Legend (Legend, #1) Legend discussion

why did he do that?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (last edited May 31, 2012 01:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica why do you think thomas killed his crush's brother?
the (crush) is JUNE by the way.

Marisa IDK

Kate Kid Because he's comander's little monster. He killed him because his little comander thought of him as a threat, he knew to much. He would have killed June to if his comander told him to do so. Thomas knew Day had been there when he seen the brother (Why can't I remember how to spell his name!?) and he knew he could blame it on him. And he has no concious.

Steph Because he's messed up

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Plus it didn't discourage him that he got promoted to captain as a result.

message 6: by Ivy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ivy Because he is a brainless, heartless, dumb bum.

Najla Madwar Because he was blinded, and stupid enough not to question anything his people have been telling him. Because he wanted the easy way that guaranteed power, safety and maybe money.

Hibaq Farah Throughout the book i had a bad feeling about him. Is that wrong? I also guessed that he was the killer at least 20 pages before it was revealed. Thomas is a creep plain and simple. A mindless creep.

Elizabeth I didn't trust him either. From the moment I met him I knew something was off.

Heather He was the commander's puppet. He did what was expected of him. He didn't have any compelling reasons not to, except that it was wrong, which he doesn't see since he's been brain washed by society. He stood to gain too much and to preserve what he already had. He got Metias' job. He gained favor with the government. He even got Metias out of the way so he could begin wooing June. I doubt Metias would have been cool with that. Big brother complex...plus Thomas is a creep.

Kate Kid THOMAS HAD A BRAIN! (He has to have a brain to be brain washed)

message 12: by Dale (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dale Z Thomas is sick creep who wants to badly make out with June. And kills her freaking brother to get a higher rank.

Sick pedophile in the air.

Kate Kid Agreed

message 14: by Roan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roan I saw that coming from the part where Metias got killed off. I knew Thomas did it. Must be for the position/promotion.

message 15: by Bere (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bere Rosales Thomas killed Metias because he is an obedient soldier. Metias figured out too much about the government so Thomas was told to kill him and when Day wounded him he took the opportunity to kill him and make it seem like Day did.

message 16: by Koleen (last edited Nov 30, 2013 04:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Koleen Hansen To whom may concern.
To me it like most Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic fiction Thomas he when though a thought reform Aka brainwashing were human are striped of Morality and ethics and conscience. so in other words striped of what right and wrong. the what the government is a in the story all about a corrupt government Politic and the fear of the end of morality, ethics conscience Law. so Thomas striped of humanity
that why he did it.

best regard.

message 17: by Jeanette (last edited Dec 05, 2013 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeanette June couldn't have been his crush because Thomas is gay and actually liked Metias, which actually makes it more twisted. He was brainwashed into believing that he was doing his duty as a soldier to the Republic by eliminating a "traitor". He had blind faith in the wrong system

message 18: by Sophie (last edited Dec 05, 2013 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sophie Jeanette wrote: "June couldn't have been his crush because Thomas is gay and he was brainwashed into believing that he was doing his duty as a soldier to the Republic by eliminating a "traitor"."

^^^Don't bother saying spoiler alert for the second book, then :P