Start by marking “A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)” as Want to Read:
A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing (Heart of the Wolf, #9)

A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing

(Heart of the Wolf #9)

Meara Greymere is in charge of the cabin rentals on the rugged Oregon coastline, so her brother and his mate could take a delayed honeymoon. But while Hunter is away, the she-wolf intends to play—she just has to convince the right alpha male to rent one of the cabins, and she’ll take it from there. But when Finn Emerson arrives with every intention of pretending to be her ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published March 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing

RedL.
2 Seals and s'mores are not enough

I'll be honest, I don't remember this one in detail, it didn't leave such a mark. I went a bit crazy with freebies during the holidays. It is a werewolf book, do I really need to say more?

Despite being crazy about shifters and wolves, this didn't really work for me. I understand I read a random book in the serie so I was missing a lot of background, but the werewolves being a special ops seal team here made it notably worse.

I liked the main couple, Finn and Me
AH
3.5 stars. A nice diversion, fun to read.

May I direct you to the lovely cover for this book? Mmm…nice abs, right? A little distracting…
A SEAL in Wolf’s Clothing is a nice little diversion. There’s plenty of action, hot Navy SEAL werewolves, and a plot to kill said Navy SEAL werewolves… The dialogue was a little hokey at times, but it was still a fun book to read.

Finn is sent to protect Meara, the alpha wolf’s sister. An assassin has been targeting the Navy SEALS and Meara is in danger as well.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

I have a confession to make. This is the first book I read in this series, or by this author actually. I don't like to read out of order but, well, I did.

I really can't resist a sexy shifter, and if that sexy shifter just happens to be a SEAL as well (and I mean that in the military sense, not that he likes to go swimming).

I wasn't completely lost since the author does a good job of explaining just enough of the background so that you can follow along wi
PepperP0t
4.75stars really
Back in Oregon visiting Hunter's pack, except Hunter & Tessa Greymere are away on their honeymoon. Someone has targeted Hunter's SEAL team for termination putting him and his family in danger. Meanwhile Hunter's sister Meara has decided to use his time to shop for a mate. Just as Meara's candidates begin to arrive, so does SEAL support in the form of Finn Emerson and Finn has no intention of allowing Meara to select a mate other than him no matter how Hunter may feel about it
Dawn ♥ romance
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This paranormal romance had a fun beginning and exciting ending but the romance in the middle was full of ruminating about why they wouldn't suit each other. The hero behaved badly in a trust issue and heroine was appeased with sex; that's just wrong. I didn't feel the love. SEAL wolf Finn goes to protect his teammates sister Meara when he learns an assassin out to kill them.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
3.5 Stars

Meara Greymore's twin brother and pack alpha is going to Hawaii on his honeymoon and while the alpha’s away the little she wolf will play. Meara has big plans to find a mate by renting the cabins out at their family resort to some very eligible werewolves. But when ex-Navy SEAL and alpha wolf Finn Emerson shows up, naked and dripping wet no less, Meara’s plans hit a detour and if Finn has anything to say about it, it will be of the permanent kind.
Someone is out to get Finn’s entire ex-S
Heather Book Savvy Babe
Combining suspense, alpha males, romance and werewolves, Terry Spear continues to enthrall readers with another paranormal romance winner. In A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing, Meara is in danger from an unknown source when an enemy of her brother's (Hunter, the werewolf pack alpha and Navy SEAL) begins killing members of the SEAL team and sets his sights on Meara. With Hunter being gone on his honeymoon, fellow SEAL and friend, Finn steps in to protect Meara, whether she wants protection or not. Becaus ...more
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review [by Michelle L. Olson – LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha]:
I’ve been following HEART OF THE WOLF since day one and have been hooked ever since. This book though, grabbed me immediately and I just couldn’t put it down.
SEAL in wolf’s clothing revolves around Meara, a strong alpha in her own right, with an incredibly overprotective Navy SEAL older brother. Meara is looking for a mate, and takes the opportunity of her brother’s honeymoon and subsequent absence to try and lure in her prospect
Niina
This story has both adventure and suspense, and romance to boot! I loved the story of Meara being on a hunt for a mate and Finn's escalating jealous streak about it while the poor alpha tries his best to protect her. If you haven't read the series before ( like I hadn't ) here are some unique things you need to know about Spear's werewolves: First they are either man or wolf, no middle stage. Two, if sex gets to actual penetration you're mated, no buts about it. Which caused so much delicious te ...more
Larissa
Nov 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-review, netgalley
*NO Spoilers.
Terry Spear delivers another amazing installment in her Wolf series, Heart of the Wolf. I so love this series. The smex is always hot, but there is also an interesting plot to keep you entertained and glued to the book.

