Urban Fantasy series' discussion

General > What book series do you own?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Im obbsessed with buying book series... i currently own hunger games, twilight saga, sookie stackhouse, tomorrow when the war began (tomorrow series), harry potter and claire de lune :) i need a new series to start buying LOL what do u own and what do u suggest?? :)

message 2: by Nicky (new)

Nicky | 68 comments I get a bit manic when I discover a new seris here are a few I own/recommend- Downside ghosts, dresden & vampire files, dark hunter, kate daniels & october day novels-

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Katie wrote: "Im obbsessed with buying book series... i currently own hunger games, twilight saga, sookie stackhouse, tomorrow when the war began (tomorrow series), harry potter and claire de lune :) i need a ne..."

Thanks ill have to check those out :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love a series. I like knowing there is still more story to go ahead of me! Some of my favourites are (although not all UF or YA):
1. The Mortal Instruments
2. The Night Angel Trilogy (does a trilogy count as a series? Probably not I suppose... still, they are GREAT books!)
3. The Abhorsen Chronicles
4. The Gemma Doyle Trilogy (yep another trilogy, but again, still really good!)
5. The Black Magician Trilogy - although this is a three book run, Trudi Canavan has since released a prequel and a sequel so I don't suppose trilogy quite applies anymore. It's a really good read. Like REALLY good!!!

I hear the Belgariad series is amazing, it is 5 books long. I have it, but I haven't read it just yet.

:)

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Katie wrote: "Katie wrote: "Im obbsessed with buying book series... i currently own hunger games, twilight saga, sookie stackhouse, tomorrow when the war began (tomorrow series), harry potter and claire de lune ..."
Trilogy's are good too LOL im borrowing mortal instruments from my library atm, i cant find it in the shops so if i like it ill buy it online :)
i own sookie stackhouse but i havent read it yet but ive watched it LOL my favourite series is women of the other world by kelley armstrong :) i just bought some of the books online :)

message 6: by Nicky (new)

Nicky | 68 comments Night Angel was a great trilogy- also, I would like to mention the Night Huntress series & Laurell k.'s Meredith Gentry series. lol I'll quit now or go on naming forever-

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I've heard a lot of good things about Kelley Armstrong's books and I am thinking I might need to go and check them out! I do feel a bit werewolf/vampired out, but so many people seem to like them that I am worried I am missing out!

message 8: by Shawnda (new)

Shawnda | 3 comments I currently own the twilight series, House of nights series, Kelly Armstrong, Paticia Briggs and so many more I love series....

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) Amanda wrote: "I've heard a lot of good things about Kelley Armstrong's books and I am thinking I might need to go and check them out! I do feel a bit werewolf/vampired out, but so many people seem to like them t..."

Kelley Armstrong's books are amazing :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

So I just wikipedia'ed her and there are quite a few options! Which series would you suggest I start with/which is the best?

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) women of the other world... once you've read those there are novellas you can read and other books that tie into the series but u dont have to read them. eg the book men of the otherworld is a book made up of short stories that used to be on her website, they are all from the mens perspective. Its a must read in my option (such a good book) :) each both in the women series focus's on a different main female character.. the females vary from werewolf, witch, half demon, necromancer to a witch who is half-demon and has sorcerer blood. :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ooooo that sounds interesting. Okey dokey, will do. Thanks for the advice :)

message 13: by Mirely (new)

Mirely (rumor_has_it) I think I own many series in E-book format and have a to buy list going for physical books.

Harry Potter Series (Lost the entire series in a flood.)
Covenant Series
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Series
Lord of the Underworld
Wicked Lovely
Outlander

I'm sure there are many more!

message 14: by Noreen (new)

Noreen I own the Fever Series and Highlander series both by Karen Moning, the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, Sookie Stackhouse, Harry Potter, Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs, I could go on and on, but any of these would be great to read if you haven't.

message 15: by Ela (last edited Jun 10, 2012 11:11AM) (new)

Ela I have quite a few series from different genres, favourites are probably:
-Mercy Thompson(UF)
-Chaos Walking(YA/Distopian)
-Mortal Instruments(YA/Paranormal)
-His Dark Materials(fantasy/YA)
-Kitty Norville(UF-but I don't own all of them)
-Skulduggery Pleasant(YA/UF/Humour)
-Harry Potter <3
-Hunger Games
I'll stop now....:)

message 16: by K. (new)

