Harry Potter discussion

Games > Q. and A.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 222 (222 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What does albus dumbledore see when he looks in the mirror of eresed? P.s. what he said he saw.

message 2: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:01PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments he sees himself with more socks.

what will ron buy if he has lots of gold?

message 3: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments his own quidditch team

message 4: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) He probably lied to Harry so he didn't have to tell Harry what he really desired. Which brings up this question. What did dumbledore desperately desire? The mirror of erised show what you truly desperately desire.

message 5: by Taylor S (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments Well, you know, Dumbledore was really a very quirky person. He could have really meant it when he said that he saw himself with a pair of woolen socks. I don't think that he's every lied to Harry. He's kept stuff from him, sure, but never lied.

message 6: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Kenzie What happened to the questions?

message 7: by Veronica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) They disappeared in somebody's musings, but they have just now rooted themselves into my keyboard.

When Harry asks Umbridge how many times he has to write, "I must not tell lies," what does she say?

message 8: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Tess | 134 comments Until the message sinks in...or something like that.

Why does Harry get his broomstick taken in the 5th book?

message 9: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments it was dolores' punishment to him. she was taking everything that would make harry happy.

how did harry and ron get in the secret chamber?

**i agree w/ taylor that dumbledore didn't lie to harry. it may be that he is already contented w/ what he has and sees that in the mirror except at that particular time he was cold and may want sock for xmas. ^_^

message 10: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Harry Speaks parcel tounge in the girls bathroom which transforms the sinks into a tunnel big enough for the basilisk to roam throuh.

Who wins the tournament in the 4th movie?

message 11: by Brooke (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Brooke | 7 comments Hedwig died in number 6.

What did harry say about the unbeatable wand notbeing snapes?

message 12: by Taylor S (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments I thought Hedwig died in number 7.

message 13: by Tracey (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Tracey you're right, Taylor...Hedwig was the first casualty of Deathly Hallows, during the time when the multiple-Harry's left the Dursley's.

message 14: by Nikki (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Nikki Boisture Sorry to get away from the questions again...I think Dumbledore saw himself with the Deathly Hallows in the mirror of Erised.

Now...what was that last question again?

message 15: by Zoab (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Zoab Kapoor No he probably saw himself and Gellert Grindelwald being married (that's probably something he'd keep from Harry). Still hard to believe he's gay.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

I think that in the mirror Dumbledore saw his life as it would have existed at that moment had his sister not died, family not been destroyed, etc. Basically, he saw himself as though the things that truly caused deep heartache and emotional scarring had not happened.

Question: What is the ONLY point in the entire series where we are able to find out what calendar year it is?

message 17: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments this post is getting to be complicated! lol! going back to the question of the elder wand not being snape's.... isn't that supposed to be snape's? i mean, that's why dumbledore asked snape to kill him so the wand could be his therefore, voldemort could not really use it assuming voldemort would get the wand in dumbledore's coffin. that's the way it went, right?

how did harry hail the knight bus in the third book?

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

He sticks his wand hand out which, in this case, happened when he was backing away from The Grim (Sirius) after leaving the Dursley's, tripped, and fell over backwards into the street.

But you didn't answer my question.

What is the ONLY point in the entire series where we are able to find out what calendar year it is?

message 19: by Jenna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 16 comments When we saw the gravestone of Harry's parents... Harry was born in the 90's right?

What one of the twins does Ron take to the Yule Ball Parvati or Padma?

message 20: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Ok, so in Year 2 at Hogwarts Harry is invited to Nearly Headless Nick's deathday party. The original date of Nick's death was October 31, 1492. Therefore, Year 2 begins in 1992, meaning Year 1 began in 1991 (when Harry was 11). This means that Harry was born in 1980 and would be 27 today.

If the gravestones of Harry's parents say something different, JK Rowling might have made a mistake!

Oh, and I don't remember dates on the Potters' gravestones. I might have been wrong about that whole "ONLY place in the entire series" nonsense...

message 21: by Jenna (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Jenna (jentobox) | 16 comments You're right Julie. I just looked in my book Lily and James died on December 31, 1981. It's on pg.328 of the Deathly Hallows. Ha ha I'm a nerd.

message 22: by Kenzie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Kenzie Padma Patil

What does Romilda give to Harry?

message 23: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Tess | 134 comments just a question from above...why does everyone die on halloween??

answer the question above from McKenzie

message 24: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments a love potion? can't remember. i'm still in book 3 after revisiting every book again. and i noticed that jk gave hints of dumbledore's quaintness in every book. like in book 1 during xmas dinner, dumbledore replaced his "pointed wizard's hat for a flowered bonnet". and in book 2 when harry first saw dumbledore's office it was full of "spindly" stuffs. we all probable just passed it as dumbledore's queerness but never thought that he was really "queer". wonder what i'll find out in the other books though...

how did harry free dobby?

message 25: by Adam (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Adam | 13 comments He left his sock in Tom Riddle's Diary so when L. Malfoy gave it to him he was free'd by default.

