☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Post the quotes you love here!!! :)

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I love this one:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift of God. That is why it is called the present." :)

message 3: by aStriD_maRie (last edited Mar 02, 2012 10:21AM) (new)

aStriD_maRie (iichi_yukishirou) | 84 comments “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.”

:D

message 4: by heather (new)

heather (12weddlehstudentsbcsck12inus) | 14 comments I AGREE 100% THAT SHOULD BE EVERYONES MOTO FOR LIFE WHAT DO U THINK!

message 5: by heather (new)

heather (12weddlehstudentsbcsck12inus) | 14 comments ♪$คгคђ♪™ wrote: "Post the quotes you love here!!! :)"

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah "Do what you want and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
:)

message 7: by heather (new)

heather (12weddlehstudentsbcsck12inus) | 14 comments “I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.” ! LOL YEP THATS ME!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah So right. :)

message 10: by cαssιe ♥ (new)

cαssιe ♥ | 526 comments I know this isn't one that I love but it's just funny (well to me it is xD) "It's a beautiful day, now watch some idiot screw it up" :P (not sure it's a quote though I just got it off my iPhone)

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Lol :D I love this one: "Homework hurts trees."

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah "Imagine a mirror that showed you your personality. Would you dare look?"

message 13: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Sam Keen- "Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly."
Music is the voice of the soul.
Love is patient, love is kind, love is slowly losing your mind. - Kevin from 100 dresses (so true)

message 14: by JazzyCat (new)

JazzyCat (dayandnightgirl) Oh and "I'm not short, I'm fun-sized!"

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "I'll chop off my own foot!"
"If you're going to chop anyone's foot, can it be Lightwood," From Clockwork Prince

message 16: by Sadeem (new)

Sadeem (saddy_blue) | 70 comments "Do what you feel in your heart is right, for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't" Eleanor Roosevelt.

message 17: by Amandine (new)

Amandine (eeyore94) " worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength" ralph waldo emerson

message 18: by Joshua (new)

Joshua (remymarin) | 40 comments 'You should read more books. You know, those things that look like blocks, but come open on one side.'
Not sure who said it, but it's funny!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"The less you reveal the more people can wonder" Emma Watson

and “I didn’t know what to do for my project so I brought in a paper cup filled with dirt just hoping that she’d know I’m an idiot and just walk right on past me just as long as I was holding something.

“What do you have there, Brian?”

“It’s a cup of dirt. Just put an ‘F’ on it there and let me go home.”

“Well, explain it.”

“Well, it’s a cup with dirt in it. I call it ‘Cup of Dirt.’ You should move on now. Just go ahead and move on. Head on down the line there.” Brian Regan. That's just a funny one (:

message 20: by Joshua (last edited Jun 04, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Joshua (remymarin) | 40 comments LOL Kyle!
Especially the grandfather one.

message 21: by yael (new)

yael "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."

Benjamin Mee

message 22: by єɱɱą (last edited Jul 13, 2012 05:09PM) (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 226 comments who said that one?

"Crictor was a helpful snake." -Toni Ungerer, "Crictor"

Patrick: "i'm mad."
Spongebob: "why are you mad, patrick?"
Patrick: "I can't see my forehead."

(these are just random quotes i happen to have written on my arm right now. i have an entire notebook devoted to quotes, though! i have... 470? 475? something like that!)

message 23: by yael (new)

yael benjamin mee I wrote it at the bottom

message 24: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 226 comments ah, nice. :)

"Weather forecast for tonight: dark."
George Carlin

message 25: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 226 comments Oh, and 2 of my all time favorite quotes:

"a word is dead wheen it is said, some say. i say it just begins to live that day."
-Emily Dickensen

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. "
-Dr Seuss

βεℓℓα のαωη "To be is to do." - Socrates.

"To do is to be." - Sartre.

"Do be do be do." - Sinatra.

βεℓℓα のαωη "The black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."

βεℓℓα のαωη "If I were tiny I would sleep on a marshmellow".

"They say that money cannot buy happiness. But money can buy ice cream, and that's close enough."

message 29: by Pimmy (new)

Pimmy ♪ $คгคђ ♪ ™ wrote: "Lol :D I love this one: "Homework hurts trees.""

