THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > TOS: similar to Smashwords or not?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ágata (new)

Ágata Simões (dunyazade) | 2 comments I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I have a question regarding publishing here (ebook format). Does Goodreads have a policy similar to the one now enforced by smashwords? I mean: if a book contains rape, bestiality or incest it may not be published here? I ask because I can't find that anywhere - so I don't know. I was thinking on putting my book here (sell it here) but maybe I can't. I just want to know before, if I can.

Thank you.

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments Ágata wrote: "I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I have a question regarding publishing here (ebook format). Does Goodreads have a policy similar to the one now enforced by smashwords? I mean..."

We don't have such a policy. It's my understanding that Smashwords really doesn't either, but that it is forced to comply with PayPal's terms of service, and that PayPal has those restrictions. We don't accept PayPal as payment, so we are not subject to those terms. Hope that clarifies.

message 3: by Ágata (new)

Ágata Simões (dunyazade) | 2 comments Yes it does. Thank you!!!!!!!

message 4: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Marvello (drmarvello) | 48 comments We have to hope Mark Coker is successful in his battle against censorship Terms of Service.

PayPal claims that the reason for *their* policy is because of the financial institutions. If that is true, we could see censorship policies trickling down to ALL forms of payment processing.