Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > Austin, TX: The Reverse Cowgirls

Comments Showing 1-50 of 967 (967 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

message 1: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments Anyone else following from Austin? Hit me up here on GR or on Twitter @JackFP and we can try to meet up to discuss the books and such.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Winget | 4 comments Hi Jackie, I live in Austin, and am about to go out of town until Mid-July - but would like to know when / if there's an actual meetup!

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Cerda (snax) | 8 comments Hiya -- I'll be back in town June 25, would love to meet up!

message 4: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments I'm from Austin also! I'd love a meetup! I'm @jinxleah on Twitter.

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments Hey guys! So it might be a little late to try to arrange a meetup before the next Hangout this upcoming Monday, but maybe we can try for one in July before the next one?

What would you guys think of just meeting up for some coffee and chatting in early July, maybe after the 4th? Then try to set up another more discussion-y one later in the month closer to the next Hangout?

What does everyone's schedule look like the weekend of the 7/8?

message 6: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) Austin Texas here too. I don't have a twitter, but I can keep in contact here and I have a facebook. I'd love to try and get more involved in things.

message 7: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments My schedule is clear for that weekend!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sflanagan19) | 127 comments Thanks for letting me know about this thread, Jackie! I would love to meet up with everyone, but unfortunately I'm going to be out of the state for the rest of the summer starting in July. But if everyone wants to meet up in the fall then count me in!

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments No problme, Sarah, we'll keep you posted!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 32 comments I'm in the Austin area. I was wondering if there was a local group. I'd love to meetup.

message 11: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments So, do we have an idea of where we would want to meet, or what time would be good for everyone?

message 12: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments I'm actually waiting on a work schedule for that weekend still (even though I suggested it, ha) but we should just try to find the best time for as many of us as possible. I might just try to switch shifts if I need to, so I'm open to whenever. Is afternoonish better for most? I'm going to throw out 1 or 2 PM Saturday - yes, no, indifferent?

In terms of where, Alisha messaged me and said that she works at a Target Starbucks and we could all hang there. Or another coffee place maybe? That type of place seems like a good meeting and chatting spot. Any preferences?

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sflanagan19) | 127 comments I won't be able to be there on July 7/8, but if there's anyone else who can't make it that weekend, I'm going to be in Austin this weekend (June 30, July 1) if anyone wants to meet up! Let me know :-)

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (TabbieTales) | 0 comments Hey ladies, I'm not in Austin (Dallas here) but since a meet up seems to be in the air for you, how about doing a G+ hangout of your own? There doesn't seem to be a SINGLE other follower in Dallas so I was personally thinking of trying a state wide G+ hangout.
Does that sound dumb?

message 15: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments Jackie, I like the idea of 1 or 2 PM. I'm free that whole day, and am trying to keep it that way. We could also try one of the local coffee shops, like Epoch or one of the others. Where does everyone live? I'm in the Round Rock area.

Amanda, I love the idea of a statewide G+ hangout!

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments Leah, I'm north central Austin, very close to Epoch, actually.

Amanda, I'm also down for a statewide hangout!

message 17: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) I'm in North Austin I think. Close to Round Rock. I'm not extremely familiar with the area. I moved to Texas just under two years ago so I pretty much only know where comic and book stores are right now.

message 18: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments Alisha wrote: "I'm in North Austin I think. Close to Round Rock. I'm not extremely familiar with the area. I moved to Texas just under two years ago so I pretty much only know where comic and book stores are r..."

That's the important part! At least you know where they are!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (TabbieTales) | 0 comments Alisha I'm there with you! I know where the nearest book store is, and the food stores. I moved to Dallas New years day.

message 20: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) lol Yea where I'm from I had one comic book store near by that was decent and no used book stores that I knew of that were close. This place was overwhelming at first, then I realized it was paradise. (among other not so nerdy reasons as well)

On another note is everyone familiar with Book People? I've only been there once but that also seems like it could be a good place to meet. For me personally I wasn't crazy about the location and the inside felt a little off, but they do a lot of events so there is space and it's got coffee and books. Win win.

message 21: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments I am very familiar with Book People! They are usually insanely busy on Saturdays.

message 22: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) Ah. I didn't know that. The one random time I went it was uncomortably empty and quiet.

message 23: by Marcela (new)

Marcela Reyna | 31 comments I'm also from Austin, I'd like to meetup sometime. I'm somewhat new to this genre though. I'm on twitter as well @nanabananaana

Thanks!

message 24: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) I just looked up that Epoch place. That's not too far south of me. I could swing that one. I've never been there, but I'd like to get to know more local places.

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments Cool! Well, then sounds like Saturday, July 7 at 1 PM at Epoch it is! Here is their website with address (North Loop area): http://www.epochcoffee.com/

I'll try to get there early and grab a table and chairs for us. I don't have any VF shirts or gear yet, but I'll try to be conspicuous :) Who all thinks they can make it?

Super excited!

message 26: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments I will make it! BTW, my hair is no longer pink, but I'll try to be conspicuous as well!

message 27: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments Oh hey! I'll bring my Daughter of the Blood book! That'll make it pretty obvious.

