The Sword and Laser discussion

Tigana
This topic is about Tigana
2012 Reads > TIG: Could the Tigana discussion be moved to a dominant position?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aloha | 919 comments Hi. I have a question not dealing with the book but with the discussion. Would it be possible to move the folder to the top where last month's Hyperion discussion is? It makes it easier to access the discussion and gives it a dominant position since it is this month's book selection. I know only Veronica or Tom can do this, since I used to be a mod.

Thank you.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It has been decided that we will continue the Hyperion discussion instead, since the Tigana discussion was completed last month.

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim | 477 comments Bwahahaha

On topic I think maybe the group needs another mod who can take care of the day-to-day things like moving discussions, updating the bookshelves, etc. Tom and Veronica seem to be really busy lately.

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments Veronica should let her newly betrothed know that S & L gets the best of her and that he only gets the rest of her. Hmm somebody should make a song about that.

Aloha | 919 comments Curse Nimrod and his enthusiasm.

Ala wrote: "It has been decided that we will continue the Hyperion discussion instead, since the Tigana discussion was completed last month."

message 6: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6092 comments We must needs be discreet in our discussions lest our conspiracies be revealed to powerful parties.

message 7: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments David Sven wrote: "Veronica should let her newly betrothed know that S & L gets the best of her and that he only gets the rest of her. Hmm somebody should make a song about that."

FooFighters already did...

Nimrod God (nimrodgod) | 273 comments Aloha wrote: "Curse Nimrod and his enthusiasm."

(o.0)"

John (johntai) | 35 comments I agree, please put it on top if possible. One other reason is that the iOS Goodreads app only shows the first few discussions of the group (dumb!).

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

All new folders start at the bottom of the list and have to manually be moved to the top by a moderator, of which we only have Tom and Veronica. And they're kinda busy.

So the folder wasn't buried, it just hasn't been moved yet is all.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

What was at the top was an "Upcoming Read" link. It was set for June 1st, so when the calendar rolled around that link went away.

The moderators of any group would then set that book as 'Currently Reading' so it would be at the top. Then they'd have to manually move the discussion folder itself to the top.

Unfortunately none of that is automatic.

message 12: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6092 comments Well if you see a Tigana thread you can always click the 'parent folder'.

Javier Quintana (javier_quintana) | 43 comments I feel it would be in best interest of this month's discussion to move this folder to a predominant position of the board (well, that sounded snotty).

That said, it's weekend. Let's wait a few days.

David Sven (gorro) | 1582 comments If I'm reading Tom's last post right(July pick thread) it appears that the monthly book officially starts on the first Monday of the Month. Is that right?

Javier Quintana (javier_quintana) | 43 comments It is done.

message 17: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6092 comments What sorcery?!

Aloha | 919 comments I binded Javier to me, so he did my bidding. Notice his missing fingers.

Javier Quintana (javier_quintana) | 43 comments Hey, I did not claim that I did it, I just wanted to notify that I saw that it was done.

comment written using my toes

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Poor Javier.

She won't stop at the fingers, man.

Can I have your stuff when you're gone she's done with you?

Javier Quintana (javier_quintana) | 43 comments I qoulf gife them to u, vut she topk them too.

comnent wrirten usimg m face

Aloha | 919 comments You're lucky I didn't turn you into sausages. I have a reputation as a cannibal, you know. Didn't announce it as much here as in the horror forum.

message 23: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6092 comments Is this body horror or splatterpunk?

Aloha | 919 comments Both! I like to call it tasteful horror.

Javier Quintana (javier_quintana) | 43 comments Mmmm… tasteful sausages…

Aloha | 919 comments Ha! My favorite food is authentic Italian sausages. I was on the hunt for chubby Italian men. But I'm in a new forum and trying to change my cannibalistic ways.

message 27: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6092 comments

Aloha | 919 comments Drat! One book I don't have.