Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2012! > Connie F's 2012 challenge

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Connie (last edited Jun 01, 2012 09:26AM) (new)

Connie Faull | 611 comments 2) The 6th Target The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6) by James Patterson 3/9/12 *** entertaining

reread - The Hunger Games finished 4/9/12
reread - Catching Fire 4/17/12
reread - Mockingjay 4/23/12

3) The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy, #3) by Guillermo del Toro The Night Eternal*** 1/2 entertaining and much better than the 2nd book of this trilogy

OK so I am waaaaay behind on reading this year. I have decided that since I've been so burnt out for the last year and a half that instead of worrying about reading books fast in order to get in a certain number a year that I'd just read at the pace I want and enjoy the books and then whatever number I have at the end of the year is what I have.

message 3: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 611 comments Wow - it's been forever and a day since I've finished a book and updated. This is the worst reading slump ever, but it's been a rough year with my health issues and my sister was diagnosed with colon cancer.

4) No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden No Easy Day The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden by Mark Owen ****

I liked this book - the author was likeable and the writing flowed (which sometimes in military memoirs isn't always the case).

message 4: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 611 comments I think I may have a couple other books I read, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check my list on my computer at work. Either way - this year was a complete bust for me reading-wise. My sister was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in the fall of 2011 & I was hospitalized with liver problems in Jan. of this year & the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with my liver. I never was able to concentrat on reading the whole year. I'm hoping 2013 I'll get back to reading at least 50 books in the year!!!

message 5: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 611 comments 5) Fearless: The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him Fearless The Heroic Story of One Navy SEAL's Sacrifice in the Hunt for Osama Bin Laden and the Unwavering Devotion of the Woman Who Loved Him by Eric Blehm *

I like military books and books about special forces. this book was terribly boring. I'm all for people overcoming adversities and getting their lives together but I can't stand people getting a pass on things because they know someone. This guy was a serious drug addict but was not only allowed to join the Navy because a friend of his from high school's father was an Admiral - he was allowed in the SEALs and given a top secret clearance. I personally was not able to get a top secret clearance when I was in the A.F. because I had admitted to smoking pot in high school. This guy even relapsed while in the SEALs. I don't know if my judgment of his character is a fair assessment of this book - but the book was very boring and I struggled to get through it. Also - it's riddled with chrisitanity - which if you're religious - you may like that - but I'm not and so I don't really like books with religious undertones. (I should have looked into this book more on Amazon before I got it from my library and I would have seen it was listed as a Chrisian book with a Christian publisher.

Anyways - I don't really recommend this book - too boring (except the last chapter).

message 6: by Connie (new)

Connie Faull | 611 comments 6) Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) by Charlaine Harris Deadlocked ***

Typical Sookie Stackhouse book. Very quick read - I picked it up from the library yesterday morning and finished it this evening. If you like the other Sookie books - you'll enjoy this one.