THE Group for Authors! discussion

Great News Town (A Jordan Daily News Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Great News Town
General Discussion > Q&A Group

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Merrell (suemerrell) | 4 comments I created a Q&A group several days ago in hopes of promoting an upcoming free day for the Kindle version of my book, but I can't figure out how to get the group listed someplace so people can find it. I've invited a few friends, but so far I'm the only member. How can I get the group going?

message 2: by Belinda (last edited Feb 26, 2012 07:00PM) (new)

Belinda Buchanan | 26 comments Hi Sue,

You can send an invite to your friends on GR to join your group. You can also post the link on twitter and facebook and a website if you have one.

Also if the other groups you are a member of allow posting for promotion you can put it on there as well.

I hope this helps.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Merrell (suemerrell) | 4 comments Thanks Belinda. I tried sending invites to my GR friends and posted links on facebook and my website, but what I am looking for is #4 in the list on the GR site discussing Q&A groups:

"Goodreads will feature the group in the groups and authors sections of the site. Also, once a few people have joined the group, it will have the chance to spread virally and naturally though the Goodreads community."

How do I get my group listed in the groups and authors sections?

message 4: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Buchanan | 26 comments Maybe you can send a message to Patrick Brown. He's one of the admins on GR and is top notch.

http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/17...

message 5: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Walker (Ekko_Johnny) | 17 comments Hey guys, Does anyone know how to access their Goodreads ID? I know it's got to be here somewhere, probably right under my nose, but I've been digging the site for a while and can't seem to find it.

Big thanks

jw

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Merrell (suemerrell) | 4 comments Thanks again, Belinda. I'll try that link.

message 7: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Buchanan | 26 comments Johnny wrote: "Hey guys, Does anyone know how to access their Goodreads ID? I know it's got to be here somewhere, probably right under my nose, but I've been digging the site for a while and can't seem to find it..."

Hi Johnny,
Can you be a little more specific on what you mean? Are you looking for your url to your author page?

message 8: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Walker (Ekko_Johnny) | 17 comments Hi Belinda, thanks for the reply.

No, I'm looking for the actual ID #. I've seen it on listings for other authors. It's like an 8 or 9 digit number, much like the amazon code. Maybe it's an account #.

I'm still looking around.

again, thanks.

jw

message 9: by Belinda (last edited Feb 29, 2012 12:44PM) (new)

Belinda Buchanan | 26 comments Johnny wrote: "Hi Belinda, thanks for the reply.

No, I'm looking for the actual ID #. I've seen it on listings for other authors. It's like an 8 or 9 digit number, much like the amazon code. Maybe it's an accou..."

Hi Johnny,

When I clicked on your name in the above post, this was included in the url at the top of the page:
user_id=5077140-johnny-walker