Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Prince discussion

What to read after i loved ID and TMI

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sabrina I have finished reading Clockwork Prince and I am obsessed more than I was with tmi but I love that too so what books should I read if I loved the Infernal Devices?

message 2: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee hmm the ID&TMI books are amazing and I dont really know too many that are like these, but other novels I really love are
Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore & Fire (The Seven Kingdoms, #2) by Kristin Cashore
Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood, #1) by Juliet Marillier
and..
Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2) by Andrea Cremer

Sara I liked The Curse Workers by Holly Black, Delerium & Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. Divergent by Veronica Roth

message 4: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Schramm I really enjoyed Divergent, Die For Me by Amy Plum. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. All I've recently read and absolutely LOVE.

Kristen Read, The Girl in The Steel Corset, By Kady Cross. If you loved ID you'll love these. :)

esthermarie Totally agree with Fire and Graceling! Also, have you read Divergent? If not, you should.

Valerie Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

Epicalness!

message 9: by ★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ (last edited Mar 02, 2012 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis Across the Universe - Beth Revis
Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink Prophecy of the Sisters - Michelle Zink
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth Divergent - Veronica Roth

Samantha The Escapist I didn't like it as much but Tithe, Valient and Iron...something, er the third one anyway. Also by Holly Black.

Black and Clare are buds, they sometimes give nods to each other in their books. White Cat (Curseworkers by Black) has a mention of a character that looks like one of Clare's and in the first TMI when Clary and Jace are in the carriage on the way to the Silent City they see some homeless kids sitting in a park or something, one has a lot of piercings. Those characters are the ones from Valient by Black.

Once again I didn't like them nearly as much but they're set in a similar universe that the authors kinda pretend is the same one.

Similar to TMI is The Demon Trapper's daughter, little better too in my opinion. And similar to TID is Girl in the Steel Corset (also a little better imo lol)

Fire and Graceling are by far my favourite YA books to ever come out, definitely worth a read.

Alexandra Well, I know that this book got me started on a lot of the classics mentioned in the novel. They aren't, of course, anything like this book, but they're worthwhile reads. A Tale of Two Cities is great (as is Great Expectations though that isn't mentioned in the book) both by Charles Dickens.

Sabrina haha thanks everyone I have read most of these books I guess I know how to pick them I have read diveregnt, shiver, die for me, and legend it looks like I have to read fire and graceling and the girl in the steel corset (heard of it) those r the ones most popular I will definitly check them out thanks!! any more suggestions?

Samantha The Escapist Sabrina wrote: "haha thanks everyone I have read most of these books I guess I know how to pick them I have read diveregnt, shiver, die for me, and legend it looks like I have to read fire and graceling and the gi..."

Good choice! I just want to push the Demon Trappers Daughter again though, it's very good, especially after TMI. Also I see no one actually really said the Hunger Games yet which is odd. HG blows most YA out of the water (excited Graceling and Fire IMO)

Jeanie Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Lainie Taylor is full of twists and great storytelling.
Tales of the Otori: Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn is a suprisingly compelling story set in feudal Japan involving teens, swords, and magic--awsome. Like Memoirs of a Geisha, at first I thought I wouldn't be interested in the setting, but boy was I wrong since I loved them both.
For something from the classical vein, Anthony Trollope's The Small House at Allington, a part of the Barchester Chronicles, is a bittersweet Victorian version of YA romance and I enjoyed all the books in the loosely related series.

message 15: by Elyse (new)

Elyse Schramm Samantha wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "haha thanks everyone I have read most of these books I guess I know how to pick them I have read diveregnt, shiver, die for me, and legend it looks like I have to read fire and grac..."

I think I don't bother recommending The Hunger Games to anyone because I assume if you love YA books then you've already read them! But of course, everyone should absolutely read them!

message 16: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Mar 07, 2012 07:42PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Samantha The Escapist Elyse wrote: "I think I don't bother recommending The Hunger Games to anyone because I assume if you love YA books then you've already read them! But of course, everyone should absolutely read them! "

Same here! Probably the case for everyone on the list really, but just in case this person didn't get them yet I figured it needed to be said at least once :P

Likewise when I look for recommendations in YA I make sure to say something like "aside from the Hunger Games" at the end of the post :P