Chosen (House of Night, #3) Chosen discussion


146 views
zoey

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood did anyone else want to scream at zoey when she did it with Luaren?


message 2: by Zoeღ (last edited May 31, 2012 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoeღ It was hard not to! She was basically cheating on Erik, Heath and Luaren..well idk about Luaren, their relationship confuses me when it comes to calling it cheating. And I guess because she imprinted on Heath it was hard to stay away from him but still...she could've really tried to stay away, it just wasnt fair to Erik.


message 3: by Chelsea (last edited May 31, 2012 07:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chelsea I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't handle how horrible she was anymore. Aphrodite has grown as a person so much more than the "beloved" main character, who just gets more and more horrible. I blame those God forsaken self-admiring authors. Though, since Zoey is based after her daughter (which she seemed to be proud of...for some unbeknown reason) Maybe if SHE was less of a dirty skank the character would be as well. Not that i know she is one personally. Only that Zoey is just like what Kristin was at that age. Normal deduction and observation would say her daughter must have slept around.


Gabriel Laurent Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't handle how horrib..."

This is precisely why I stopped reading this series... Maybe if zoey learned how to keep her legs together, I'd be inclined to continue reading it.


Tiffany Gabe wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't h..."
I agree! And the series has been dragging on way too long.


Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood i know its redicous how long there draging it out....i guess theres asposted to be 15 of them total. the only reasion i keept reading it was beacuse of Stark. and thats about it. i agree with you about zoey though; although i can also see were zoey's coming from. i just hope she's finally PICKED SOMEONE!!!!!


message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I really hate Zoey :P


message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

and the series is WAY too long


message 10: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena Cassie wrote: "did anyone else want to scream at zoey when she did it with Luaren?"

Yes. She was stupid.


message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hope P.C Cast cuts them off soon, she's writing a 10th one... SMH, I don't even know why I'm still reading this series, but I still like em. I read books 1-9 in like, 2 weeks so I barely remember any specific details in the books, just one big blur XD


Chelsea It isn't going to end anytime soon. After this she said she was going to start Stevie Rae's story. Honestly, if I could just edit the first 5 books into one tolerable book it would be... well, I can't say fine but you know what I mean.


Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood yeah we know what ya mean Chelsa. i heard there was going to be 15 of them total


Paige Cassie wrote: "did anyone else want to scream at zoey when she did it with Luaren?"
hahaha Yes


Marisa She's a whore. Nuff said. She can't keep it together long enough not to jump someones bones. She's just ridiculous.


message 17: by Marisa (last edited Jul 02, 2012 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Marisa Cassie wrote: "yeah we know what ya mean Chelsa. i heard there was going to be 15 of them total"

HOLY CRAP! there are going to be more painful stories! OMG


Daniel Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't handle how horrib..."

She's had sex with what? 2 guys? So that makes her a whore? Really? I have been reading these comments and a lot of you say she's a whore. I don't know how old all of you are but from what you're writing you must be like 12. She has slept with way less guy's than the average teenager and has had way less boyfriends than the average teenager. Seriously, i think you guys need to see a doctor. Something must be wrong with you're brains


message 19: by Ami (last edited Jul 03, 2012 01:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ami B Actually shes not a whore because of her sleepin with guys, shes a whore because of the time frame she does it within, she has had about 3 boyfriends at and given time and whines becaquse of how hard this is for her and how awful her life is. Try being on the other saide of that cheating situation. Plus she does it with a teacher thats wrong on so many levels. She is such a spoiled, childish brat.


Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood i do have to enment, that she isnt really a slut for sleeping with two guys. but it was really wrong for her to do it with her teacher and all that.............infact he shouldnt even count in this. caz he died like not even 5 mintues after that. so really she's only slept with one guy. if you dont count Loren. and thats Stark.


message 21: by Missberry19 (last edited Jul 10, 2012 11:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Missberry19 After this she said she was going to start Stevie Rae's story. Honestly, if I could just edit the first 5 books into one tolerable book it would be
Okay, thank God the authors going to do a book on Stevie Rae. I adore her!! I can not stand Zoey's point of view. I just got finish with Chosen and I am pulling my hair because of Zoey, so a break from her is going to be GREAT!