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (TabbieTales) | 0 comments Get a poster board and write Vaginal Fantasy Meeting HERE
and an arrow pointing down.

Funniest part is other people will get the wrong idea entirely.

message 29: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) I have to close at my work that night but I'm sure I could make it for at least a little while. I'll be sporting my Dr. Horrible shirt so as to be painfully obvious.

message 30: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Cerda (snax) | 8 comments Hey gals! Sorry I missed discussion, I'm finally back in town and settling in.

I'm also Northwest Austin, near 183/McNeil. Black Star Co-op is now open and serving lunch on Friday-Sunday, so that's another potential meeting place. Rest of week it's 4 pm opening there.

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments Hello all! Just a reminder that if you're able to make it, we're meeting tomorrow, Saturday, July 7 at 1 PM at Epoch Coffee on North Loop. I'll try to get a spot inside where it's cooler. I'll probably wear a hat so I'm easier to spot, though I don't know which one yet :) Other than that, I have shoulder-length dark brown hair.

I personally haven't had a chance to read the current pick yet, but we can still talk about it or any past reads. Mostly, I'd just like the chance to get to know you guys! Hopefully, we can keep this going and try out several different spots to meet, eat and chat - including the Co-op, Debbie, I haven't been there yet, but I hear its great!

See you guys there tomorrow!

Jackie

message 32: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) The meeting was a lot of fun. Shame everyone couldn't make it. Hopefully another one will be in the works soon. Looking forward to the next one!

message 33: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Did you guys take pictures?!?! Please take pics and post them to the group! And next time I order bookmarks I'll try to send a chunk out to local meetups so you can give them out :D

message 34: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) Sadly I don't think either of us thought to take pictures since it was just the two of us. Hopefully we'll be able to get more people together for the next one.

message 35: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments I am so sorry I missed it! I wasn't feeling well today. I hope to be able to get to the next one.

message 36: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) Jackie and I talked about setting up another one before the next video. In a couple weeks or so I think.Still need to hammer out details.

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackpurdy) | 120 comments Damn, I totally thought about taking some earlier in the day, too, but I had the same thought Alisha. Oh, well, next time!

Would definitely love some bookmarks though!

Why don't we try Black Star Co-op next time? Maybe evening for dinner the week of the 23-27 (mon-fri) - any preferences?

message 38: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments Black Star Co-op sounds great. Right now, it looks like just about any evening during that week would work for me. Maybe something M-Th so we can avoid the crowds?

message 39: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) I actually won't be able to make another one till after the month. I forgot that my younger brother is flying down to stay with me from 20th-31th. I'm thinking that it might not be something appropriate for him to participate in. lol

message 40: by Fangirlx (new)

Fangirlx | 7 comments Hello fellow Austinites! I'm here in Austin too and I'd love to join in the book discussions the next time everyone in the area gets together!!

I'm sad I missed this thread until after your first hangout! I'll be paying attention to this thread now so I don't miss future hangouts!

Miss_Tessa_Melissa | 88 comments Maannn, I live walking distance from Epoch, I wish I saw this sooner! Count me in for the next meetup!

message 42: by Nadine (new)

Nadine | 1 comments oh man, i missed it as well!
we need a facebook group.

message 43: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments Nadine!!! You found us!! I didn't even realize you'd joined the group!

Miss_Tessa_Melissa | 88 comments Hey guys. Honestly, earlier in the week would be better for me. Could we make it Monday the 25th or Tuesday the 26th if we are trying for a weekday?

message 45: by Leah Adams (new)

Leah Adams | 51 comments Misstessamelissa wrote: "Hey guys. Honestly, earlier in the week would be better for me. Could we make it Monday the 25th or Tuesday the 26th if we are trying for a weekday?"

Those would work well for me as well.

message 46: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) I could swing any day really. I can try while my little brother is here, but in general any day of the week works for me. I close randomly at my work so I really have no way of knowing which days those will be.

message 47: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (TabbieTales) | 0 comments I am thinking about driving down for this, unless this is strictly for the Austin local. :)
I have to ask though. Are you all thinking of Mon. or Tue., or re you thinking of the 25th(Wed.) or 26th(Thurs.)?
Personally, if we could do a weekend that would be preferable, but I should be able to swing a week day maybe.

Miss_Tessa_Melissa | 88 comments Amanda wrote: "I am thinking about driving down for this, unless this is strictly for the Austin local. :)
I have to ask though. Are you all thinking of Mon. or Tue., or re you thinking of the 25th(Wed.) or 26th(..."

The more the merrier, IMO. Driving down from where?

Also, I realized that I was looking at the June calendar when I wrote the dates. I was definitely thinking about Monday or Tuesday.

message 49: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (TabbieTales) | 0 comments Driving from Dallas if I am able to make it. :D

message 50: by Alu (new)

Alu (aluhealz) Amanda wrote: "Driving from Dallas if I am able to make it. :D"

How far of a drive is it for you? Sorry I'm still unfamiliar with the state and it's major cities. Sad I've been here two years now and don't know these things -.-;

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20