Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

The Book of Lost Things
This topic is about The Book of Lost Things
The Book of Lost Things > Initial Thoughs-Book of Lost Things

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie | 2686 comments Mod
Now that you have started The Book of Lost Things what do you think???

No spoilers please!

Rachel | 6 comments I read this book a while ago and I really loved it. I like fresh takes on classic stories.

message 3: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

So far I like the writing. I love how detailed it is.. reminds me of how Stephen King writes.

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I am about 80 pages in. I like how it portrays David's grief.

Tara I read this one a while back and did enjoy it. I like his writing and the story drew me in.

Kasia (Kasia_S) | 6 comments I finished it last weekend and it’s one of the best books I have ever read. Extremely colorful in creativity and imagination even though some of the fairy tales have been around for a while, now I want to read everything Connolly penned, just stunning really.

Mark (markmckeejr) Thank you to Kasia for letting me know about this group and this book! I just reached the halfway point and dang it's good! I agree with Tatiana, the portrayal of David's grief was stunning. Leads me to believe Connolly has experienced this kind of loss personally.

Grace (gdaminato) | 520 comments I just started the book and I really like the way it merges reality with fantasy. It's also a very refreshing change from the books we've read recently in this group.

message 9: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I just love love the title! I can't wait to see what it means by the time I get to the end of the book.

I agree Grace. I am glad we are reading this... nice change from the book club picks lately.

Kendall (KendallBVH) | 5 comments I'm about 2/3 of the way through, and this book is already making me think and discuss with friends. I had no idea what it was about going into it, and so the beginning was a bit slow for me, but now it has really picked up and is surprising me with the twists on classic fairy tales - some more than a little bit creepy! Thanks for selecting this book for us to read, I wouldn't have discovered it otherwise.

Oscar | 51 comments I am about a quarter into the book and so far I am really enjoying it. What really got my attention so far is how the prose gets you right into the mind of the writer as well as how quickly it creates suspense about what is going to happen.

message 12: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oscar wrote: "I am about a quarter into the book and so far I am really enjoying it. What really got my attention so far is how the prose gets you right into the mind of the writer as well as how quickly it crea..."

The prose is great!!

unread topics | mark unread