Start by marking “Either Side of Midnight” as Want to Read:
Either Side of Midnight

Either Side of Midnight

(The Midnight Saga #1)

Review
“Either Side of Midnight is a must-read book for all mystery and/or suspense lovers. I rate this book as a ten-star and expect to see it as number one on the best selling list for many, many weeks.” Reviewed by Trudi LoPreto for Readers'Favorite.

WHAT IF THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE TURNED INTO YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE?

When nineteen-year-old Naomi Stone is snatched from her
Published 2013

To ask other readers questions about Either Side of Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Either Side of Midnight

Joy
This is an excellent book written by one of my wonderful goodreads (and Twitter) friends, Tori de Clare. I would have finished it much sooner (it's a page turner) except for the fact that I've been reading several other books at the same time. Anyway, this is a wonderful, suspenseful book with some twists and turns. I will write more soon but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this book and to recommend it highly!
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3 Stars for Me...4 Stars for Others???

Confusing bold words up there, I know. I had a hard time deciding what to rate this book and how to review it due to the fact that it is not what I would typically call "my cup of tea."

I found this book via one of my group's deal boards (shout out to deal guru Victoria). It was free and the premise sounded interesting: chick gets kidnapped on her wedding night and held captive...or does she? Being that I have been on a bit of a smutty kidnapping/captivity b
Heather *Awkward Queen and Unicorn Twin*
This was quite an enjoyable freebie! The alternating timeline had me hooked, and I liked the character development. I can see that this might be a little slow-moving for some readers of mystery thrillers, but it was pretty interesting to me.

The formatting was a bit wonky and inconsistent, and countless times there was a comma where there shouldn't have been. But overall this was decent and I'm planning to read the sequel at some point.
Stuart Murray
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Either Side of Midnight: Tori de Clare.
This is a book that entertains and is filled with characters that are interesting and relatable. The writing is first rate, the pace excellent, and the delivery beautifully presented. Tori de Clare delivers her tale in a story that switches from the present to the past seamlessly, providing the reader with a fascinating back story to explain the present.
The quality of the work, and the entertainment value are worthy of a 5-Star rating. Highly recommended.
Diana Hockley
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I did enjoy this one! It is so hard to find a new twist on the small number of plots which are "available" for thrillers, but Ms De Clare did it :)

Carefully crafted characters and twists that I never saw coming ensured that this book is unique in the genre. The story is set in Manchester and the Lake District in England - and I love the Lake District.

I won't go into the plot, as other people have done so and I certainly don't want to even hint at what happens in this well-written and plotte
Stephen Clynes
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
19 year old Naomi Hamilton falls in love with Nathan Stone and they get married. But on their wedding day, things go terribly wrong for Naomi. Follow Naomi as she struggles through this psychological thriller.

I really enjoyed this British psychological thriller set around Manchester and the Lake District. Right from the start you know things are not right and although Naomi blindly falls in love, the reader spots all the warning flags from the beginning. Naomi trusts a lot of people but this sto
Linda Walters
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy Cow!! What a book!!
Loved, Loved, Loved this book! It was a total surprise, a delightful one!! The story was intricately woven. The people in the story, had such a depth to them too. Every time I thought I had something figured out, "wham", another surprise!! The people in the book were written it such a way that there was incredible depth that you got to see. I don't want to give anything away- because part of the joy for me was the "unexpected". I will say that when I first began to read i
Julia Bell
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is not my normal genre, but I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The author has a bubbly and modern way of writing that I found very attractive. All the main characters are introduced in the first chapter and so is the action so it compelled me to turn the page. The author has the ability to convey strong emotion in just a few words and I found myself sympathising with the heroine, Naomi, and admiring her from the start.

I won't go into the story since I would recommend you read this book for y
Irene
Jan 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
When I see all the five star reviews I am convinced that I have read a different book altogether. In my opinion it was poorly written with really bad sentence structure in places. The story line was average and really predictable.
Michelle
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's wonderful when you start a story with no expectations, and you're a bit dubious but then surprised by the path it takes; then it grows on you despite your initial reservations.
I love it when little snippets of info are dribbled throughout the story, which flashes backwards and then returns to the present, and the reader tries to connect the dots. Just when I thought Id figured it out, I discovered that my dot-connecting skills are inadequate and that the connections had wider implications t
Debbie Oxier
This book was nerve wracking. For the first half of the book I kept turning pages wanting to know who held Naomi captive and why. The second half of the book I found myself skipping pages, just wanting it to end. For one thing the chapters were titled Liberty and Captivity. The ones labeled captivity are obvious. Naomi is in a house, chained to a wall in a bedroom. She's able to walk to the bathroom, sit on the toilet, and wash at the sink but not much else. She's there day after day with nothin ...more
Orlok
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book, but in the end silly coincidence and a manufactured denoument scene did it for me. Even then, I'd possibly have given it 3 stars but for the poor editing. This book clearly didn't get an outside professional review. Tenses jump about the place, sometimes in the same sentence. It's written in the third person, but at one point the prose describes flowers sprawled out near "my" feet. There were also some typos. But the worst offender is the misuse of commas. Constant an ...more
Christine Ann Gilson
Wow! More please!

