Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > Calling all Aussies

Comments Showing 1-50 of 441 (441 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 68 comments I actually wanted to make a poll. But apparently I'm not special enough to do that here. :/

Can you please list where abouts you all are in Aussie-land? And then we can see if there is actually enough people to have a meet-up per state/capital city or just have an interwebby one .. or wherever else.

I'm in Canberra atm. But am more than happy to travel to Sydney or some such thing.

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Hi Lisa, I'm in Melbourne and would love some kind of meet up.

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Wow Lisa, I thought there'd be more Aussies than this.

Would you like to look at. Doing a hangout at some point?

message 4: by Bek (new)

Bek (bek_worm) | 5 comments I am in Rockhampton in qld.

message 5: by Alesha (new)

Alesha (yoshietta) | 4 comments Im in rural NSW, the lovely city of Armidale.

message 6: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments I'm also in rural NSW, in the small town of Uralla just 20mins south of the lovely Alesha in Armidale :)

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 68 comments looks like there's not many of us.. maybe we can do a google hangout or something? i will need to get a new webcam though

message 8: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments I thought there would be more of us too! I'm trying to introduce this group to my friends as well. There has to be more of us... Don't be shy!

message 9: by Vivienne (new)

Vivienne | 4 comments Currently freezing in the Blue Mountains just outside of Sydney

message 10: by Rosetta (new)

Rosetta (rosettakatrina) | 22 comments Hi All,
I am near Canberra as well! Its funny, I was wondering the same thing about how many of us were on here. With Kushiel's Dart, when I first got started reading Jacqueline Carey back in 2003 I think, I actually read the second one first, and had to send overseas to get Kushiel's Dart. Mind you, I was living in Wagga Wagga at the time. That's one of the things I love about eBooks, generally no waiting any more. Not to mention the house is no longer overflowing with books.
Ooops sorry, rambled on to much.
Yep, near Canberra.

message 11: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn I'm in Tamworth, not too far from the Armidale ladies!

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Hi Everyone,

I've been playing around in google hangouts and I think I've got it down. So if you'd like to have our own hangout meet up I'm happy to host for us all. My profile can be found at https://plus.google.com/1031582445336...

For me to host I'll need a link to your profile so I can add you to my circle.

Some of the other local groups are having two meet ups, one for each book. What do you guys think? I was thinking that to get us started it would be easiest to have one and see how it goes.

The official VF hangout is on the 25th (which is the 26th for us) so how about the 25th at 7pm EST?

Anyway I'm just throwing ideas out so let me know.

Mel.

message 13: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Bailey (klbailey) | 86 comments I'm in Brisbane :) @Rosetta I was born in Wagga Wagga!

I bought a Kindle because of this group (well, this and Sword & Laser) because I was sick of ordering books from overseas and then not getting time to read them.

message 14: by Melinda (new)

Melinda | 12 comments I'm in Melbourne too, Mel :}
I've added you to an SFR circle in my Google+ account. Is that enough for you to add me back?
I should be able to make 25th and 7pm, although I'm not a fan of the Kushiel book.

message 15: by Rosetta (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:03PM) (new)

Rosetta (rosettakatrina) | 22 comments Hi Kirsten, in the incredibly slight chance that you were born between 2003 and 2006, I could have delivered you. Seriously doubt it. If you were, you really should not be reading these books, way to naughty for you! (Just naughty enough for me :)) Better chance if you were in born in Gosford between 1996 and 1997, or Campbelltown between 1998 and 2003. Yes, the wait to get books is such a pain. It's so amazing (and tough on the bank account) to go "Ooooh that book looks good, I think that I will get it, and 30 seconds later it's on your eReader!

We do have a very good library here that exchanges between 5 different libraries, and they will order almost any book for you, particularly if it is written by an Australian author. I seem to have the right grovelling knack to get most books.

I am currently tring to join Mel's google group thingy. Not very tech savvy here, so please forgive me if I really stuff things up.

message 16: by Alesha (new)

Alesha (yoshietta) | 4 comments Hi Mel,
My G+ profile is https://plus.google.com/u/0/107175524...

& Hi Evelyn I'm from Tamworth, but moved to Armidale 18 months ago now. How awesome.

Rosanna you have to see my shop before it closes. :-(

Cheers

message 17: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments Nooooooooo!!! The shop is closing :( when?! Will definitely cone and see it!

Rosetta, if my sister wasn't born at Bowral you may have delivered her in Campbelltown, I'm originally from Bargo... Right inbetween those 2 hospitals.

Still figuring out Google + so i will look at it when i'm at home and not with the crappy internet connection we have at work today :(

message 18: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Bailey (klbailey) | 86 comments Rosetta wrote: "Hi Kirsten, in the incredibly slight chance that you were born between 2003 and 2006, I could have delivered you. Seriously doubt it. If you were, you really should not be reading these books, way..."

