Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Runner of Pern
This topic is about Runner of Pern
Book Issues > A short story from an anthology has been created as a stand alone book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) I came across this and when I went to do some research to put in a cover image I realized that it is actually a single story published in two anthologies, A Gift of Dragons: Illustrated Stories and Legends.

It is posted as a audiobook but any reputable download includes a whole book and not just one story.

There are 81 people with community reviews and I'm not sure if there is anything to be done with it.

I am hoping someone with a better knowledge of Anne McCaffrey can look into this. Thanks.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43598 comments Mod
Dawn wrote: "It is posted as a audiobook but any reputable download includes a whole book and not just one story."

Not sure what that means. It was available for a time as an independent audiobook.

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) Ahh, I just didn't see it when I was looking then. All I found with just the single story were some pretty sketchy looking downloads.

Thanks.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Feb 21, 2012 03:09PM) (new)

I don't think it's available any longer, nor has been for at least 5 years. But that's no reason to take it off GR.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (caveatlector) I agree totally, I was just thinking that it should be combined to one of the anthologies as it seemed odd to be on it's own but I was not aware that it was actually released as a single story.
I will leave it alone and again thanks for clearing it up for me.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Sure. Nice to know being a McCaffrey fangirl is useful on occasion. ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Legends (other topics)
A Gift of Dragons (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne McCaffrey (other topics)