Goodreads Developers discussion

questions > OAuth details

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim Heuer (timheuer) | 10 comments The details on OAuth for goodreads API are sparse. Is there a single point documenting the request token, access token, authorize URIs that we are to use? Also is it supporting SSL? The sample shows only non-encrpted.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) all our docs on it are here:
http://www.goodreads.com/api/document...

It's not very descriptive, but our setup is intended to be as vanilla as possble, so it should match the oauth1 docs very closely.

I think we don't support ssl, (ssl is part of oauth2, but we're only oauth1).

Are you using an oauth library? I'd highly recommend using one.

message 3: by Tim (new)

Tim Heuer (timheuer) | 10 comments Windows 8 comes with OAuth support in the APIs, however it will not work with your API because of lack of SSL support :-( -- why not enable that on the URI?

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) Theres a technical issue with doing it. I hope to fix that in the coming months.

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim Heuer (timheuer) | 10 comments Michael - perhaps we can chat via email (I work on the Windows developer platform team). timheuer at Microsoft com

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim Heuer (timheuer) | 10 comments Also, do you require a verifier? In using RestSharp, I'm able to get authorized, but not provided any verifier to complete the exchange from request to access.

message 7: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 23 comments Hey Tim, fancy seeing you around here :) Ping me if you want my Goodreads OAuth sample code. I'm writing a WP7 Goodreads client and I've worked out most of the kinks with using RestSharp + GoodReads. Are you doing a W8 version or WP7 as well?

I'm thinking of pushing my client up on Github so everyone can learn from it and tweak it. I hope to publish v1 in a week with a basic feature set.

message 8: by Ben (new)

Ben (benriga) | 1 comments Hey Shawn,

I'd love to help test the Goodreads client. I was looking for one of those. Let me know if you need any help there.

Thanks,
Ben