Writer's Paradise discussion

Writer of the Month > Tink's Loft of Passionate Daydreaming- Get Your Head In The Clouds

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,687 (1687 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

message 1: by Paige (last edited Jan 03, 2009 03:09PM) (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Okay, I joined Jan. 3rd, today, so here's my entry for today. My goal is at least 100 words a day.

Jan. 3= 128 words. YAY!
Story= Him

(I know this is Adrienne's story, but she gave it to me to work on, so yeah.)

message 2: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 727 comments Mod
Sounds awesome!!! Is the challenge fun so far?

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments yeah I'm liking it. I need a muse... this will help!

message 4: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin wait, adrienne gave you her story? whoa...

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments yeah she was stuck on it and asked me if I wanted it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

i had a writers block and i wasnt going to write it anymore and then paige asked for more and i told her she could have it cuz i didnt want it. maybe we could call it a joint story.

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments That's cool with me. I wrote another chapter... do you want to read it? Maybe you could do the next one or something.

message 8: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

Kenzie | 1305 comments Mod
Oooh! Joint story! Fun!

Hey, Roni. Whatever happened to our joint story? Did it die?

message 9: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

It never even got off the ground. I think I wrote a page, didn't even finish the chapter, and didn't send it to you to write chapter 2. Quite a shame. I made a whole family tree!

Want to try a different joint story? (reply in a PM--we don't want to flood this topic. :P)

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments This topic is actually about.... MY WRITING!!! Jk jk it's fine. :D

message 11: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

sorry, sorry. I was answering a question. At least I'm not dominating the topic with it.

Anyhow, how goes your writing?

message 12: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments hola paige

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Hello Toli! My writing is going great, Roni. This group is really helping me avoid procrastination!

I actually have an update about my writing for today.

Day 2 ( Jan. 4th, 2009)
Word Count: 133 (so far)
Story: Listener (my new novel)
Goal: Achieved

message 14: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) | 1367 comments GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments THANKS!!! I'M TRYING!!!!!

message 16: by Paige (last edited Jan 19, 2009 09:54AM) (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Correction! I have typed... *drum roll*....

WC: 227 words!!! yay me!!!
Story: Listener
Goal: SO ACHIEVED!

message 17: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Cool! I like it! Very neat idea! I'm looking forward to more... =D

message 18: by Breezy (new)

Breezy | 116 comments Pretty unique...I've never heard of this idea before! Just a suggestion; it's good for people to get to know your character, but all of this is a bit much. It's called info dumping, and it's fine for a first draft, but try to spread it throughout your story instead of "dumping" it right off. I can already tell you have a great writing voice, so keep it up Paige!

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments thanks for the advice... I always struggle with that. I just want my readers to understand my characters as well as I do, so I tend to overload a bit! :D

Anyway...

Day 3 (Jan. 5th, 2009)
WC: 207
Goal: ACHIEVED!!!

message 20: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

I'm sorry, Paige. ☺

message 21: by Kenzie, Help feed the hungry. Donate to 30 Hour Famine! (new)

YAY! Keep up the good work!

message 22: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Thanks! :D

Jan. 6, 2009
Okay, I had total block today, so I'm going to try to write a random 100 words. Okay... GO!

I crouched down below the bush, and held my breath... waiting...waiting... waiting for a sign.

CRACK! A twig snapped behind a tree about 3 yards away. So that's where they were hiding.

I pulled my loaded bow out of my quiver, aimed... SNAP! I let it fly!

2 seconds later... THUNK! The arrow snapped into the tree.

"Hey!" shouted Steven, as he popped up from behind a bush. He thoroughly annoyed, and, I was glad to see, frightened. He knew I could've hit him if I wanted too.

"What?" I shouted back. "You shouldn't have snapped the twig! It's not my fault you were spying again!"

Okay, that was 106 words... yay me!

message 23: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments i feel like an utter failure for not writing anything the last 2 days, but i did work on my costa rica report

message 24: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 3382 comments Mod
Hey Paige,

Writing is writing...even if it was a report, it gets your creative writing juices flowing :]

message 25: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Thanks! Okay, here's the news, peeps.

I haven't written anything non-school since the 6th, *sigh* but in my defense, I did write WAY WAY WAY over, (this was just on the computer)

1948 words!!!!!! APPLAUSE, PLEASE!!! THAT'S ABOUT 324 WORDS A DAY!!! WOO HOO!!!!

message 26: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

*Claps hands at your success*

Bravo!!!! :]

1948 was a very good year...and a fantastic word count!

message 27: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

Don't worry, Paige. I didn't write yesterday, and I haven't been able to write much lately that was non-school anyhow because this week has been CRAZY with homework! But hopefully after tomorrow things will settle back down.