Also, I think that Zoey was just plain stupid and vain in this book. The fact that she considers herself to have 3 boyfriend is out of this world. I mean, come on honey, if you can't stay faithful to one of them then you don't have any of them, especially Lauren. I wasn't suprise at the ending, she got what she asked for.


message 22: by Brie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brie I found it pretty obvious that he was using her. something was just off.
I know the type of girls who would dislike Zoey. Jealous of her male attention. Probably stems from a reminder of some beautiful desired chick they know and envy. Its just a book and the multi boys play into the story. Duh


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Cassie wrote: "did anyone else want to scream at zoey when she did it with Luaren?"
Yes!


Jessica Suann I love her character but she sometimes just makes the wrong decisions and this was deffinately one of them.

PS. Eric is so much better than Heath.


Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood i disagree about that last part. seeing as Erik truned out to be a mojer asshat. and even though Heath *knew* she was with someone else he still was faithful to her.


Amanda Until Book 3, I really liked Zoey. It can be difficult for a teen to 'choose' someone. What really infuriates me about the Loren thing is that she did not even SUSPECT that she was being set up. I know I am an older reader, but really? Additionally, Neferet is such an evil tart!


Karen Hate Zoey. I wish Stevie Rae was the main character. ):


message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Same


Breanna I like Aphrodite and Steavie Rae much better than Zoey


Linda Zoey is the main reason why I stopped reading the series.


Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Marie wrote: "I like Aphrodite and Steavie Rae much better than Zoey"

i agree


message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok am i the only one wondering why zoey's still a 3rd former?


message 34: by Jey (new) - rated it 1 star

Jey Daniel wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't h..."

See, the issue here is nobody would have complained if she had dated ALL of those three guys, at decent intervals. Dating TWO guys at the same time, and making out with them is not acceptable! Don't get me started on the three guy thing. Makes me wonder WHY all the guys liked her: she was such a bitchy, whiny, boring character. Of course, I generally dislike characters who think they're superior compared to the rest of the human race (their friends come close to acceptable) but in this case, I think I'm justified.
She is the ONLY gifted person on the planet. Even Aphrodite's visions serve as a reminder as to how awesome Zoey is. Really??
And one dialogue that drove me nuts. "I'm no ho like Aphrodite". Bitch please. Getting physical with your own boyfriend is being ho-ish but getting physical with three is not? Just because you're the Goddess gifted one?

Which brings me to the conclusion: If Zoey os the one chosen by the Goddess, then this is one religion I'm NEVER gonna follow.

PS: Read my review of Chosen. ;)


Daniel Jey wrote: "Daniel wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I ..."

For some reason people don't understand that in the books it is acceptable to have more than one man.


Makayla Gabe wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't h..."

she only had sex once and that was with that laurel. Never with erik, or health. she does do a lot of freaky things but she is a teenager who doesn't.


Makayla Jess wrote: "I love her character but she sometimes just makes the wrong decisions and this was deffinately one of them.

PS. Eric is so much better than Heath."


no he isn't erik want sex but health was there for her through thick and think


Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood Makayla wrote: "Jess wrote: "I love her character but she sometimes just makes the wrong decisions and this was deffinately one of them.

PS. Eric is so much better than Heath."

no he isn't erik want sex but heal..."


Thank you!!! So much for agreeing with me about the whole Erik is better than Heath thing! case hes Sooooooo NOT better than Heath,.


message 39: by Lana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lana Zoey is a vampire and in vampire lore women are more sexual then men therefore monogammy is not part of their moral. It is permistted in some tribes that women have more then one man. Monkey's mate with more than one male because if they didn't the males would kill their own children out of jealousy but if you don't know who the father is you do nothing.


message 40: by Mary (new) - rated it 1 star

Mary Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't handle how horrib..."

Exactly


message 41: by Lana (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lana I agree in the real world Zoey is a slut but we aren't dealing with the real world and she tries to do more good then bad. As teenagers we make lots of mistakes exspecially about boys and Zoey is going through some pretty rigorous changes physically and emotionally. As she has been written in as a character wrong no matter what she does but she never stops trying and maybe that would help. If you try and fail and try and fail you don't fail but if you try and fail and never try again you failed. These books are written for way young girls. Zoey is not a good role model but your talking about fiction.