K. | 95 comments The Fever and Highlander series, Harry Potter, Twilight, Hunger Games, Kate Daniels, Edge Series (also by Ilona Andrews), Alpha series (Patricia Briggs), Graceling series (goes with Fire and Bitterblue), Sookie Stackhouse series, Anita Blake, Meredith Gentry

message 17: by Anna (last edited May 30, 2012 04:56PM) (new)

Anna I'm quite fussy about which UF/PR I buy. I have lots of singles I was given for free, but the only ones I have gone on to buy are Karen Chance - Dory and Cassie Palmer, and both Patricia Briggs. I would buy Anita Blake but there are too many! so I might buy a couple of my favourites.

I've bought (and read) a lot of the YA series for my kids the best being: Chaos Walking, Hunger GAmes, His Dark Materials Mortal Instruments, Kitty Norville

message 18: by Enlforever91 (new)

Enlforever91 | 4 comments ummm lets see:
The Hunger Games triology
Harry Potter series
Fever Series
Highlander Series
Sookie Stackhouse series
Twilight Series

Not UF-
Skye O'Malley Saga - sorry not UF but hey I still own it lol - My favorite!)
Mallory Family Series - Johanna Lyndsey
Fifty Shades series

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry...

message 19: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) wow I have lots of the series already listed. My favs that I haven't seen listed are..
Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series and Meredith Gentry series (fey) both by Laurell K. Hamilton
Crimson Moon series (werewolves) byL.A. Banks
House of Night series by P.C. and Kristine Cast This one is young adult and I read it along with my daughter. It was a fun bonding experience.
Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter

message 20: by Anna (last edited May 30, 2012 04:59PM) (new)

Anna @Tala: interesting to see how similar Marked is to the Black Daggar Brotherhood - though I wouldn't read the latter to your daughter!

I forgot to add Way of Shadows etc Brent Weeks and Mike Care's Felix Castor novels. Forgot that that men wrote books too lol! sorry boys!

message 21: by Scarlet (new)

Scarlet (extraordinarygirl86) | 4 comments Way too many.

1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
2. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
3. Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead
4. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
5. Chicagoland Vampire by Chloe Neill
6. Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
7. Shadow Falls by C.C. Hunter
8. The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
9. Elemental Assassin by Jennifer Estep
10. Existence Trilogy by Abbi Glines
11. Crimson Trilogy by J.A. Saare
12. The Big Bad Wolf by Heather Killough-Walden
13. House of Comarre by Kristen Painter
14. Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons
15. Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian
16. Fifty Shades by E.L. James

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment.

message 22: by Tala (new)

Tala   (tala2) Anna wrote: "@Tala: interesting to see how similar Marked is to the Black Daggar Brotherhood - though I wouldn't read the latter to your daughter!

I forgot to add Way of Shadows etc Brent Weeks and Mike Care'..."

She's 15yrs old. I've mainly started letting her read what she wants. So far no real interest in the more adult books. But then again she tells me everything anyway. High School today scares me.

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie (ieishanalani) HAHA WOW thats a lot of series guys :) i think im deff gonna give mercy thompson, fever and kate daniels a go for now cos many of you have those listed and i also want vampire academy :) thanks for all your help i just love a new series :) :)

Dragonflydreamer68 | 10 comments Katie wrote: "HAHA WOW thats a lot of series guys :) i think im deff gonna give mercy thompson, fever and kate daniels a go for now cos many of you have those listed and i also want vampire academy :) thanks for..."

you cant go wrong with the fever and mercy thompson series, i spent all last summer reading them and they were awesome reads.

message 25: by Kylie (new)

Kylie (skpettit) | 4 comments I own all the Sookie books, Harry Potter and Twilight. I have also read all the Tomorrow series books and all of Kim Harrison's Night Huntress!

