Relaxing Fun discussion

book discussions > Twilight

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessicaafrank) | 257 comments Mod
Why is this so popular? I admit I haven't read the series and have no plans to do so, since this is not my genre. So, those of you who have read it--can you tell me about it and change my mind?
jess

message 2: by Yui (last edited Jan 04, 2009 11:52AM) (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) it's about a girl named Bella who goes to a new school and meets this "gorgeous" guy named Edward Cullen. Later, she finds out that he's a vampire.then they fall in love. it's a novel-and also about love(though i don't read love stories that much) it's kind of interesting to most people. People say that it has wrong information about vampires, since they sleep in coffins during the day, not go to school, but i don't really care. if you ask me, it's not that bad. but i've only read twilight. so if you don't care about the not-so-true information about vampires, you should read it.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessicaafrank) | 257 comments Mod
Yui, Have you read the entire series? jess

message 4: by Yui (new)

Yui (ilovegrendel) no, i've only read twilight, but i'm gonna get the second book on wednesday!

message 5: by C. (new)

C. (placematsgalore) Manny's review of Twilight makes some interesting points. Also, I found this link to a truly excellent article about it from someone else's review:

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200812...

message 6: by Dallas (new)

Dallas | 79 comments Mod
I have only read "Twilight". Since I'm not a teenage girl, I wasn't captivated by it. However, it is an easy read and gives me a book to discuss with my nieces. I might read another one.

message 7: by Just (new)

Just Yui, Vampires are not real, so it is up to one's imagination on the "facts" I think.
I also do not read love stories...they depress me because most men are never that romantic and sweet. I loved these books for the fantisy part. I love books that force you to use your imagination and create a whole new world. Same reason why I loved Harry Potter.
However, I did find myself wrapped right up into the love story part. Depressing...lol.