BTS Book Club discussion

What are you Reading? > What are you Reading?

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Book (last edited Feb 21, 2012 09:40AM) (new)

Book Trailer | 21 comments Mod
Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines

Redheads Review it Better (redreviewsit) | 36 comments Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
I'm trying my hand at multi-tasking. Lol!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading a short novella by Jean Marie Ward (can't find the book here in GR), entitled "Hoodoo Cupid". Here's the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Hoodoo-Cupid-eb... very cute story.

I'm also reading another book. It's by Paula Martin Fragrance of Violets  by Paula Martin

I was introduced to both these books on my Six Sentence Sunday rounds.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori Freeland (loriannfreeland) | 6 comments Since I write YA, I'm reading ton of YA right now. In the middle of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) I am reading a few. A Modern Love Story by Jolyn Palliata Alec's Dream by Dave Birchbauer Relative Danger by June Shaw

message 6: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 7 comments I am reading The Crystal Variation

The Crystal Variation

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 5 comments I just recently finished reading a great romantic suspense, Forged In Fire by Trish McCallan. It was great. It's one of those I wasn't ready to let go of the characters when it ended. Now, I sit on the edge of my seat waiting for the next book in the series.

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy Wilhelm | 282 comments Mod
I'm reading Anna Dressed in Blood of course Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake I'm really enjoying this book so far!

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine Hello everyone! I am currently reading Meljean Brooks The Iron Duke. I'm coming up on the halfway mark and am loving this story. I can't believe I'd waited so long to read this!

I have a few others sitting on my Kobo waiting for me. :)

message 10: by Christy (new)

Oh I want to read that series looks really good!!!

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Christy wrote: "Oh I want to read that series looks really good!!!"

I'm totally in love with the duke right now. He's completely an alpha and loves to push to get what he wants. I'm flying for work tomorrow and I'm excited to have several uninterrupted hours so I can read LOL!

message 12: by Christy (new)

What is the first one in that, I hate reading a series in the middle?

message 13: by Christine (new)

Christine The Iron Duke is book one, followed by Heart of Steel. Meljean is a pretty kick-ass author. :)

message 14: by Christy (new)

Oh I'll put this one for an up coming read!!!! :) I was looking at it the other day!!!

message 15: by Christine (new)

Christine Christy wrote: "Oh I'll put this one for an up coming read!!!! :) I was looking at it the other day!!!"

I hope you enjoy it! I'm a big fan of steampunk, and I love how well she's incorporated the elements, while keeping the pace of the mystery flowing.

Plus, you know, the duke is hot. :)

message 16: by Christy (new)

I'm starting to get into steampunk. Love the feel of it!

Stephanie (Bookfever) (bookfever) Reading Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2) by Lauren DeStefano ;D

message 18: by Diana (last edited Feb 27, 2012 03:29PM) (new)

Diana Layne (dianalaynebooks) | 8 comments Blood and Treasure Now, how do you add the book cover, the cover on this book is terrific!

message 19: by Christy (new)

when you put in the add book/author there is a circle that says cover click that Blood and Treasure (A Romancing the Pirate Novel) by Jennifer Bray-Weber

message 20: by Stina (new)

Stina Madison (stinamadsreads) | 4 comments I'm reading Fracture by Megan Miranda !

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi ladies, I have just taken a break from reading the Alex Cross novels by James Pattison. I was ridiculously hooked on them! But I've now started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and plan to read the other two in the series (the first one better be good cos I bought them all at once in a pack!)

I just finished Memoirs of a Geisha and not something I typically read, but I must say that it completely took me in and was so beautifully written!

message 22: by Christine (new)

Christine Erin wrote: " But I've now started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and plan to read t..."

Hi Erin, I found Girl With The Dragon Tattoo a bit slow to start. But I stuck with it and the ending was pretty stellar.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! I usually find 500 page books very daunting but I really wanna see the movie. (I have a love of reading the books from which movies we're based!)

message 24: by Christy (new)

Christine wrote: "Erin wrote: " But I've now started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and plan to read t..."

Hi Erin, I found Girl With The Dragon Tattoo a bit slow to start. But I stuck with it and the ending was p..."

I'm nervous to read it. I heard that the Swedish title translated in Men who hate women?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I've heard the same!

message 26: by Christy (new)

Erin wrote: "I've heard the same!"

Maybe Erin will let us know about this one. I really don't know if I want to read about crazy men killing woman. I guess if it were CSI style I would be ok with it. Just not very sure.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll let you guys know = )

message 28: by Christine (new)

Christine Christy wrote: "Erin wrote: "I've heard the same!"

Maybe Erin will let us know about this one. I really don't know if I want to read about crazy men killing woman. I guess if it were CSI style I would be ok wit..."

