tbr-reading-challenge discussion

Current > Huma's reading list 2009

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments I like the idea of this group.My List till june 2009 would be:
1) The twilight series
2) The Eragon trilogy
Okay, this makes it 7, but chances are I would complete the twilight series in January.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand The Twilight series is very easy to read so I'm sure you'll have no problems with them. They can look rather chunky but the language makes them reasonably fast reads - especially if, like me, you get hooked and don't want to stop reading! I've only read the first two books but I'm guessing that the last two are just the same.

I've never read the Eragon series, although my 12-year-old brother really likes them. He took ages to read the first as he found the language too wordy. But...he is 12 after all!

Good luck with you challenge :)

message 3: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments Rachel wrote: "The Twilight series is very easy to read so I'm sure you'll have no problems with them. They can look rather chunky but the language makes them reasonably fast reads - especially if, like me, you g..."
Thank you!
I have asked my cousin to bring his copy of Twilight when he comes back home. He's coming on Friday, so hoping to starts Twilight soon.

message 4: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments I started Eragon. Read about 50 pages, it has become interesting, but I'm not yet hooked to it.

message 5: by Mads (new)

Mads (gwaihir) I found that Eragon was difficult to get into, and I was hooked...perhaps half-way through it. Good luck. :)

message 6: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments Thanks Anne.
Well read Twilight on 10th January. It was very mauch readable, but I hope the story gets better in the 2nd book.
I'm hooked to Eragon now...!

message 7: by Rachel (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:44AM) (new)

Rachel Brand Uh-oh. The story does not get better in New Moon. Other people might have a different opinion from me but I found it very weak. Bella whines a lot and is pretty insecure. Think Mia from The Princess Diaries.

message 8: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments Eragon read...I began loving it when I was half way through, just started with Eldest.

message 9: by Huma (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:22AM) (new)

Huma | 9 comments Read New Moon and Eclipse.
Liked New Moon better than Twilight, even though Edward's not there for most of the book!
Eclipse was alright, it took the story forward.
Currently reading Midnight Sun from Meyer's site. Its different to know Bella from Edward's point of view, I wonder if I'll like her better after reading it. I just hope Meyer completes this book some day.
Looking for someone now who owns a copy of Breaking Dawn....its too expensive for me to buy right now.

message 10: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments A friend finally bought Breaking Dawn, finished it last week. Good book. though we agreed that a bit of action towards the end of book would not have harmed it.
Completed Midnight Sun....best book of the series...its a pity Meyer abondoned it.

message 11: by Huma (new)

Huma | 9 comments Finished both Eldest and Brisingr. Brisingr was good....I believe more fast-paced than the 1st 2.
Completed my goal with almost 4 months to spare!
Must think of a new list now...