Justine saulnier Chelsea wrote: "I just hate Zoey as a character in general. She is a whore. An unfaithful whore. She is shallow and vain and irresponsible. I think I stopped around book 7 because I just couldn't handle how horrib..."

there was more of a story line to the books then her sleeping with guys i admit that i didn't like the first book very much and it gets better the more books they write.


message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Zoey is a horrible character, period.


message 44: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea Watmore I love this series and I'm glad there are more books, I think zoey is great! Yeh she makes a lot of stupid decisions but one it's a book two I think it really shows what goes through a lot of girls her age minds.


Sidrah A lot of people seem to think zoeys a whore but what would u do if a fricken god looking guy acted like he liked u? Sure she made stupid mistakes that should earn her a slap or two but later on in the series she changes so i do think she was stupid to sleep with him but that doesnt take away from the series :)


TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** Okay. Zoey...Well, to be honest, I really like her. I mean, the first two books she was great none-the-less. A little bit of boyfriend issues, but nothing too major....Then in the 3rd book, she met Loren Blake...The man that makes her feel like a women. Now we are running into some issues. So, at first it was nothing serious...But then she started kissing him and I was like " Uh girl...What about your totally hot boyfriend Erik?! The name ring a bell to you?" Then, after Erik changed, Zoey went to go cry away her sorrows. " Oh hes going to go away" " Oh I'm gonna miss him" " Oh this is gonna happen" " Oh that is gonna.." Oh for god's sake shut up! Then Loren came to "comfort" her...aaand they end up having sex........That is when I wanted to jump into that book and bitch slap her like no tomorrow. Motherf-er! Why....why would you do that to Erik..?? Just-just why? So its safe to say that I totally HATED Zoey in this book. She's better in the other ones though. But in this one...no....just no.


message 47: by Missberry19 (last edited Mar 20, 2013 08:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Missberry19 Teddy wrote: "Okay. Zoey...Well, to be honest, I really like her. I mean, the first two books she was great none-the-less. A little bit of boyfriend issues, but nothing too major....Then in the 3rd book, she met..."
My thoughts actually!! I feel like she was all over the place. I will give her the benefit of the doubt because she had a lot of on her plate (her powers, missing her grandma, and worrying about Neferet, and her friends who are too good to her by the way) but COME ON, we all have some sort of self control :/ But anyway, I actually stopped reading the series because of her lol. Maybe I'll start again but that's a big MAYBE.


TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** Jessica wrote: "Teddy wrote: "Okay. Zoey...Well, to be honest, I really like her. I mean, the first two books she was great none-the-less. A little bit of boyfriend issues, but nothing too major....Then in the 3rd..."

See, it is an amazing series....But Zoey...She just needs to calm the fuck down!! Even after this book she still at it a bit and its like ' Girl, have you not learned your lesson from Loren?!?!' Its a really good storyline and Zoey is a really pretty cool person, if she would stop acting like a whore.


Shelly Teddy wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Teddy wrote: "Okay. Zoey...Well, to be honest, I really like her. I mean, the first two books she was great none-the-less. A little bit of boyfriend issues, but nothing too major......"

Acting like a whore? I think you all need to grow the fuck up. She fucked up and slept with some dude that played her. Doesn't make her a whore. She's a fucking teenager. It's normal to like more than one guy at that age. You all act like you never like more than one guy at the same time.
Calling her a whore cause she kisses more than one guy? Wow, how immature and jealous you all are.


TeddyBear {HarpyAshe}  **Well You Built Up A World Of Magic, Cause Your Real Life Is Tragic** Shelly wrote: "Teddy wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Teddy wrote: "Okay. Zoey...Well, to be honest, I really like her. I mean, the first two books she was great none-the-less. A little bit of boyfriend issues, but nothin..."

Whoa whoa whoa...I think you need to calm the fuck down too. See, it wasnt really the fact that her liking more than one guy that i had an issue with. It was the fact that she was DATING Erik and she was making out with Loren. Then, at age 16, she went and had sex with him....when she was still DATING Erik. Am I wrong to think that that is a bit whoreish?? Naw I dont think so. Yeah sure I felt bad for her afterward, but it still really didnt make-up for what she did.


« previous 1
back to top