*QUESTION* How many classes did Hermonie have in "Harry Potter and the Prisnor of Azkaban"?

message 26: by Shifa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:13PM) (new)

Shifa Lateef | 27 comments All of the classes that Harry had exept she had more than him. So they both had the same classes (well she left Divination so that ones out), exept Hermione had alot more extras. Are you asking for a number?

What month was hermione born and is she older than Harry and Ron?

message 27: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments hermione's birthday is september so that makes her younger than harry whose birthday is july and ron who has the same birthday as me, march 01. ^_^

in relation to adam's question, i'm reading book 3 now and ron complained about hermione's class schedule which has 3 subjects in an hour:
9:00 Divination
9:00 Muggle Studies
9:00 Arithmancy

so that makes her classes triple compared to harry & ron's.

Why are dementors always after harry (like in the train lupin already said sirius was not there but the dementor still stayed and in the quidditch game they went after harry)?

message 28: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie because he has horrors in his past that the other students could only dream of

How did Winky get a hold of Harry's wand?

message 29: by Sanskriti (new)

Sanskriti barty crouch junior got hold of harry wand first..
when winky was struggling with crouch-junior during the chaos part of the quidditch world cup, the wand fell and as he was under the invisibility cloak, stunned by the stunning spells, winky appeared to have harry's wand..

what did dumbledore leave for ron in his will?

message 30: by Rainy (new)

Rainy he leaf ron the deluminator

******QUESTION, WHAT DID FRED SAY TO PERCY WHEN PERCY SAW EVERYONE?**************

*****HINT ANSWER IS IN THE 7TH BOOK IN CHAPTER 30

message 31: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Something about being a "brainless git" I believe, or maybe a moron, it was some insult or other. And then percy agreed with him. LOL

Who had their first kiss(as far as we know of) first? Ron, Harry, or Hermione?

message 32: by Faye (new)

Faye M It's alluded that Hermione kissed Krum in book 4. But the first one we read about is Harry and Cho in book 5. Ron doesn't snog until book 6!

What "curse" does Hermione throw at Ron after he and Lavender burst into the room where she and Harry are talking?

message 33: by Taylor S (new)

Taylor S | 118 comments I can't remember what the actual words were, but about a dozen canaries shot out of Hermione's wand and stared attacking Ron.

What did the acne on Cho's friend's face spell out when she snitched about the DA to Umbridge?

message 34: by tabitha (new)

tabitha farrar (tabi08) | 25 comments SNEAK

what did harry name one of his sons in the seventh book

message 35: by Sanskriti (new)

Sanskriti albus severus...........

Q.: how is a 'basilisk' born?

message 36: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments you put the egg of a chicken under a frog. i beleive... cmiiw (correct me if i'm wrong)

what are the special properties of a phoenix's tears?

message 37: by Prajit (new)

Prajit (pram) | 167 comments it revives u or somethin like that

message 38: by Maya (new)

Maya (numerounochewylover) | 270 comments question?
plz?
:'(

message 39: by Prajit (new)

Prajit (pram) | 167 comments ok... um... what is the dragon harry fought in the 4th (i dont kno if this is repeated.. too lazy to check)

message 40: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) | 5 comments Hungarian Horntail

What is the name of Dumbledores dead sister?

message 41: by Novin, whose favortie character is Sirius Black. (new)

Novin | 575 comments Mod
Ariana.
describe the weasleys' clock.

message 42: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments it has a hand for each family member, and around the face of the clock is, 'traveling' 'home' 'mortal danger' etc. the hands point to what condition each family member is in...
i remember in the 7 book they all pointed towards mortal danger.

who owned the ice cream parlor in diagon alley?

message 43: by Aneri (new)

Aneri | 186 comments Florean Fortescue?? I think??

How did Hermione suspect that Lupin was a werewolf even before the incident in the Shrieking Shack?

message 44: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 641 comments she started getting suspicious when snape gave that homework about werewolves when he was a sub for lupin, and then she found out that all of his mysterious "illnesses" lined up with the full moon.

in book seven, harry took the polyjuice potion and became a black bearded man. What was this man's name??

message 45: by Aneri (new)

Aneri | 186 comments Something ( i think it started with A) RUncorn

What did harry do to open the snitch in the 7th book??

message 46: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Albert Runcorn

Where did Snape live?

message 47: by Albert (new)

Albert (Chok) | 9 comments Spinner's End

Who is Reg Cattermole's wife?

message 48: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
Mary Elizabeth Cattermole

Who are the three Cattermole children?

message 49: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments let's see, maisy... umm...

message 50: by Gunjari (new)

Gunjari (irajnug) | 732 comments darn i can't remember any of the other ones. T.T

« previous 1 3 4 5