Writer's Paradise discussion

Writers A-G > A.D's Statistics

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments I have been keeping daily, monthly and yearly stats for my writing since 1996. I have a mandate to write every day which I set up in 2007.

2007 127 pages; 34,250 words 2 chapbook completed, 11 published NF articles

2008 116 pages; 29,000 words (down statistics due to hospitalized 3 weeks with rehab) 1 chapbook (SF) 1 book (Children Fic.) 2 revised editions (NF Reference) and 9 published articles (Genealogy NF) completed.

2009 As of January 4, 2009 750 words with 8 scheduled writing projects. Currently working on Project # 118 "The 1st Phylum" (SF Novel) 3/4 done, Proofing manuscript project #104-3 "Pemphigus;The positive Pig"(Children Fiction) for my agent, and 1st (NF article) for online magazine Project #98-40 "Genealogy & Internet Security" mid re-write; "Love for Ransom" (Romance Fiction) novel brought out of archives to be transcribed into digital format.
I am off and writing out of the 2009 gates. Quote of the month: "Just smile, it gives your face something to do."

message 2: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 464 comments cool

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments good work. :D

message 4: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments Januray 7, 2009
Stats: 7 pages 1,754 words 1 completed NF article submitted.
Average word count per day 250.57142
Average Pages per day 1
Proofreading / Editing project #104-3
2009 Targets: (above 2008 totals) 140 pages 35,000 words. Above targets so far, Yeah!!

message 5: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 8, 2009
I know most of the writers here are fiction writers, but I thought I would add that I post my NF genealogy articles once a month at my blog at Myspace.com. Project #98-40 "Genealogy & Internet Security" has a few general tips concerning keeping one safe. The blog is at: http://blog.myspace.com/67504807

message 6: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 10, 2009
Stats: 10 pages; 2,504 words after 10 days. Average is still 1 page and 250 words a day,
Started project #98-41 "The National Road" article. I was wondering how I should keep stats on transcribing hand written stories to digital formats. I have a 1982 manuscript that I am about to transcribe, project #125 "Love for Ransome" and although I keep writing stats and data entry stats seperate, in reality the transscription process seems as much effort as writing a story from scratch. Most of the time the final manuscript is quite different than the one I started with.

message 7: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 14, 2009
Stats: 14 pages, 3,504 words after 14 days. Average is still 1 page and 250 words a day. This indeed great progress when you account for the fact that I drove 220 miles yesterday over the Snoqualmie pass to Seattle and back for a doctor's appointment and still kept my target. Hooyah!

message 8: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
Hey, A.D. I have a question for you. Do you double space your pages? Or do you write in a notebook? What medium do you use when writing?

message 9: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Okay, I lied. Three questions. Well, technically two, since the first was the opposite of the second.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments lmao

ur hilarious kenz. :D

message 11: by Roni, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Roni (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
Just imagine her on cold medicine+skittles! :D

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments oh god!!!!! CAN U IMAGINE????

message 13: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments Alright. I admit it, I do double space, but that is because it is considered the "standard" of a manuscript for submission. Most often the total is pretty close to 250 words a page. I am currently using Microsoft works and occassionally Words. But, I have earlier stories which I wrote in a notebook which I must transcribe into the digital age.
January 17, 2009
Stats: 3,818 words and 15 pages. Average: .88 a page per day and 224.5 words a day. I'm slipping!!!
Writing project 118 "The First Phylum" SF Novel is at 105 pages and about 30,000 words. I had to update a noun and pronoun index and my outline to keep track of all the places and character names. But I don't count such organizational admin to my word list, if anybody wonders.
Thanks for the interest.

message 14: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments Oh by the way, I joined twitter a couple days ago. My Twitter address is http://twitter.com/Homeuniverse if you twitter. My user name is Homeuniverse and I am a newbie at it. My books can be viewed on my website www.eburg.com/~positivepr/. At the home page you can go to the genre that you are interested in.
See Yah!

message 15: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

No, that's fine A.D. I was just wondering.

message 16: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

LOL, Roni. Paige, you do not want to see that. Kenzie + Tylenol + skittles = very, very, bad!

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hides*

message 18: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 19, 2009
Stats: 16 pages, 4,070 words. Averaging .84 pages a day and 214.2 words a day. I did submit 2nd NF article to genweekly 11 days before deadline. The title is: "The national road, the gateway to Ohio".
I decided that I am really an alien from Organizacon which is a group of beings whom like putting puzzles and chaos back together. I believe this because of my enjoyment over organizing things, which seems to be an anti-human behavior. Who knew? I have some cute short stories posted on my blog at www.soulcast.com/Scribbles. Titles like: "When Peas Attack", "Death by Pumpkin Pie" and "The sweet pickle conspiracy".

message 19: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 464 comments COOL

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments good job!

message 21: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments Nice to have positive feed back. I am soooo humbled.

message 22: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments why?

message 23: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 22, 2009
Stats: Words 4,820, Pages 19. Avg. 219 words a day and .86 pages a day. (that's up)
I am humbled due to the single fact that humands can criticize, praise or what ever they do by choice and the expression of self-determinism. Though we all must travel our own paths and hold our own council, yet we forget that an act of kindness was a choice which should be appreciated.
Which reminds me of an exciting possablility. I received an e-mail from a foundation which is interested in my children's book as a thank-you gift and the use of their website to promote it which receives 1 million hits a year. This is a fantastic promotional oportunity which could result in the sales of thousands of copies! Yah!

