What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED: Discontented kid attempts suicide [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Brian Godsey (briangodsey) | 2 comments The book whose name I seek is about a high-school age kid who had attempted suicide, but now is living out the summer before college, I believe. He had a brother (the "good" one) who died a couple of years back, and he feels bad or responsible about it. In the book, the kid goes on a date with a girl that he likes, and there's something particular about the girl, as in maybe she's always happy, or she's covering something up. Anyway, I read the book a few years ago, forgot the name, and then saw the movie on TV randomly, and then forgot the name again. I can't find anything by using Google, either. Thanks!

message 2: by Cassiel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:57PM) (new)

Cassiel It sounds like Ordinary People by Judith Guest.

message 3: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 104 comments Sounds like Chinese Handcuffs by Chris Crutcher.

message 4: by Brian (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Brian Godsey (briangodsey) | 2 comments Awesome!! It was definitely "Ordinary People" by Judith Guest. And to think that you got it in less than two hours, and I hadn't checked back until now. Thanks!

message 5: by Cassiel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Cassiel You're welcome!