I have to give this rating,although the editing isn't perfect,because it is so exciting! The story is well researched about places, and the characters and plot were strange but very convincing. I really enjoyed it.
Tammy Hamilton Green
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
Marilyn
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to start out by saying that I was very intrigued when I read the synopsis of this book. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it! I was drawn into the story from the very beginning and kept trying to figure out the events and had a few clues here and there, but once you get to that twist, WOW! From that point on it was such a wild roller coaster ride, because I kept wondering what would happen next. Your feelings about some of the characters definitely change, some for good reason ...more
Philip
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this thriller despite my initial misgivings. I normally like my thrillers more graphic, whereas this tends to concentrate on relationships but felt a little coy. Nonetheless, I did enjoy it. The evocative descriptions of Manchester and the joys of music came through and also the pressure parents put onto their children to fulfil the parent's dream added to the tension.

Some nice twists to catch out the reader just when the book looked like it was going nowhere. At first I did not b
Anna Green
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the best thrillers I've read. Started a bit slow but halfway through the book, the twist in the plot twisted my gut . I couldn't put this book down. Author Tori de Clare did a great job and I hope there is a sequel to this. I am impressed! Although it ended abruptly this is not a cliffhanger. I still would like to know what happens next to the twins and the brother.
James
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime, e-book, own
Although the story started with the kidnapping of Naolmi on her wedding day, I found the first half of the book to be slow reading.
It oicked up in the second half with much more action. At the end it was good to see Naomi getting a backbone.
I understand there is going to be a sequel and I look forward to that.
Judy
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The story starts with a bride getting kidnapped on her wedding day. The book Is full of suspense and surprises. A definite page turner that will keep you up at night as you won't want to put it down. I really enjoyed it.
Audra
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!!

Very cleverly written. Twists and turns, love and deceit, thrilling and sad....the descriptions I could give easily stretch a mile long. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. It's clean and still quite a thriller. I had difficulties putting it down and forced myself back to reality.
Suzanne Miller
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twists and Turns

Twins born on either side of midnight are totally engaging characters. The plot had some expected twists and some that are certainly not expected. This story of the lives of these two ladies is enthralling!
Rita Tongue
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clever suspense

Tori de Flare creates a clever plot that keeps the reader in suspense right to the end. Looking forward to the sequel.
Shelby Lamb
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great plot and pacing and interesting characters. Glad I gave it a chance.
Karen
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
Excellent book. Exciting to the end. Easy to figure out the main plot line, but how things will resolve at the end remains for speculation. I did not want to put it down!
Karina
Nov 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr-funsies
* I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Verdict: 4.5 Brilliant Mind-bending Stars!

Either Side of Midnight is instant insanity, an intricately worked and woven plot that comes together perfectly. Written in a way that goes back and forth between Liberty (past) and Captivity (present), I found it brilliant and intriguing. At first I was fascinated with Captivity but quickly grew to love the Liberty aspect which gave the background story on Naomi’s family and the way her a
Vivian
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~ Like a crescendo, this story escalates beautiful. Twists until the end. Well done!
“The man who acquired the ability to take possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else.” That’s what happened to Naomi on the eve of her wedding. As everyone went home and she checked in to the quant hotel with her husband, Nathan. Taken. Her life would take a sharp turn. Not the typical life of a new bride; bound, chained, and held against her will by a madman, instead. Who would do something
M
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
It took me quite a while and involved a bit of pushing to finish this book. I love thrillers and bought it based on the summary while it was on sale. This is the self-published debut of Troi de Clare, and it reads as one; I mean that in all of the positive ways as well as some of the implied negative ways.

Due to the nature of the book, I'm going to write this review without any spoilers. I also recommend avoiding reviews with spoilers before you take the dive into this book since the pay-off is
Alison
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I thought this was a very good read but there were a few things that stopped me loving it. Firstly, a problem that is often apparent in self-published books - editing snags. There were a few typos (not nearly as many as in some books) and clunky sentences which jarred and got in the way of smooth reading. These are minor points.

More to the point, was anyone else confused by the ending?

I may have missed something (and I intend to go back and reread the last couple of chapters just in case) but I
Lisa
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing read. I never would have guessed who was involved with Naomi's kidnapping. I liked how the arthur started the book from the wedding night and the kidnapping and then went to the back story of how Naomi & Nathan became a couple. I think that the way she kept switching back & forth between the present when she was held captive & the past leading up to the wedding night were a good mix.

Spoiler alert: I loved how her captor kept himself hidden until he heard her
  • Silver Fire (Guardians, #2)
  • The Heart Has Reasons
  • Jimmy's Game (Ruthless #1)
  • Knock Love Out (A Very Sexy Romance)
  • NOT A BOOK: Hasty Resolution
  • Clementine
  • Hopelessly Broken
  • FRY (McBride Vendetta #1)
  • The Reunion Lie
  • Edge Play X
  • Secrets in the Shadows (Shadows Collection/Leroy's Sins, #1)
  • Come Back To Me
  • One Good Reason
  • Lecture Notes
  • Messy and Shattered (Abduct, #1)
  • Mark One (Midway #1)
  • Back on Solid Ground
  • Lilith Rising 1969
Tori de Clare is UK author of The Midnight Saga, mystery/suspense/thriller series set in Manchester.
#1 Either Side of Midnight
#2 The Darkness Visible
#3 Shadows to Ashes
Tori's career has been in music. She has privately taught piano and theory of music since 1987 and, ready for a challenge and believing she had a story to tell, began writing in 2009. Despite the classical music background, Ms de

The Midnight Saga (3 books)
  • The Darkness Visible (The Midnight Saga Book 2)
  • Shadows to Ashes (The Midnight Saga Book 3)
“having plenty of time to do anything in the world meant that the appeal to do any of it mysteriously faded.” 1 likes
“She was known for her volcanic passion for Romantic music that erupted regularly during her lessons, then cooled and settled in between.” 1 likes