*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Series Discussion > Mistborn

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 387 comments Mod
Anyone who loves epic world-building fantasy of any type should try this series. It is brilliant. Have you read it or thought of reading it though?

message 2: by Laurel (new)

Laurel Brandon Sanderson is the author, I've read the first book and loved it but haven't got round to the rest yet!

message 3: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

All the books are great. A really interesting and unusual ending to the series also.

As Laurel said Brandon Sanderson is the author and if you like fantasy with unique magic systems then he is the man to check out. Mistborn is just one work with its metal based magic.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 11 comments I just finished Mistborn. It was a great book, I haven't started the others yet because I have so many other books to read.

Very well written

message 5: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

The second and third novels are also excellent if you want to move on and read them Sarah. If you like his work Brandon Sanderson I have found is one of the best fantasy writers at creating other worlds.

message 6: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Hi Jonathan isnt it Brandon who is finishing the wheel of time series?

message 7: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Yes that was my introduction to his work. A friend recommended I get into the Wheel of Time which I did. I liked Sanderson's work so much I went and tried Elantris, Mistborn and his most recent epic series The Way of Kings. All of which I rate five stars personally. I have Warbreaker and the fourth Mistborn to read currently.

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments I keep meaning to read some but not got there yet.

message 9: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

When you have time I recommend them. I personally rate him among the best living epic fantasy writers.

message 10: by Jack (new)

Jack (wineontheveldt) I just finished the Mistborn trilogy a few days ago. It's definitely a builder. I read Way of Kings first, and that book was so amazing that I sort of jaded myself, but I agree that Sanderson is one of the best fantasy writer producing stuff right now.

message 11: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

I went from his work on The Wheel of Time to Mistborn then to Way of Kings and his other work. Way of Kings is probably my favourite book I've read all year.