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Thanks for the support. :D I love you guys. :D

message 29: by Paige (last edited Jan 15, 2009 09:21PM) (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments 1/13/08
WC-237
Goal- ACHIEVED!
Story- Nameless????

Prologue
I am a seashell. Beautiful on the outside, gorgeous. But on the inside? Empty, so empty.
I am emotionless. I have no feelings. I’m pretty. And that’s all there is out here for me.
My world is different than other worlds. It doesn’t matter what’s on the inside here. No one cares.
Except me.
Ch1.
I ride my hoverboard down the street, ignoring the wolf whistles from those idiots. Sure, I’m gorgeous. But who cares?
You know the answer to that, Gwen. Everyone cares. Everyone.
I wonder what makes me different from everyone else. My brain must be hardwired differently, because everyone else cares about beauty. Even my parents have never, ever, ever, cared about anything but looks.
Truly, everything here revolves around your rating on the “hot” scale here. 1-10. I am, of course, a 15. For reals. That’s my rating. They have polls on it every week. That’s how crazy this world is.
So, being a 15, I am the prettiest girl in the world, even if I don’t want to be. I’m not bragging, it’s true. Besides, even if I could give it up, my parents wouldn’t let me.
We have the nicest home, excuse me mansion, in the world. Because everything here is based on your rating.
Without me, they would have an average house. Mom’s a 7, Dad’s a 5. But because of me, the Legrants are famous.
How wonderful is that?

message 30: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments Oooh, I like it!

Kinda reminds me of Pretties by Scott Westerfeld...

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments i know... *sigh* I wrote it and then thought that... *sigh*

message 32: by Just Plain Ray (new)

Just Plain Ray (Ray_of_Sunshine) | 2557 comments It still sounds original, though ^.^

message 33: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments thanks...

message 34: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Yeah, I like it too! I've never read Pretties, so I can't compare.

message 35: by Veronica, Bigfoot makes an excellent character (new)

I haven't read anything by scott westerfield, so I can't compare either. It sounds AWESOME though!!!

message 36: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Thanks! It was one of those ideas that come to you at 3 in the morning while trying to sleep.
Date: 1/14/09-15/09
wc: 357
Goal: Achieved!

message 37: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (last edited Jan 16, 2009 05:14AM) (new)

Beautifully written (no pun intended).

message 38: by Seth (new)

Seth (ninjaaaaaofwritingbooks) | 464 comments It does sound like the uglies series, because of the hoverboard and Pretty ppl, but it was good! and roni, scott rocks so read stuff by him!

message 39: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments thanks, Dee. Yeah, the problem with the hoverboard is, I want it to sound futuristic, you know? That was all i could think of to make it obvious.

The plot line is going to be different, though. And of course, there's no surgery. They're all born pretty. Or not. In some cases.

Roni, you SHOULD read Scott, he's awesome. Put it on your to read list!

Speaking of which... I started The Lightning Thief! I bullied my pyscho Lit teacher into letting us read it for Lit Circles!!! YAY!!! I'm on.. pg... like 45 or something. Idk. I ACCIDENTALY LEFT IT AT SCHOOL!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments I'm going to go write now. I must... must write.... GAHHH!!!!

*kicks my own butt off Goodreads*

GOODB-

(monotone voice) this call has ended. please insert 75 cents for 15 minutes.

-----------------

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

lolz

message 42: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments glad you apprectiate watching me suffer, Cali.

I wrote! I did! I added 184 words to Nameless!!! WHO HOOO!!!!

Date:
WC: 184
Total for this story: 421
Goal: ACHIEVED!!! YA BABY!!!!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

message 44: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments thanks! I feel way better now.

message 45: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

Paige,

I recall you saying that you didn't have a nickname?

Well be careful what you wish for {insert evil grin here}...You remind me of Tinker Bell (you remember Peter Pan?). So, I dub you Tink :]

Not to be confused with Stink...cause you don't do that :)

But...Tink...because you flutter around spreading good thoughts and leaving fairy dust everywhere.

message 46: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments Kewl! I love Tink! She's my favorite. :D That's awesome, Dee. I luv ya!!!!

message 47: by Dee, Fan of the "Young Prose Society" (new)

:]

message 48: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller | 4362 comments You rock, :D

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

lol Tink does fit u huh?

message 50: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (caladhiel) | 1020 comments Yeah, you are like Tink. LOL!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 33 34