RIGHT! RIGHT! RIGHT!
Totally agreed! :)

message 30: by Pimmy (new)

Pimmy I love this quote,

I will love the light for it shows me the way. Yet, I will endure the darkness for it shows me the star. [Mandino]

Everything will pass, don' t give up.:)

message 31: by Billie Jo (new)

Billie Jo (jojolov333) “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Hahahahaha

message 32: by Billie Jo (new)

Billie Jo (jojolov333) “The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.”
― Lily Tomlin

LOL

message 33: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) ❤ℭℓαîяℯ❤ wrote: ""Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes.""

XD

message 34: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) "Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon."

"We could've died - or WORSE, expelled."... "She NEEDS to sort out her priorities."

message 35: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Then there's the one I invented based on "the emotional range of a teaspoon":
"WELL, what if I'm a particularly emotional teaspoon?"

message 36: by Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) (last edited Aug 01, 2012 12:17PM) (new)

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 47 comments "The best way to walk into a nightmare is with a smile."

- Kaza Kingsley (author of Erec Rex)

message 37: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Yeah, but how do you walk out?

Althea *Go wolves and dragons!*(Coach Hedge) Inigo (eiyah_fantasyfreak) | 47 comments Pirl{a חame that sסuחds like spring} wrote: ""Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon."

"We could've died - or WORSE, expelled."... "She NEEDS to sort out her priorities.""

LOL

message 39: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Well, I do love those quotes for a reason.

message 40: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.
- Pastor Martin Niemöller

message 41: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Or:
In Germany they first came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me -
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

message 42: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) I am a Jew: Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is?
William Shakespeare

message 43: by Pirl (last edited Aug 02, 2012 03:47PM) (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) - Albert Einstein -

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research.

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible.

Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater.

Why is it nobody understands me and everybody likes me?

I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!

The hardest thing in the world to understand is income taxes.

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

Then I would have felt sorry for the dear Lord. The theory is correct.
(When asked by a student what he would have done if Sir Arthur Eddington's famous 1919 gravitational lensing experiment, which confirmed relativity, had instead disproved it.)

Even on the most solemn occasions I got away without wearing socks and hid that lack of civilisation in high boots.

If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music. ... I cannot tell if I would have done any creative work of importance in music, but I do know that I get most joy in life out of my violin.

This one I'm quoting because he's right:
I am a determinist. As such, I do not believe in free will. The Jews believe in free will. They believe that man shapes his own life. I reject that doctrine philosophically. In that respect I am not a Jew.

I have only two rules which I regard as principles of conduct. The first is: Have no rules. The second is: Be independent of the opinion of others.

-disputed-

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.

Fairy tales and more fairy tales. [in response to a mother who wanted her son to become a scientist and asked Einstein what reading material to give him]
Variant: "If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be very intelligent, read them more fairy tales."

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.

((there are more.))

message 44: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Dream and deed are not as different as many think. All the deeds of men are dreams at first, and become dreams in the end.
- Theodor Herzl

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."-Ewan Mcgregor from the movie Moulin Rouge

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."-Matthew Broderick Ferris Bueller's Day Off

message 46: by I. (new)

I.  (leavemylyricsalone) "How beautiful it is to remain silent when someone expects you to be enraged."

message 47: by I. (new)

I.  (leavemylyricsalone) "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all." - Disney quote, Mulan

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

I FIND THIS ONE FUNNY!

Characters: Thor and Loki.
Humor Quote: by Stan Lee.

Loki: What could I do with the power that flows in those veins?
Thor: It would cosume you.
Loki: She's(Jane Foster) holding up alright. For now.
Thor: She's(Jane Foster) stronger than the ways you know.
Loki: Say goodbye.
Thor: Not this day.

Loki: This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready. The only woman you prize will one day be snatch away from you.

Thor: And will that satisfy you?
Loki: Satisifaction isn't in my nature.
Thor: Surrunder isn't in mine.
Loki: Son of Odin.

Thor: No. Not just to Odin. You think you love Mother(Frigga). You had her tricks, but I had her trust.

Loki: Trust? Was that her(Frigga) last expression? Trust? That you let her die?
Thor: What help were you in your cell?
Loki: Who put me here? WHO PUT ME THERE!
Thor: You know (view spoiler) well! You know (view spoiler)well who!

Thor: She wouldn't want us to fight.
Loki: She wouldn't be shocked.
Thor: I wish I could trust you.
Loki: Trust My Rage.

message 49: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Time binds us to aging flesh." Don DeLillo

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." Jack Nicholson

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

"Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be." Elizabeth Gilbert

"Gossip is our snack food." Arthur Ashe

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says, "Oh No! She's up!" Joanne Clancy