BTS Book Club discussion

Recommend a Book to Read Next! > Recommend a book to read next

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book (new)

Book Trailer | 21 comments Mod
This book looks pretty interesting. I'm a fan of the Urban Fantasy book lately too :) Three Days to Dead (Dreg City, #1) by Kelly Meding

message 2: by Redheads Review it Better (last edited Feb 21, 2012 02:27PM) (new)

Redheads Review it Better (redreviewsit) | 36 comments I just recently finished reading Sunset Point by Robyn Carr so I feel like this is a great recommendation. I absolutely LOVE her books. Beware, once you start reading, you will have to go and buy them all at once so you don't have to wait to read the next. Lol! Start with her first in the series, Virgin River. It's great! Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy Wilhelm | 282 comments Mod
We should put this up as a read? She must be good cause your always talking about her :) Now I gotta go see what she rights.

message 4: by Nick (new)

Nick Nicholas (nicksnicholas) | 90 comments Have any of you ever read the ARCO series by Sydney Croft (its the pen name for the duo of Larissa Ione and Stephanie Tyler) I am completely hooked on this series. I came across the 1st book, Riding the Storm while browsing in www.Live-brary.com. It's a 6 book series and is best described as "X-Men meets Erotic Romance" Each book features a good story line with a different main hero/heroine combo with good back story and subplots. It's about people with special abilities and/or human superpowers and two main agencies that fight against each other, one wanting to save the world from the other who wants to destroy it. I seriously love this series and would highly recommend it to anyone who has a connection or love for the superhuman or "mutant" type of heroes and villains. And of course there's LOTS of "action" too all the ways you'd expect (from explosions, to the hottest love scenes) combined with story lines featuring, hi-tech gizmos, shapeshifters, ghost hunting and much much more. You can read any one of these books in any order and they stand on their own, but if you read it in order, its a awesome Sci-fi soap opera. I LOVE this series and highly recommend it.

Riding the Storm Unleashing the Storm Seduced by the Storm

Taming the Fire Tempting the Fire Tempting the Fire

message 5: by Christy (new)

Which one is the first in the series I really dig Larrisa Ione Immortal series:)

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Nicholas (nicksnicholas) | 90 comments Riding the Storm starts it off.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Ok this one looks really good! Dire Needs (Eternal Wolf Clan, #1) by Stephanie Tyler

Redheads Review it Better (redreviewsit) | 36 comments Christy wrote: "We should put this up as a read? She must be good cause your always talking about her :) Now I gotta go see what she rights."

I think I should make her one of my pics each month. Her books are great. You would like them a lot Christy.

message 9: by Christy (new)

I want to read the first one. It looked really good.

Redheads Review it Better (redreviewsit) | 36 comments I honestly think that may be my favorite out of them all. Of course ask me which one is my favorite right after I have read the most recent one and I will say that one. Lol.

message 11: by Christy (new)

I just bought the Shatter Me book. I cant resist a dystopian and an X Men style book all in one!

message 12: by Christy (new)

Here are my picks
From the poll it looks like every one wants to read
A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing by Terry Spear
I don't want both books of mine to be romance so I decided to pick a YA that was not on the poll
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi
I do plan to read the other three as in Crave, Plague Town and The Perfect Play but maybe as a side read. So you can still read along with me:)

If this changes you'll see my picks on the 1st !

message 13: by Joelle (new)

Joelle (joelleclista) | 17 comments Read this series last year and recently re-read it last week love it !

message 14: by Joelle (new)

Joelle (joelleclista) | 17 comments http://angelswithattitudebookreviews-...

Recently read and loved it !

message 15: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 8 comments http://reginaandrews.wordpress.com/20... I recommend Last Resort and Southern Superstitions. They've both been getting great reviews.

message 16: by Christy (new)

This one looks really good.
Anyone interested?
Blind to Men by Chris Lange

The day has come for Anya to reclaim her life. Protected by an Amazon, she must go to legendary Palance, the city of her dreams. She has to leave her home without even knowing she was cursed at birth. She is blind to men. She can’t see them, and they can’t see her.

message 17: by Christy (new)

Ok this is a good one, I have my review up on my site.
The Werewolf's Wife by Michele Hauf

message 18: by K.S. (new)

K.S. Haigwood (kshaigwood) | 1 comments Whisper Cape by Regan Walsh I have had the honor of getting to know Ms. Regan Walsh after winning her book Whisper Cape in a giveaway on Read Between The Lines. It is a must read. It was a definite page turner. I couldn't put it down until I was finished. If you like paranormal romance, you'll love this!

message 19: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Hartman (ruthjhartman) | 1 comments Hey, all,

Nick told me I could post my book here, as a possible one for the club to read. My latest is "Better Than Catnip". It's a funny romance. Here's the Goodread's Link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13.... I just got my first review yesterday for it, a 5-sunflower from reviewsrmine.

Thank you :)

Ruth

message 20: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 8 comments http://www.amazon.com/Southern-Supers... sweet Christian An inspirational Christian romantic suspense novel set in Louisiana.
Prayer versus Southern superstitions when a woman's husband mysteriously disappears in the swamp on a deer-hunting trip. As steamy as the hot, thick, sticky heat of Louisiana, this page-turner will keep readers in suspense, as the author spins a tale of love, loss, superstition, pain, heartache, and faith in God. Reviewer Kathy Boswell says, "Very good! She never gives up hope that Andy will return to her someday. She puts it all in God's hands like she's done every crisis in her life. She knows He will take care of this for her." God and the power of prayer versus Southern superstitions. Through belief, faith, hard work, the power of prayer, and God's help, this powerful, moving story is a thought-provoking Christian romantic suspense about a young couple who fall in love, but have to change her mother's mind in more ways than one, if their relationship is to survive. Can Andy convince June there's more to their relationship than friends? Will he win the approval of Mrs. Myrtle, her mother, and can love survive strawberry season and an April flood? Will June be able to give Andy a child? A Southern story of love and faith.
Favorite sentences: It was faith in God that would bring her husband home. Even a lucky penny or dime declared, "In God we trust."

Author Shawna K. Williams endorses Southern Superstitions by B. J. Robinson. She says, “Southern Superstitions is an inspirational story that’s full of personality, as well as intricacy in the way it explores the complexities of family and the conflict between faith and luck. Barbara does a great job at pulling together the deeply rooted superstitions of the South and entwining them into a suspenseful tale of faith, romance and endurance. I especially enjoyed the setting and culture of the deep South."

message 21: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 8 comments See five-star reviews at Amazon.com. Here's what early readers had to say:
What early Readers Had to Say...
"B. J. Robinson's Last Resort is an inspirational romantic suspense story that keeps you hanging on the edge of your seat -- both to see if the villain is overcome and to see if Matt and Faith end up together. You don't want to miss this one with its twists; it's a great read!" Deb Haggerty, Author and Speaker

"The warm, sweet romance, yet insightful story, will touch your heart with its simplicity and charm." Janet Perez Eckles, Author and Speaker
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Resort-ebo...

Faith tore out of the jail's parking lot and prayed she wouldn't get a ticket. She turned Old Blue into the flowing traffic. Her heart pumped faster than a race car engine. Dear God, please don't let me be too late. She reached down and punched Matt's number again. Come on, Matt, where are you? Pick up. Still no answer. She snapped the phone shut and focused on the road ahead. Who could possibly have it in for him? He was such a great guy. She gassed the truck as she passed the city limits and left the jail behind. Why wasn't he answering? She'd never had a problem before. This wasn't like him.

Don't miss B. J's sensational strawberry romances!
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Resort-ebo...