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Fritzen | 6 comments Well... I've got
Psy/ Changeling series - Nalini Singh (FAV)
Guild Hunter series - Nalini Singh
Dark hunter series - Sherrilyn Kenyon
House of nights - P.C. Kristen Cast
The Vampire Acadcemy - Richelle Mead
Blue Bloods - Melissa de la Crus
Sookie Stackhouse - Charlaine Harris
Cassie Palmer series - Karen Chance
Dorina Basarab series - Karen Chance
Georgina Kincaid Series - Richelle Mead
Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
Black Dagger Brotherhood - J.R. Ward
Evermore - Alyson Noël
Night Huntress - Jeaniene Frost
Fever - Karen Marie Moning and a few more I can't remember right now!=)

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan | 7 comments I own so many. Some of my faves are:

The Hollows by Kim Harrison
The Makers Song by Adrian Phoenix
The October Daye series by Seanan McGuire
Dreg City by Kelley Meding
Jane True by Nicole Peeler

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 8 comments I have read so many and have heaps as ebooks, but i'd have to say,
The fever series, highlander series, kate daniel series, elemental assassin series, Night huntress series are probably my favourite at the moment. I also liked the infernal devices series and the strange angel series as YA books :)

message 29: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_kennedy) | 19 comments Tons.

Midnight Breed ~ Lara Adrian
Black Dagger Brotherhood ~ J.R. Ward
Kate Daniels Novels ~ Ilona Andrews
Immortals After Dark series ~ Kresley Cole
Elemental Assassin series ~ Jennifer Estep
Dark Hunters/Dream Hunters ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
The League series ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
Vampires in America series ~ D.B. Reynolds
Chicagoland Vampire series ~ Chloe Neill
Demonica series ~ Larrisa Ione
Mythos Academy series ~ Jennifer Estep
Night Huntress series ~ Jeaniene Frost
The Fever series ~ Karen Marie Moning
Twilight Saga ~ Stephenie Meyer
The Kings series ~ Heather Killough-Walden
The Hollows ~ Kim Harrison
The Drake Chronicles ~ Alyxandra Harvey
Dark Protectors series ~ Rebecca Zanetti
The Dream-Walker series ~ Tory Michaels
Highlander series ~ Karen Marie Moning
Dark Carpathians ~ Christine Feehan
Cheshire Red series ~ Cherie Priest
Charley Davidson/Grave series ~ Darynda Jones

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) I own Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy, Ann Aguirre's Sirantha Jax series (the first four of them, anyway), the Lord of the Rings trilogy + The Hobbit, and nearly all of L. Frank Baum's Oz series.

message 31: by TWiser (new)

TWiser Kim Harrison- the Hollows(Rachel Morgan)
Jeaneine Frost- Night Huntress
Jaye Wells- Sabina Kane
Chloe Neill- Chicagoland Vampires & Dark Elite
Jocelynn Drake- Nightwalker
Vicki Pettersson- Signs of the Zodiac

Jean ~ Kindle Queen (jkat9) | 34 comments Amanda wrote: "I love a series. I like knowing there is still more story to go ahead of me! Some of my favourites are (although not all UF or YA):
1. The Mortal Instruments
2. The Night Angel Trilogy (does a tril..."

I'm a little late discovering this thread. Since I love all of your choices, I'm going to check out A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba Bray . You should try Mistborn The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson , especially since you like Brent Weeks too.

message 33: by Danniella (new)

Danniella Duff (danniellaalisaduff) | 2 comments To be honest so many that I can't even keep up anymore. But I love finding new books to read

message 34: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fables | 7 comments i need a new series to start buying LOL what do u own and what do u suggest?? :)

Well, I recommend the Downside Ghost series, the Chronicles of Elantra series and The Hollows (Kim Harrison) for starters.

Right now, I am making my way through the Iron Druid Chronicles (think The Dresden series, but with more Fae).

message 35: by Bob (new)

Bob | 21 comments MY TOP TEN BY AUTHOR:
Dresden Files by Butcher, Alex Verus by Jacka, Twenty Palaces by Connolly, Peter Grant series by Aaronovitch, Rogue Mage and Jane Yellowrock by Faith Hunter, The Walker Papers by C.E.Murphy,Spider Assassin series by Jennifer Estep, Sunwalker Series by Shea MacLeod, Lawson Series by Jon Merz, Alex Craft novels by Kalayna Price and the EPIC FANTASY Wise Man's Fear and the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss!

message 36: by Adria (new)

Adria | 48 comments The Dresden Files
Sookie Stackhouse
Twilight
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Wicked Years
The Sevenwaters Saga