Heh, no, sorry, I'm a bit older than that!

message 19: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Bailey (klbailey) | 86 comments I don't have a Google+ account... is it worth making one?

message 20: by Alesha (new)

Alesha (yoshietta) | 4 comments Kirsten most definitely. I love it! It's a much better version of facebook.

message 21: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Bailey (klbailey) | 86 comments Ok, I have joined Google+! My profile is https://plus.google.com/u/0/114919258...

I love the idea of an Aussie hangout!

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 68 comments I am still new to this Google+ thing, so I will be messing about with hangouts and whatnot this weekend.

Just a heads up if I invite any of you to anything through my random button clicking. Haha.

message 23: by Mel (booksandsundry) (last edited Jun 13, 2012 05:20PM) (new)

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Melinda wrote: "I'm in Melbourne too, Mel :}
I've added you to an SFR circle in my Google+ account. Is that enough for you to add me back?
I should be able to make 25th and 7pm, although I'm not a fan of the Kushi..."

Woot! I was seriously concerned I was alone for a while there Melinda. :D

message 24: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments Hi guys! OK so internet decided it wants to work today (yay!), my G+ profile is https://plus.google.com/u/0/103781716... happy to do the Aussie Hangout :)

p.s. Alesha I need you and Brendan to look at my stupid macbook... he's dying :(

message 25: by Rosetta (new)

Rosetta (rosettakatrina) | 22 comments Ok, I started a Google + thingy under Rosetta Katrina, but don't know what to to from there. I am trying to keep my real name out from the www. So any help please, greatly appreciated.

Thank you
xox

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Rosetta wrote: "Ok, I started a Google + thingy under Rosetta Katrina, but don't know what to to from there. I am trying to keep my real name out from the www. So any help please, greatly appreciated.

Thank you..."

It's clearly working Rosetta because I saw you added me. :)

message 27: by Laura (new)

Laura | 111 comments I'm in Tassie.

message 28: by Rosetta (new)

Rosetta (rosettakatrina) | 22 comments Yay, I saw you added me! I now have a friend! Lol

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the google hangout I've scheduled is on Monday (25th) at 7pm EST. Since no one has questioned that time I hope it works for you.

I've got in my circle at the moment:

Melinda
Kirsten
Rosanna
Rosetta
Alesha
Claire

If anyone else wants to join you can add me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/1031582445336...

I believe I can have a total of 10 people in the hangout, but if we go over we'll just look at someone else hosting at the same time.

If you're in the circle and can't make it can you let me know (even at the last minute) so we know accurate numbers because of the above.

@Lisa, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes by organising this!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there! :D

message 30: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments YAY!!!!

message 31: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 68 comments Hey Mel, thanks for organizing this :) I have added you to my G+ thingy - hope I did it right!

I did not end up getting a web cam last week so I might sit this one out. Hope everyone else have a great time chatting :)

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) @Lisa, I've added you Lisa. It's a shame you can't make it on Monday. I hope you'll be able to join us for the next one.

message 33: by Tara (new)

Tara | 2 comments This G+ meet up sounds like fun, i'm from Wollongong myself and am constantly in search of a good book club.
Unfortunately i can't make it for this one on the 25th but i'll add you to G+ on the chance you decide to hold another one. (:

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma | 6 comments I'm in Sydney

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Hi Tara, I've added you to my circle and hope you can make it next time. :)

message 36: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments Hey guys, it was a small hangout this time, just Mel and I lol, but still enjoyed it! I hope you all can join next time!

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Thanks for a great chat Rosanna, I really enjoyed talking about the books with you and everything else we hit on. :)

Okay everyone, I'm assuming that weekends are a bad time for these hangouts, but Monday's don't seem great either so I'm trying for a Wednesday night instead. Please let me know if you'd prefer a different day so we can find what best suits everyone.

So next month's Hangout is currently scheduled for Wednesday 25th of July at 7pm.

Please let us know if that doesn't work for you.

message 38: by Tara (new)

Tara | 2 comments What books are planned for next month? And do you know what time the actual vaginal fantasy G+ stream is? I'm assuming some time this morning so I'll be checking on twitter but of anyone knows exactly that would be awesome.

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) It's on at 1pm EST for us today. The book gets announced during the hangout. Hope you can make it Tara.

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) Woot! We got a mention in the Hangout today Ladies! :D

message 41: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments NO WAY!! I can't watch it till I get home! Stupid work!

message 42: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments Hey Emma! Welcome :) where abouts in Sydney?

message 43: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 68 comments 7pm is a little early for me, can we move the next one to 8pm? :)

message 44: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments I'm happy with 8pm too, it means I won't be eating my dinner in front of you guys like poor Mel put up with last night lol

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) No worries by me, 8pm on July 25th it is. :)

message 46: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments Watching #6 hangout on the big screen (thanks to YouTube on my xbox) with a bottle of red. That's right, bottle not glass ;)

Mel (booksandsundry) (booksandsundry) So Felicialike. :D

message 48: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments More like Bonnie lol... And now it's gone :(

message 49: by KyleeReads (new)

KyleeReads | 6 comments I'm in Brisbane!

message 50: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna | 22 comments Hey Kylie! Welcome to the Aussie group :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9