What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA ghost story set in remote manor/farm with creek

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alison (new)

Alison (alisoncallaway) | 3 comments I honestly don't remember much about this book, just that I loved it when I was in middle school. It had a female main character that was mainly alone in the book, but there were ghosts, I think the ghosts might have been children too... She had a room in a remote house that was large, but spent time at a creek/forest spot by her house where most of the creepy scenes happened.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

message 2: by Ls (new)

Ls | 11 comments This reminds me of "Wait till Helen Comes" I don't remember the author

message 3: by HeavyReader (new)

HeavyReader | 450 comments The author of Wait Till Helen Comes: A Ghost Story is Mary Downing Hahn.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26...

message 5: by Cornelia (new)

Cornelia Shields | 51 comments Well, the main character is a boy, but there are the Green Knowe books by L. M. Boston.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I sent a PM off. If no reply soon, this can be moved down to Abandoned.

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison (alisoncallaway) | 3 comments I think it might be Wait Till Helen Comes!!! I've been looking for that book for so long! I'm going to start reading it and then I'll know for sure, but it sounds right. Thanks so much everyone!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Alison wrote: "I think it might be Wait Till Helen Comes!!! I've been looking for that book for so long! I'm going to start reading it and then I'll know for sure, but it sounds right. Thanks so much everyone!"

So was it "Wait Till Helen Comes"?

(Alison was actively as recently as October 2018.)

message 9: by Cornelia (new)

Cornelia Shields | 51 comments Sorry I didn't suggest "A Sound of Crying" by Rodie Sudbery, but in that case the other children were mostly the girl's relatives with only one ghost girl, and one-way communication through dreams, not two-way contact.

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16953 comments Wait Till Helen Comes for the clickable link.