LOL I hadn't heard that.

It's a murder mystery with a nice twist at the end. Lisbeth's character is pretty bad ass, but she's not in it a lot until toward past the second half.

message 29: by Joie (new)

message 30: by Christy (new)

So far I'm loving it :)
The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins

message 31: by Christy (new)

Started a new one. Haven't gotten that far but my daughter tells me it's great :)
Magic Lost, Trouble Found (Raine Benares #1) by Lisa Shearin

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Christine wrote: "Christy wrote: "Erin wrote: "I've heard the same!"

Maybe Erin will let us know about this one. I really don't know if I want to read about crazy men killing woman. I guess if it were CSI style I..."

So I finally finished the book and must say I loved it! It was a little slow to start with but was certainly not difficult to get through each page.

I liked Lisbeths character and especially Bloomkvist, and to be honest, I thought he was a 'perfect' man!

Once the book got into full swing it had me hook, line and sinker! I found myself trying to solve the murder myself and was not disappointed. I must say that i didn't find the book offensive (in relation to the murder of women etc), but mind you I am a self confessed horror lover!

The only criticism I had was that the book didn't end after the crime was solved, but then again I don't think it could have as there were loose ends that needed to be tied up.

I have gotten my hands on my movie now and I can't wait to start the next book! (which is longer than the first one and even more daunting!!)

message 33: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) I am currently reading Gullah Ghosts Stories and Folktales from Brookgreen Gardens in the South Carolina Lowcountry with Notes on Gullah Culture and History by Lynn Michelsohn and plan to start Partials (Partials, #1) by Dan Wells next.

message 34: by Christy (new)

Laura wrote: "I am currently reading Gullah Ghosts Stories and Folktales from Brookgreen Gardens in the South Carolina Lowcountry with Notes on Gullah Culture and History by Lynn Michelsohn and plan to start ..."

I want to read the Partials!

message 35: by Laura (new)

Laura Thomas (laurathomas) Christy wrote: "Laura wrote: "I am currently reading Gullah Ghosts Stories and Folktales from Brookgreen Gardens in the South Carolina Lowcountry with Notes on Gullah Culture and History by Lynn Michelsohn and ..."

I have heard so much about it and read some really good reviews. can't wait to get started.

message 36: by Christy (new)

I've started reading A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing by Terry Spear and off of Net Galley Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler

message 37: by Joelle (new)

Joelle (joelleclista) | 17 comments The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

message 38: by Christy (new)

Joelle wrote: "The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa"

I want to read that serious!!!! I have the 1st one in my kindle and I've been eye balling it :)

message 39: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Robinson (goodreadscombjrobinson) | 8 comments I'm reading Goodbye Noel by Nike Chillemi and just finished Give us this Day by June Foster.

message 40: by Nick (new)

Nick Nicholas (nicksnicholas) | 90 comments I have been burning the candlestick at both ends, drinking lots of wine and turning pages like crazy over the past few weeks! I've discovered YA fiction by reading Bone Dressing (Bone Dressing, #1) by Michelle I. Brooks , The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins , and Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins .

On the romance front, I am read this sweet paranormal romance Demonic Desires by Mandy M. Roth and currently on to my first pirate-themed romance with Jennifer Bray-Weber's new release, A Kiss in the Wind (Romancing the Pirate #2) by Jennifer Bray-Weber

I am also in the middle of writing reviews of each! When they are done you can check them out here: http://candleswineandabook.wordpress.com

message 41: by Christy (new)

Nick S wrote: "I have been burning the candlestick at both ends, drinking lots of wine and turning pages like crazy over the past few weeks! I've discovered YA fiction by reading Bone Dressing (Bone Dressing, #1) by Michelle I. Brooks

message 42: by Sara (new)

Sara (saraechelon5) | 3 comments I'm also reading to review Cape Ingenue by E. Bard (:

message 43: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Davies (debbie16) | 2 comments ive just finished Delirium, didnt love it but didnt hate it

message 44: by Christy (new)

Debbie wrote: "ive just finished Delirium, didnt love it but didnt hate it"

I've heard about this book. But then again I've come across books that everyone else looked and I'm kinda like ummmm I don't get it.

Take for instance
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi
I'm 1/2 through... not sure if I'm loving it or not

message 45: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm reading Open House by Elizabeth Berg Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2) by Linda Howard The Ha-Ha by Dave King .

message 46: by Christy (new)

I'm reading Dire Needs (Eternal Wolf Clan, #1) by Stephanie Tyler
I've not read a single line in 2 weeks and now I'm hungry again :)

message 47: by Christy (new)

Got around to my monthly read The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa