David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > Where are you from?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments So I guess I'll start. I have lived in many many places. I was born and raised in NY. Westchester county. Lived there till I was 19. Then moved to NYC for a while. For four torturous years I lived in South Florida. Only good that came out of that was meeting my wonderful husband. We got married 11 years ago. We moved to Israel and lived there for four years. Now we are back on the east coast of the USA in Northern Jersey. Yes (when address books were paper, all my friends wrote my info in pencil. If anyone else lives in N. Jersey we should get together.

Next...

message 2: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) Ok I live in Northern Ontario Canada, and haven't moved around that much. Well never left northern Ontario. and did I mention I am from Canada lol...

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments Hi Im from Mexico and i´ve lived here my whole life,i have a 2 year old son and 2 dogs =D

message 4: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Hello. I am from Ohio. I have lived here since 1978. As a child I lived in Georgia. I have 6 sons and 3 female dogs (they are as close to daughters as I could get). :)

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments WOW Tina 6 boys thats amazing!!!!

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Lol. They keep me busy, but I wouln't change it for anything. I really did want at least one girl..obviously I tried many times. Lol

message 7: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments i have 1 girl then 3 boys. girls are more challenging emotionally and boys are more challenging physically. Either way, its hard work LOL

message 8: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments WOW 1 boy and im crazy, i do want more kids though hehehehe.i want a big family

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments Been in Texas since around 1980, so I consider myself 'from' here even if I wasn't born here. But my two, sometimes beautiful angels, sometimes evil spawns of Satan boys were born here.

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments It gets easier when they are teenagers in a lot of ways. They get very competitive. Not as much wrestling and fighting. But then you have the girlfriends....another story altogether. Lol I honestly wouldve had more, but hubby put a red flag up for that. Lol

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments Well one is 12, on the cusp of teenage years. And the other just turned 4, *sigh*

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments It's gonna be a LONG time for #2 to get that old.

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Oh yeah, but hug him lots. I miss the snuggling.

message 14: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments My youngest is 15. Luckily he still thinks mom is cool and likes to hang out.

message 15: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments oh, your at the teenage stage already. I'm still in the younger stage. Still have one in diapers. lol my daughter is 9 and then the others are 7, 5 and 3. Yeah. Fun. Lots and lots of fun. Go ahead and ask David what my kitchen looks like right now. LOL No, I still haven't cleaned it. I need to go to bed soon. The mess will still be there tomorrow waiting for me. LOL

message 16: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments They are still messy as teens. The mess never seems to go away. :) Then you have football, orchestra, art shows and workouts... Most nights I am pooped out by 9 pm. Lol

message 17: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments See here it is a bit different. My family and I are orthodox Jews. Starting in high school the boys have a choice. They can go away and live in a dorm during the week and come home on weekends. If they do this, they usually pick a place close to home, less than an hour drive. Or go to a local high school and live at home. I want my boys home until after HS. But even if they live at home the hours are very long. They start at around 7:30 and end at around 10:30. With breaks for meals. But i'll have my girl. If she's not married by then. LOL

message 18: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments oh btw...i'm not saying they will not be messy. I'm sure my boys will continue that lovely habit well into their senior citizen days! LOL I'm just saying they will be around a lot less then.

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments That makes a difference. My 20 year old still lives at home. He seems to think maid services still apply. Lol I have enjoyed talking with you. I am sure we will chat again soon. Daylight is fast approaching, I need at least a couple of hours sleep. :)

message 20: by L (new)

L I come from the United Kingdom. My dream is to work in London one day, but i do enjoy living in the countryside & walk dogs and go horse riding. Xx :)

message 21: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) I've kinda been all over the place :) Born in Virginia USA, then drove to Montana when I was 10 with my family, then 6 months later we were off to Washington state, then 3 years later we spent 3 months traveling the east coast and Tasmania of Aussie, then moved to Alaska in the states, then 3 years later we moved here to South Australia and we've been here for 6 months already :D Oh and did I mention I'm the oldest of 6 and then I still have one other sister who lives with my biological mother. Talk about crazy, I have 4 younger brothers who have no clue what privacy is and a sister with whom I share a room (6 year age difference makes that hard) Lol

message 22: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 2 comments Well I was born in South Carolina but I've been in Louisiana since I was five so it's home. To all the ladies on here talking about their sons...I have one who is 26 and I hate to tell y'all this but they NEVER grow up! Of course my husband hasn't either so I don't know why my son should be any different. Just kidding really I love them both like crazy. I also have four dogs and one granddog.

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Nice to meet everyone!

I was born in North Tonawanda NY (Buffalo) but have lived all over Florida most of my life. Die Hard Buffalo Bills fan, Yankees, and NY Rangers. I guess you could say I am not your typical girl, lol.

I have two boys Demon spawn, Dominic is five. And Drew my angel otherwise known as "The Head" will be 14 in July. The only bitch in my house is Tiki (named after Tiki Barber, told ya we are sports nuts) and she is an 80 pound German shepard and my partner in crime.

I am an agent and publicist, own a couple companies with my best friend and hubby so I can usually always be found lurking around goodreads ;-)

I like South Florida ok but the people down there kinda suck, the heat will kill ya. Elementary school in Daytona, Titusville (Where Kennedy Space Center is)for Jr and Sr high. Which Happens to be where Alana was born *waves to Alana*. Then onto Orlando where I worked for the Mouse for a couple years.... then lets see.... oh West Palm Beach in South FL. hmmmm, next was back to the Ville as us Titusvillians call it. Ok .... then back to South Florida in Boca Raton. Then Back to the Space Coast in Melbourne. Now finally Tampa. *Deep Breath*

Moved over here about a year and half ago to be closer to his crazy Italian Yankee family (He is from New Jersey) you know the kind that like to think they are from New York. heehehehe

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 107 comments Dvora wrote: "See here it is a bit different. My family and I are orthodox Jews. Starting in high school the boys have a choice. They can go away and live in a dorm during the week and come home on weekends. If ..."

I am surprised you didn't like South Florida, it's allot easier on your religion down there! My best friend is hasidic, or pretty close to that, I forgot her exactly name for it. She lives in Boca. She also loved Atlanta, she said the even had a kosher deli in the Publix there.

message 25: by Allie (new)

Allie | 224 comments I live in Maine... always have... and am planning to leave this retched state as soon as I can... not because of my family I just hate it here.... anyway.. I've lived in this town (Old Town) for almost all my life but I also lived in Portland and Lewiston....

message 26: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (moosubi) | 14 comments I'm from San Francisco, CA, and I've lived here all my life (I'm only in high school though so I suppose that's not a very long time...)

message 27: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (brittneyrymer) the unfortunate Norfolk, VA

message 28: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett (killhailmary) | 5 comments Carson, CA :)

message 29: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Nicole wrote: "Dvora wrote: "See here it is a bit different. My family and I are orthodox Jews. Starting in high school the boys have a choice. They can go away and live in a dorm during the week and come home on..."

I hate the heat!! Anything over 75 is too much for me. LOL and the humidity was like death sitting on your doorstep every morning waiting for you when you needed to leave the house. I actually did live in Boca. That's where we were married. My husband lived there from the time he was 8 until we got married. I'm up north now where there is a kosher restaurant on every corner! LOL

In regards to your hubby being a wanna be New Yorker. I had lots of those friends in my teens. I would make fun of them. My first 2 kids were born in Israel. When I got pregnant the third time (true story) I didn't want my baby to be born in Jersey. I was trying to figure out how I could give birth in NY. I felt so bad for #3 &4 having to born in the swamp land. When I hooked up with some old school friends on FB, they all called me a trader because I moved to Joisey. LOL I'm so ashamed of myself!!!! LOLOLOL

message 30: by Kulber (new)

Kulber Norfolk, Virginia.

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I grew up in southern Georgia, and I've lived in Nashville, Tennessee for the past twelve years.

Julie(Reading By The Beach) (httpwwwgoodreadscomjulie_odron) | 2 comments I live in Santa Cruz, California (a beach town). Technically a city, but we all call it a town.

message 33: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (agoddessofliterature) I live just outside of Detroit, MI and have lived in this same general area for most of my life.

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Robertson Native central Floridian girl here :-) Though we are about to enter the hottest time of the year, and with the humidity, it can be a tad bit uncomfortable. Cranking up my A/C :-)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments Nicole wrote: "Nice to meet everyone!

I was born in North Tonawanda NY (Buffalo) but have lived all over Florida most of my life. Die Hard Buffalo Bills fan, Yankees, and NY Rangers. I guess you could say I am n..."

How funny Nicole- my hubby was born in Jersey, too. We have lots of similarities! And I have relatives from upstate New York (Utica and General Mills mostly)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments Rachael wrote: "I'm from San Francisco, CA, and I've lived here all my life (I'm only in high school though so I suppose that's not a very long time...)"

My sis is in your next of the woods- Oakland, I think

Julie(Reading By The Beach) (httpwwwgoodreadscomjulie_odron) | 2 comments Ally *Nerdy, Awkward, Amazing* wrote: "I live in Maine... always have... and am planning to leave this retched state as soon as I can... not because of my family I just hate it here.... anyway.. I've lived in this town (Old Town) for al..."

We're kinda city neighbors :) I live in Santa Cruz.

message 38: by L (new)

L I would love to go abroad one day and visit another country, as i have not been beyond the UK! :) x

message 39: by Maria (new)

Maria (mgo10) Hello everybody! I was born in Ecuador, stayed there for a few short years, some places in-between (Panama, Nicaragua, Florida), then finally, we settled in Utah. It was a good place to grow up, but I'm ready to move to a big city. I just have to decide which one.

message 40: by Mick C (new)

Mick C (mickc) Born and raised in Southeastern Michigan. Love my seasons!

message 41: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 119 comments From San Jose California but have been in Salt Lake for 1 year and waiting for the day to go back to Cali.

message 42: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 171 comments I was born in Sacramento, CA. I moved to Sequim, WA when I was 19, then moved to Port Angeles, WA when I got married. For reference, Port Angeles is about an hour away from Forks, WA(TWILIGHT). I have a 5yr old son(Ethan) and a 3yr old daughter(Emery). We are moving to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico in July and will be there for about a year. I look forward to the sunshine :D

message 43: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Bethany wrote: Port Angeles, WA when I got married. For reference, Port Angeles is about an hour away from Forks, WA(TWILIGHT).

Cool! Port Angeles is in the book too isn't it?

message 44: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie I'm from Australia :D

message 45: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Welcome everyone!!!

message 46: by Anne (new)

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments Hi all! I am in New Jersey but was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. I have 1 daughter who is just finishing 1st grade...looking forward to summer and no homework at night...also looking for reading suggestions for her if anyone has any ideas.

message 47: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Anne wrote: "Hi all! I am in New Jersey but was born and raised in Philadelphia, PA. I have 1 daughter who is just finishing 1st grade...looking forward to summer and no homework at night...also looking for rea..."

North Jersey here. Where are you?

message 48: by Anne (new)

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments Hi Dvora. I am further down....Cherry Hill area but I work up near Trenton. Where are you?

I saw your comments about the HS for your boys and it made think about growing up...our landlords were Hasidic and their boys went away to school...OK, now I am having flashbacks... LOL

message 49: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Anne wrote: "Hi Dvora. I am further down....Cherry Hill area but I work up near Trenton. Where are you?

I saw your comments about the HS for your boys and it made think about growing up...our landlords were Ha..."

LOL as long as the flashbacks are all good!! We are in Passaic. I think that is still far from us.

message 50: by Anne (new)

Anne (crazybakingmom) | 115 comments Yep...Fond childhood memories! You are pretty far up north. Do you like the area?

« previous 1 3