I love how her characters from different books end up being interconnected in some way, even if they never meet. not to say that you should not read A SEAL in Wolf’s Clothing without having read the previous books, but I honestly think you’ll enjoy it more if you do.
Larena
Feb 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Contemporary, Paranormal, Oregon Coast

Meara Greymere is determined to find herself a mate now that her brother is going to be away. Now that Meara doesn’t have to deal with an overprotective brother she figures it shouldn’t be too hard for her to find a mate. What she doesn’t count on is one of her brothers SEAL buddies showing up and ruining her fun. He may be hot but she knows he isn’t mate material. Now she is going to have to find a way around him.

Finn Emerson is a Navy SEAL that has been h
Darcy
Oct 29, 2011 rated it liked it
This book had me laughing, Meara is very strong headed and Finn ended up being bowled over by her fighting things between them all the way, and that is to say nothing of the team that was working with them.

It seems like subconsciously both Meara and Finn realized they were mates, but couldn't admit it to themselves. Meara never talked with Hunter's other teammates, but with Finn she had always given him hell for dragging Hunter away and Finn took it. The contentious relationship they had stayed
Redheads Review it Better
Meara can't wait to sink her teeth into the right alpha male she has renting one of her cabins for the week. She is determined to find her mate in this group of carefully selected males. But when her brother's SEAL teammate, Finn, shows up unexpectedly, she is beyond annoyed with his games. Why he feels the need to pretend to be her lover is beyond her but she knows she has to watch her step or he will go running to her brother who will put her search to an end immediately. If only that was the ...more
Paraphrodite
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
3 stars.

What's not to love about a story with a werewolf SEAL?

In this installment, we see To Tempt the Wolf Hunter's SEAL team coming together to save his sister Meara from being assassinated. Finn has no thoughts of settling down but with Hunter away on his honeymoon, he's sworn to protect Meara from her impulsive actions to find herself a mate and maybe getting herself killed.

I'm glad the author spent more time on explaining the reasons for the assassination plot this time around. I'm sure
Calisto
Dec 21, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, furry-smex
Entertaining read.

Meara is looking for the perfect mate while her brother is away. Finn, her brother's best friend shows up to protect her from a mysterious killer that may target her to get to her brother.

This was an easy, entertaining read, but to be honest, I can't say that I loved it. Nor will I reread it or run out to read more in this series. The characters had some really interesting moments but overall I couldn't get past what I call 'benevolent misogyny'.

Now, I totally admit that it's
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
I thoroughly enjoy the covers & the repeat use of the same hot guy!He's too good looking to only use once!

Meara is runing a campgrouns/cabins while her brother is away on his honeymoon. Her brother Hunter is an ex Navy SEAL & has a special team of former SEALs that do private black ops jobs.

After one of the SEAL's team members is shot, Finn comes to protect Meara, knowing the assassin is after her too. She is an alpha female looking for a mate & both of them are supposed to be off l
Barb
Mar 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Her instincts tell her he's dangerous...
While her overprotective brother's away, Meara Greymere's planning to play—and it wouldn't hurt to find herself a mate in the process. The last thing she needs is one of his SEAL buddies spoiling her fun, even if the guy is the hottest one she's ever seen...
His powers of persuasion are impossible to resist...
Finn Emerson is a battle-hardened Navy SEAL and alpha wolf. He's a little overqualified for baby-sitting, but feisty Meara is attracting trouble like
Christine Ashworth
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, shifter
I've never read a Terry Spear book before; A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing is number 9 (I think ) in a series, but the book was a good stand-alone, filling me in on backstory without being irritating or boring.

I really enjoyed this book - I flew through it in one day while convalescing - and will definitely put Spear down in my To-Read Authors list. The cast of characters is deep enough to promise more excellent books, and the Shifter part of the story wasn't SO overloaded with pack politics, which h
Karen
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Meara Greymere wants to find a mate without her overprotective brother interfering. There is no better time than when her brother and his wife are on their honeymoon. She didn’t plan on being hunted by an assassin or have Finn Emerson, one of her brother’s SEAL buddies show up to spoil her fun, too. Her attraction to Finn irks her, but his power of persuasion proves difficult to resist.

