Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)
This topic is about Chase in Shadow
New releases > Chase in Shadow by Amy Lane

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dreamspinner (new)

Dreamspinner Press (dreamspinnerpress) | 2637 comments Mod
Chase in Shadow by Amy Lane

Can Chase let go of the shadows of his past in order to accept the love Tommy offers? Chase in Shadow by Amy Lane, available from Dreamspinner Press.

Chase Summers: Golden boy. Beautiful girlfriend, good friends, and a promising future.

Nobody knows the real Chase.

Chase Summers has a razor blade to his wrist and the smell of his lover’s goodbye clinging to his skin. He has a door in his heart so frightening he’d rather die than open it, and the lies he’s used to block it shut are thinning with every forbidden touch. Chase has spent his entire life unraveling, and his decision to set his sexuality free in secret has only torn his mind apart faster.

Chase has one chance for true love and salvation. He may have met Tommy Halloran in the world of gay-for-pay—where the number of lovers doesn’t matter as long as the come-shot’s good—but if he wants the healing that Tommy’s love has to offer, he’ll need the courage to leave the shadows for the sunlight. That may be too much to ask from a man who’s spent his entire life hiding his true self. Chase knows all too well that the only things thriving in a heart’s darkness are the bitter personal demons that love to watch us bleed.

Buy in eBook
Buy in print
Genre: Contemporary
Length: Novel

Stephanie | 7 comments How did I not know this was coming out? Just spotted it on Amazon's top ten in G/L. Bought it for my Kindle and absolutely cannot wait to get started on it!

Susinok Exciting! I got it and can't wait to read it. Soon as my current read is done.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Woot! Hope you guys enjoy it!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to read this! Congrats on the release.

Stephanie | 7 comments Stayed up until two am reading this. Well worth the lack of sleep. Definitely an intense read. Grabbed me by the throat at the prologue and never let go. I'll post a more complete review later but just have to say this book was excellent.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Stephanie wrote: "Stayed up until two am reading this. Well worth the lack of sleep. Definitely an intense read. Grabbed me by the throat at the prologue and never let go. I'll post a more complete review later but ..."

Awesome. I"m just so glad you loved it!

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Dany wrote: "I can't wait to read this! Congrats on the release."

Thank you! Enjoy!

Melissa (dynamors) | 1 comments I just started reading and I have a feeling I'm not going to get anything done for the rest of the day. Can't put it down :)

message 10: by T.A. (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.A. Webb (wwwgoodreadscomtawebb) | 15 comments Such a fine fine book

Ellis Carrington | 5 comments I sobbed copiously like a little kid. ;-)

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Thanks guys-- I'm so glad you loved it, and so sorry it made you cry.

Ellis Carrington | 5 comments It was in the good way. ;-)

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments :-). Better then:-)

message 15: by L'marie (last edited Feb 28, 2012 06:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

L'marie | 2 comments I'll be reading this book over the weekend. *note to self - Buy kleenex and wine from CostCo before reading* Thanks, Amy:}

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments L'marie wrote: "I'll be reading this book over the weekend. *note to self - Buy kleenex and wine from CostCo before reading* Thanks, Amy:}"

Any time! I think Kleenex owes me stock option, but I'm always happy to make that rec!

message 17: by Andi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andi (AndiReads) | 12 comments I just read Chase in Shadow (everything else gets back burnered when a new Amy Lane is released) and I'm speechless. I want to write a review when I've had some time to process, but suffice it to say I was stunned and impressed. I loved every step of this intense and heartwrenching journey with Chase and Tommy.

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments I'm so glad you loved it, Andi! (And I look forward to your review!)

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments I hope you enjoy it!

Connie (Connie__Reads) | 12 comments I had to take a break aftr finishing with Chase in Shadow, my poor heart couldn´t take any more pain. Amazing as always, hearbreeaking as usual. Buy tissues and make sure you have chocolate handy... you are going to need them.

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Connie wrote: "I had to take a break aftr finishing with Chase in Shadow, my poor heart couldn´t take any more pain. Amazing as always, hearbreeaking as usual. Buy tissues and make sure you have chocolate handy....."

Sorry about that! I swear, I have some happy coming out between this one and the next heartbreaker!

Susinok Super Sock Man was a happy! That one was fun, too. I liked the expanded version.

message 23: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary (marycalmes) | 208 comments Susinok wrote: "Super Sock Man was a happy! That one was fun, too. I liked the expanded version."

It was nice to see how SSM fit in with Chase too wasn't it? I enjoyed it in the old version and even more with the expanded one. :)

Susinok I need to send Amy some sock yarn. I'm a knitter and a yarn dyer, hehe.

message 25: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Ooooh... One of my prized possessions us sock yarn someone dyed for me in the colors of their favorite characters. I love it so much I refuse to knit it! I just look in my yarn box and pet it every now and then.

Susinok Amy wrote: "Ooooh... One of my prized possessions us sock yarn someone dyed for me in the colors of their favorite characters. I love it so much I refuse to knit it! I just look in my yarn box and pet it eve..."

Souvenir yarn. Totally understandable.

message 27: by Amy (new)

Amy Lane (amymaclane) | 111 comments Susinok wrote: "Amy wrote: "Ooooh... One of my prized possessions us sock yarn someone dyed for me in the colors of their favorite characters. I love it so much I refuse to knit it! I just look in my yarn box an..."

See? Knitters know...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chase in Shadow (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Amy Lane (other topics)