Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > I joined Making Connections - What do I do now?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited Jan 18, 2014 10:51AM) (new)

Sheri | 6243 comments Mod
Hello and welcome to the Making Connections group! From all of the moderators we would like to say thank you for joining our group.

This group started with the idea of bringing authors, bloggers, publishers, and reviewers together in one place for the purpose of starting new connections to help out the newly published and self-published authors. This group is full of books up for review, book tours, giveaways, interviews…you name it we have it, and if we don't let one of the mods know, and we will add it!

The first thing we recommend all newcomers do is to head over and introduce yourself on the WELCOME PAGE.

READERS/REVIEWERS:
We have over 100 books up for review at any given time through Authors Requesting Reviews (ARR). You can find more information on ARR HERE.

We also have a few authors looking for beta readers. You can find more information about that HERE.

Don't forget to check out the GIVEAWAYS while you're here!

BLOGGERS:

AUTHORS:
Join our AUTHOR'S CORNER and tell us about you and your writing.

If you are looking for reviews, check out the ARR PROGRAM and sign up your book(s).

If you have questions or are looking from advice from fellow authors, check out the AUTHOR'S HELP SECTION

PROFESSIONALS
If you provide a book-related service, advertise in the PROFESSIONAL SERVICES section.

If you have any QUESTIONS OR SUGGESTIONS, don't be shy! We are constantly looking for ways to improve this group.

One last thing…Join MAKING CONNECTIONS - YA EDITION group for the Making Connections we all love in a YA edition and MAKING CONNECTIONS - NA EDITION group for the Making Connections we all love in a NA edition!

Thank you from the mods of Making Connections,
Tana, Sheri, Alana, Midu, Shannon, Feifei, Brianna, Amy

message 2: by Hock (new)

Hock Tjoa (hockgtjoa) | 50 comments Hi Mods--

None of the links worked for me. What am I doing wrong?

message 3: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited May 24, 2012 09:02AM) (new)

We've changed some things around and some of the links were broken...All fixed :)

message 4: by Hock (new)

Hock Tjoa (hockgtjoa) | 50 comments Hm. Are you aware that the links in your emails (to me) lead to a "survey" site promising all kinds of goodies?

message 5: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

The links all work fine for me. Are you on a computer or a phone? I know that none of the Goodreads links work from iPods in particular...

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystallanda) Now that I've joined, can someone tell me where I go from here or how I go about using the site?

Thanks in advance.

-Crystal Landa

message 7: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14665 comments Mod
Hi Crystal

there are tons of things you can do here, look through all the ARR Books they all need to be reviewed. SO if you find something that interest you sign your name and email address. If your an autthor check out the authors thread. Havea look around and if you need any thing answered just send me an email on goodreads.

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystallanda) Tana wrote: "Hi Crystal

there are tons of things you can do here, look through all the ARR Books they all need to be reviewed. SO if you find something that interest you sign your name and email address. If y..."

Thanks so much! I will play around with everything.
Much appreciated!

-Crystal Landa

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Daniels (NathanDaniels) | 6 comments This looks promising... going to dive right in :]

message 10: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Pugh Thanks for this thread, it's hard when you're new to a group to know where to go next! :)

message 11: by Tracy (new)

Tracy  | 10 comments My new addiction is to read indie authors... so excited about this group.

message 12: by Angel (new)

Angel (angel4sue) | 1 comments Hi just stopped in to look around. i really know nothing about blogs or bloggers. i thought this may be the place to find out about these things. i will introduce myself sometime tomorrow as i must get up very early tomorrow and must get to bed. i love reading so i am guessing i will fit in here. Peace Angel

message 13: by Bo (new)

Bo Brennan | 25 comments OMG folks, I'm so excited, I'm giddy! I have to share my news with you..............STEALING POWER is currently #1 BEST SELLER serial killer book on Amazon! :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXAH1V6/

message 14: by Judith (new)

Judith Post | 391 comments Congratulations, Bo!!!!

message 15: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Wetherbee | 6 comments Hi everyone. I stumbled in here because I clicked on a link to vote for a book for October via Wanda's Amazing Amazon Reviewers. I was brought into that group by Lavinia Urban who writes books for teens. I've recently began writing reviews and discovered I really enjoy it. I'm currently doing my first ever beta read. I'm enjoying the challenge.

message 16: by Judith (new)

Judith Post | 391 comments Sounds like you're a perfect fit here. Welcome!

Laurie: Almost Faemous (laurie-almostfaemous) | 42 comments This is a great group to find books to read and review and if you like UF read Judith's she's a great writer :)

message 18: by Judith (new)

Judith Post | 391 comments Oh, THANK YOU, Laurie! I needed that:) I just finished the first draft of Spinners of Fortune. My books always feel good while I'm writing them. Then it's time to edit...and all I see are flaws. It's a good thing there are rewrites!

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Black | 1 comments Just joined the group. Happy to be here. I write romantic fiction and have three books on goodreads. I have a freebie on amazon right now - anyone interested in the Tudor/war of the roses era, head on over to amazon. http://amzn.com/B00DQ25WDE

I look forward to participating and meeting many group members. :)

message 20: by Judith (new)

Judith Post | 391 comments Hi, Christine!

message 21: by Rita (new)

Rita Chapman | 174 comments Hi, I've just joined too. Congratulations Bo on your success. Hope it rubs off on the rest of the group!

message 22: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Evans (joefizz) | 7 comments Hey!

Just getting to grips with this new site.... bit overwhelming, so I'll take it gently... In the interim, if anybody is interested in The Law of Attraction, then pick up a free ebook today or tomorrow on this link:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Missing-Lin...

After that it reverts to 99c.

I look forward to building long term friendships here!

message 23: by Joel (new)

Joel Bresler Bo wrote: "OMG folks, I'm so excited, I'm giddy! I have to share my news with you..............STEALING POWER is currently #1 BEST SELLER serial killer book on Amazon! :)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXAH1V6/"

Bo,
I'm new to the group, but I have to tell you that this may well be the best post I've read since joining Goodreads!

message 24: by Tori (new)

Tori Clare (poochie1) | 5 comments Hi everyone

I hope you don't mind my posting on this thread the fact that:

EITHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT by Tori de Clare is going free this weekend on AMAZON for two days: Friday/Saturday

25-26th OCTOBER

It has:

41 five-Star reviews. Rating 4.6/5

Grab a copy while it's free.

It is:

A mystery/suspense thriller with a romantic element.

Grab it while it's free!!!

Amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/Either-Side-M...

Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Either-Side-of-...

Either Side of Midnight by Tori de Clare

message 25: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) | 15 comments Hi guys, I was wondering if I'm allowed to just post in the General section that I'm looking for bloggers to help me promote my next release (Dec 16th) through interviews or guest posts etc, or is there somewhere special I should put the request? I'm not one for randomly spamming lists.

message 26: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Chris wrote: "Hi guys, I was wondering if I'm allowed to just post in the General section that I'm looking for bloggers to help me promote my next release (Dec 16th) through interviews or guest posts etc, or is ..."

Hi Chris, I would suggest posting either in the Author's Corner or the Author's Help Section. Thanks!

message 27: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) | 15 comments Great, thanks very much!

message 28: by Ian (new)

Ian Kane | 10 comments Hi everyone. I was wondering where to go if I'd like to be interviewed by bloggers, etc.? Thanks in advance!

message 29: by Ian (new)

Ian Kane | 10 comments Oops just saw Chris's Q & A I'll head over to those sections.