Finn vows to keep Meara safe from the assassin and the questionable men who are vying for her hand, but he find
Angela
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: paranormal romance, shifters
This was my favorite of the series so far. I loved Finn and Meara together. I really liked how Meara decide to find herself a mate by using the family's cabins but gets more then she bargained for with her little scheme. Add in hunky SEAL Finn and you just knew sparks were gonna fly. All the secondary characters were just as interesting as the two MCs. Ms. Spear really knows how to write a fantastic shifter book with sexy heroes/heroines with lots of chemistry. I can't wait to read more in this ...more
Jill Wood (Midnight Book Obsessions)
I'm not rating this one because it was a DNF at 40% for me. Maybe I'll try to finish it later, but it was just way too slow. The storyline didn't really progress so that made it difficult to connect to the characters.
Michele bookloverforever
Re-read in September of 2017 and enjoyed it all over again!
Deb
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Loved the story and background of the male characters.
Heroine - Meara is quite the character, indeed. Finn definitely as his hand full. :-)
Andris Bear
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Terry Spear book and I LOVED it. I will definitely be reading the rest of this series.
Erica
Nov 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Petula
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meara Greymere is the twin sister to the pack Alpha and is taking advantage of the fact that her brother has gone away on honeymoon. Now is her chance to meet as many Alpha wolves as possible while he is away and maybe find her mate. Unfortunately for her one of her brother's SEAL team buddies has decided she needs protection.
Finn Emerson has finally got information on what went wrong on the last mission. Someone is trying to take out the team and those close to them. While the SEAL team leader
Frances Law
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Knight of swords.

Finn, a member of Hunter's seal team, is asked to protect Meara, Hunter's sister, while Hunter is on his honeymoon with Tessa. When Finn arrived at the cabins that Meara rents out he finds a good-looking werewolf about to check in. He immediately sets about sabotaging Meara's efforts to find a mate! The whole idea just doesn't sit right with him. However, it soon appears that his deal team is under attack and, as Hunter's sister, Meara is also at risk. Within no time he and Mear
Sue Davis
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, Danger, Alpha Male Wolves and A Smart Beautiful Alpha Female

Meara and Finn love story is so much fun to see develop. Meara has a twin brother who was a Seal and Finn was on his team. Finn has arrived to tell them that team members are being targets, but finds out that her brother and his new mate are on a honeymoon so he decides to stay around to be sure that Hunter's off limits sister (Meara) is safe. Of course the fact that Meara is out to find herself an alpha mate of her own (she is a
Julie
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can her SEAL save her?

Of course he can. It takes longer for them to realize that he is, in fact, her SEAL.
So there is the usual big bad guy after them, so let’s go to a safe house. Meara is a headstrong heroine, but is not stupid, yay.
There is a bit of intrigue on who is the bad guy and what’s his end game.
The part I did not really like was their definition of mating.
Meranda Semeniuk-Wappel
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a fantastic book! I honestly didn't see who the antagonists were in this book. Just loved how there was a plan for everything and it felt like you were apart of the story! Just couldn't get enough of the book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
BTS Book Club: A Seal in Wolf's Clothing (March) 29 28 Mar 18, 2012 05:51PM

• The Wolf Who Loved Me (Westfield Wolves, #5)
  • Call of the Highland Moon (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #1)
  • Hunting Human (Prime Legacy, #1)
  • Chase Me (Underbelly Chronicles #2)
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves #5)
  • The Shadow Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #9)
  • Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)
  • Angel's Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #6)
  • When Temptation Burns (The Shadow Keepers, #6)
  • Dire Needs (Eternal Wolf Clan, #1)
  • The Vampire Next Door (Strange Neighbors, #3)
  • Untamed (The Amoveo Legend, #3)
Love, love, love romance, the paranormal, hunky Highlanders with their delicious brogue and hot kilts, so Terry Spear writes about those hunky Highlanders both in medieval times and as wolves in contemporary times. Jaguar shifters too! And young adult urban fantasy. And romantic suspense.

She grew up reading mystery, adventure, mythologies from around the world, ghost stories, the paranormal, fell

Heart of the Wolf (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Heart of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #1)
  • Destiny of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #2)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Legend of the White Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #4)
  • Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5)
  • Wolf Fever (Heart of the Wolf #6)
  • Heart of the Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #7)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • A Howl for a Highlander (Heart of the Wolf, #10)
  • A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, #11)