Potpourri Picks discussion

Literary Talk > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (puddingduck) | 22 comments Mod
Got a book you can't put down right now? Or one that's not what you hoped it to be but you're forcing yourself to finish? Share it here so we can join in your literary joy or pain.

message 2: by Adriana (last edited Feb 27, 2012 05:03PM) (new)

Adriana I'm reading a bunch of books:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley The Traveling Restaurant Jasper's Voyage in Three Parts by Barbara Else We the Animals by Justin Torres
Loving Miss Peregrine! Better than I expected. :D

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (werewings) | 4 comments Mod
Adriana wrote: "I'm reading a bunch of books:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom RiggsNorth of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley[bookcover:The Traveling Restaurant: Jasper's Voyage in Three Part..."

Miss Peregrine is one of my favorites!

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Just finished it and really liked it! I just wish (view spoiler)

message 5: by Adriana (last edited Mar 02, 2012 03:45PM) (new)

Adriana Finished North of Beautiful and We the Animals. North of Beautiful was pretty long and pretty good. We The Animals was messed up. Reading: Paranormalcy and Out of the Pocket

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Wow. Paranormalcy was amazing! Second page and I knew it was a 5 star book. Out of the Pocket was good too. Wanted a little more from it.
Reading:
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis kind of iffy about it because it's about aliens but hopefully that will change once I get into it.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Adriana wrote: "Wow. Paranormalcy was amazing! Second page and I knew it was a 5 star book. Out of the Pocket was good too. Wanted a little more from it.
Reading:
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis kind of ..."

I'm just upset that Across the Universe isn't about the musical movie...

message 8: by Maryam (new)

Maryam (speedingcars) | 3 comments I recently finished reading The Pinhoe Egg by Diana Wynne Jones, which I didn't find as interesting as the other books in the series, but it was still good. Pretty much anything by her is wonderful.

message 9: by Gretchen (last edited Mar 09, 2012 11:21AM) (new)

Gretchen (gretchasketcha) | 4 comments Adriana wrote: "Wow. Paranormalcy was amazing! Second page and I knew it was a 5 star book. Out of the Pocket was good too. Wanted a little more from it.
Reading:
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis kind of ..."

I LOVE Across the Universe! Such a great book, the sequel is fantastic too.

I'm currently reading:
Brisingr (Inheritance, #3) by Christopher Paolini A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

and re-reading for class:
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

message 10: by Leah (new)

Leah (leahx09) Adriana wrote: "I'm reading a bunch of books:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom RiggsNorth of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley[bookcover:The Traveling Restaurant: Jasper's Voyage in Three Part..."

I really liked Miss Peregrine!

I'm reading Anna and the French Kiss. Haha, it's so cheesy but I've been reading a lot of books with more depth lately, so I needed to switch it up for a bit. As soon as I finish this, I'm started The Scorch Trials. It's the second book in The Maze Runner series.

message 11: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Catherine wrote: "Adriana wrote: "Wow. Paranormalcy was amazing! Second page and I knew it was a 5 star book. Out of the Pocket was good too. Wanted a little more from it.
Reading:
[bookcover:Across the Universe|8..."

Oh I loved that movie. It was really long though. There were some instances where I liked there version better than the Beatles.

message 12: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I didn't know there was a sequel to Across the Universe already!

The Scorch Trials is amazing. The last book was good but I didn't really like it as much as the others.

Reading:
Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick Everyone was right about it. It does kind of suck.

message 13: by Catherine (new)

Adriana wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Adriana wrote: "Wow. Paranormalcy was amazing! Second page and I knew it was a 5 star book. Out of the Pocket was good too. Wanted a little more from it..."

I know what you mean. The main character's voice is amazing.

message 14: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gretchasketcha) | 4 comments Adriana wrote: "I didn't know there was a sequel to Across the Universe already!

The Scorch Trials is amazing. The last book was good but I didn't really like it as much as the others.

Reading:
[bookcover:Cresc..."

Yeah, it came on in January! Ew I read hush hush and absolutely hated it, I would never go on with the series!

message 15: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I read Hush, Hush and liked it but then the second book was horrible... I might just go on with it to see what happens... I might not...