Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) Rainshadow Road discussion

Live Video Chat with Lisa Kleypas

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown Join us on Tuesday, March 6 at 2pm ET/11 am PT for a live video chat with Lisa Kleypas. We'll be discussing her newest book Rainshadow Road, as well as her previous work and her life as a novelist. Join the discussion!

message 2: by Rita (new)

Rita Q. What inspires you for a story line.

Moon q What are the chances that we'll get a Joe Travis book?

Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf) Q. Your work has a great "film quality". If you were given the chance, which one of your novels would you like to see on screen and why?

message 5: by Ezmirelda (new)

Ezmirelda Q: Will you be writing more historical novels in the future? I think I've read just about all of them written by you because I love the characters you create!

message 6: by R.S.A. (new)

R.S.A. I find all your men to be interesting and intense. How do you manage to come up with such intriguing sexy men, and such strong female characters?

message 7: by R.S.A. (new)

R.S.A. I love your historicals. Will you be doing more books about the Hathaways? I would love to follow up on that family.

message 8: by R.S.A. (new)

R.S.A. Q: 8 minutes ago I love your historicals. Will you be doing more books about the Hathaways? I would love to follow up on that family.

Jaime West q Every character and story you write is different, how do ensure you never repeat yourself, and how do you stay true to each character and their own unique personalities that makes them different. q Do you ever find your own personality coming through or your own opinion ending up on the page. q Have you ever had a character make a decision that you might not have made yourself or approve of?

Jaime West q Will you ever let us read any deleted scenes from any of your books, if there are any? q I mean this as the greatest possible compliment, but can you write any faster? I need more of the Lisa Kleypas magic to read!!

message 11: by Gwen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwen I think a character's name should match their personality. Not only that, it should be easily pronounced. How do you decide on a name for your characters?

Kathy Q. Who do you like to read? What author can you not read enough of?

Sharon Redfern Do you find it hard to switch between Contemporary and Historical plots. Are you ever doing both at the same time?

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer q. What do you find to be the hardest part about writing a book from start to finish?

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily I loved those Travis boys. Will we being seeing any books added to your contemporary series?

message 16: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf) Q.The British Regency Era is the backdrop of most if not all your HRN. Any particular reason why you've chosen that period in history?

message 17: by Mina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf) Q. Are those gentle touches of magic you introduced in RR going to be featured in Dream Lake and Crystal Cove as well?

message 18: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Q.How did you ever have the time to write when you first started ? You had to go to college

message 19: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Q.you had just become Miss Massachusetts and competing in the Miss America pageant?

message 20: by Doreen (new)

Doreen I commend your dedication to your craft even then and more so now that you have grown into one of my favorite author and I thank you for all the tears and laughters then and toward your future works.

message 21: by Saloua (new)

Saloua Q.where do you find your inspiration ? and do why do you especially like to write harlequins ?

message 22: by Ishrat (new)

Ishrat Your novels have a picturesque quality to them.Specially the regency romances.I find that in no other writer.Whenever I get bored reading other romances I switch to your.They have a kind of reviving quality for me.

message 23: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Q- I think I remember seeing a preview for a movie [sequence?] for the Wallflower series- is this true?

message 24: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Q- What would your advice be for a [hopefully] up and coming romance author/ bookstore owner???

Leela Patrick wrote: "Join us on Tuesday, March 6 at 2pm ET/11 am PT for a live video chat with Lisa Kleypas. We'll be discussing her newest book Rainshadow Road, as well as her previous work and her life as a novelist...."

Looking forward to this :D

message 26: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa Contreras Q: I too would love to catch up with the Hathaways, Kev being my absolute favorite!! I would like to know which male character was your favorite to create? Female? Also who has been your favorite couple to manifest? I do hope your planning some, no matter how small, extra epilogue for the Hathaway family.. I felt like I really knew then when i was done with the series... I laughed, I cried, and i fell in love, thank you. :)

message 27: by Meli (new)

Meli Being from Seattle, I really enjoyed your descriptions of the San Juans and the NW for your new series. (I actually got married on the ferry boat that Mark and Maggie got married on!) I am wondering how you choose the locales you write about for the series. Are they just places that you've come to love since you've lived here?

Nina Reads Too I cant wait! :)

message 29: by Noah (new)

Noah Oanh I can't wait >"<

message 30: by Karen (new)

Karen Harvey q. Just started Rainshadow Road last night and couldn't put it down. Love the humour and banter. Was a little surprised at how quickly you had Sam out himself...was expecting a confrontation nearing the end but Lucy's early knowledge sends the story in a different direction. Being in my 50's, I really enjoy when a writer comes up with mature characters. Do you ever toss about story lines involving more seasoned relationships? You know, surviving mid-life crises...being left for the young secretary with your kids grown and gone...I know, pretty common, but with your talent, I'm sure you could swing a good tale.

Christine What are your thoughts on the direction of the romance genre and do you see yourself being able to evolve in the face an industry where readers are demanding more intense stories, more sensuality and more romance.

Christine I read you took a year-long hiatus. As a writer did you find that time off fulfilling and re-energizing?

message 33: by Sydney (new)

Sydney Will you be writing and more historical novels. My mother and I Loved reading them!!!!

Christine If you had to do or be something else OTHER THAN a writer, what would you do or be?

Lady Rutledge q I love most of your books! Both genres. Do you have any plan to write another romance genre? Paranormal maybe?

Lady Rutledge q Would you tell us, which celebrity do you mostly pick as your heroes in your books?

Christine Q what is your favorite comfort food to eat when you are writing?

Christine q will we ever see stories based on any children from your more popular characters? In particular the Travis family, the families from the Wallflower and Hathaway series?

Christine Q just wanted you to know that based solely on the strength of CEaFH. Last year my family and I visited San Juan Island. We spent a day at Fourth of July Beach, visited the Lavendar farm and cruised Main Street. One of the. Best travel tips I have ever had.

message 40: by Lindap (new)

Lindap I've only been reading romance novels for about 2 years now, and wanted to say that you were one of the first authors that I read. I was hooked instantly! No question...just a thank you for your stories!

message 41: by Sydney (new)

Sydney You are my Favorite author in the romance genre !!!! :)

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah I love your books. :)

message 43: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Kline Q It is one of my biggest goals to write and publish a novel - What do you think is the most challenging part of writing and creating a storyline and characters?

message 44: by Sydney (new)

Sydney out of all the books you have wrote do you have a favorite?

Elene Lopez Where do you get the inspiration that allows you to develop characters like Westcliff & St.Vincent who are both strong personalities but totally different?

Elene Lopez q Where do you get the inspiration that allows you to develop characters like Westcliff & St.Vincent who are both strong personalities but totally different?

message 47: by Kelli (new)

Kelli What is your number one piece of advice to aspiring authors?

message 48: by Kelli (new)

Kelli q What is your number one piece of advice to aspiring authors?

Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie* q Lisa, of all the wonderful heroes you've written, who would you say is your favourite hero?

message 50: by Terri (new)

Terri Q: What is your favourite character that you've created in your novels?

« previous 1