A Discovery of Witches (All Souls, #1) A Discovery of Witches discussion

Getting back into biographies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Carol I like books like this and mysteries and good plain fiction. I want to read biographies again. I don't think I have since high school, and I haven't found one that interests me enough yet.

Would someone have any idea of where I should start? It does not have to be recent. I thought that if I asked those who like "my kind of book" that might help.

Thanks!

Peggy You might want to consider Wedlock The True Story of the Disastrous Marriage and Remarkable Divorce of Mary Eleanor Bowes, Countess of Strathmore Truth can be stranger than fiction, and Wendy Moore writes the Countess' story in prose worthy of a novel. Oh, and Queen Elizabeth is her direct descendant. A great read.

Carol Peggy wrote: "You might want to consider Wedlock The True Story of the Disastrous Marriage and Remarkable Divorce of Mary Eleanor Bowes, Countess of Strathmore Truth can be stranger than fiction, ..."

Sounds great. Thanks!

message 4: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Mar 07, 2012 03:16PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Carol wrote: "I like books like this and mysteries and good plain fiction. I want to read biographies again. I don't think I have since high school, and I haven't found one that interests me enough yet.

Woul..."

These are some good biographies.Mostly historical.

Marie Antoinette The Journey by Antonia Fraser Geisha A Life by Mineko Iwasaki Love and Louis XIV The Women in the Life of the Sun King by Antonia Fraser Once I Was a Princess by Jacqueline Pascarl-Gillespie Six Wives The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey Secrets of the Geisha by Kiharu Nakamura

Carol Thank you. I like historical fiction. So I should like historical non-fiction! Thanks so much for taking the time to make suggestions.