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments WOW THAT'S GREAT! *applauds AD*

message 25: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 24, 2009
STATS: 22 Pages, 5,570 words with an average per day of: .91 pages and 232 words. (inching back up).
The word of the day: "inteligence" one definition is: the ability to preceive, pose and reslove problems. Hmmm, so what does that say of politicians?
Kay Snow writing contest has started see website www.willamettewriters.com/ I checked out authormagazine.org. I was not impresses.

message 26: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 26, 2009
Stats: 25 pages, 6,320 words. .96 a page a day and 243 words a day. "Writer's of the future contest" The contest has 4 quarters, beginning on Oct. 1, Jan. 1st, April 1st and July 1st. The year ends on Sept. 30th. www.writersofthefuture.com . Thinking of sending them one of my episode of "The Adventures of Captain Adam Smith". Submitted my children's manuscript to my agent and was given a possable publisher to submit manuscript at www.StrategicBookPublishing.com. Busy busy.

message 27: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments ooohhh...*clicks on link, curious*

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments cool! Good luck

message 29: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments January 29, 2009
Stats: 26 pages Words 6,820. Unfortunately I lost more than an entire day due to trying to handle a virus with the download of a newer version of Norton software. I did send a story to Willamette writer's contest with my children's story.
Word of the week: Philopophy: Study of causes and relations of things. The science which investigates the facts and principals of reality and of human nature and conduct. Derivation: Greek: "The love of wisdom" Who would of thunk it? So why do they place this subject in the humanities if it is a science and why did my philosophy teacher say that the only thing you can do with philosopy was teach it or get a grant?

message 30: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments good job!

message 31: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments February 1, 2009
SUPER BOWL! January's final total 28 pages written, 7,320 words. Proofread 6 pages. One year ago I wrote 6 pages(1,502 words)and proofread 45 pages. production up, Quality control down.
Good start for February with 2 pages and 495 words. Go Arizona!

message 32: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Your for the Cardinals???????????? *pouts*

message 33: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments February 3, 2009
Stats: 4 pages, 1,010 words.
Under-dogs like AZ. create a better plot. But the superbowl story didn't have a happy ending for the cards. Terrible towls were too much. Good game.

message 34: by Paige (last edited Feb 06, 2009 01:13PM) (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments good job AD.

message 35: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments February 4, 2009
Stats: 6 pages 1,485 words. Started my next installment to my "The Adventures of Captain Adam Smith" series. Episode IV. is called: "Sweet Dreams". Adam discouvers that the intergalactic chain of donut shops called "sweet dreams" is really a front for a galactic mafia known as the Golden Star. What makes the donuts sooo good is due to a certain weed found on a particular planet.

message 36: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments hi AD

message 37: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments oops... *edits above post*

You're AD not AL

message 38: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments LOL

message 39: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments Hello!
Actually my first name is Alan, so I could be addressed as "Al" though I had not been Big Al since my Junior High days.
February 7, 2009
Stats: 14 pages, 3,489 words. That is 2 page average a day and 498 words a day. 2X my out-put and highest ever! Submitted my second manuscript to a contest yesterday with Episode III, (30 pages proofread) going to Writer of the future contest in LA. I also started a bulletin on "The purpose of Critiques" and expanding my genealogy article "Ports of entry in the US" to a two or three part article. Learning a lot about immigration.
Being I am in the frozen northwest, I got to get as much done as possible before the warm spring sun becons me back to work outside. The word of the week is: intimate: to suggest or hint that something is a certain way. Have a good day!

message 40: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments nice!

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Awesome.

message 42: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Hey A. D. I was going to do Twitter as well. Still not sure how it works. I am having a very "blonde" day :)

message 43: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments February 14, 2009
Stats: 34 pages, 8,488 words. Avg. 2.4 pages a day and 606 words a day. Happy Valentines day.
Quote of the month: "A race is as great as its individual members are self determined. Force reduces self determinism. A democracy engaging in war has always lost some of its democratic rights."

message 44: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments YAY!

message 45: by A.D. (new)

A.D. | 90 comments February 18, 2009
Stats: 42 pages, 10,482 words. 2.3 pages a day average and 249 words a day. 582 words a day.

message 46: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Outstanding word count A.d :]

message 47: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

I like your quote too :)

message 48: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments YAY! Good job, AD. LOL It would be funny if your name was ADD... sorry I'm sleep deprived and slap happy. I need to go to bed.

message 49: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (Taleoflostink) | 1367 comments NIce count!

message 50: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Hey Alan,

Have a great friday :)

« previous 1 3 4