Start by marking “Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)

Drop Dead Gorgeous

(Blair Mallory #2)

Blair Mallory has already survived one murder attempt. Now, while planning her wedding and dealing with holiday-season madness, Blair once again dodges a bullet. Or more precisely, a Buick. And though the driver's identity remains a mystery, his or her murderous intentions are all too clear.

Or are they? After all, Blair's homicidal ex-husband and his partner in crime/wife
Published November 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWallbanger by Alice ClaytonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
2,995 books — 6,645 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. RobbUnlawful Contact by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
1,966 books — 2,851 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Oh Wyatt. Why did you have to have a really big jerk moment in this book??? Sadly, that one moment that left lingering hurt feelings for Blair knocked this off as a favorite. The first book was so much better. I absolutely loved the first book. I think I would have this one as well if Wyatt hadn't crossed that line in a fight they had. I think I could have gotten over it faster if he had properly apologized, but that never happened. It was almost like we got a different Wyatt in book 2 than we d ...more
peachygirl
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I loved Blair and her epic lists!!
I never thought I'd like this first person narrative, but LH nailed it. Blair is so damn entertaining that I even overlooked her pettiness.
Wyatt is a jackass. Blair's words, not mine.
I wish she had made him grovel more for dumping her 2 years back. High maintenance or not, she deserved a proper explanation for his attitude and hell of a lot more than the half baked apology which she got. His protectiveness excuses the pomposity, but not always!
One thing both ha
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Blair Mallory series by Linda Howard. Blair Mallory and Wyatt Bloodsworth are getting married. But there are issues on the date. It looks like everyone has something going on that prevents Blair from setting the date. Wyatt gives Blair an ultimatum of one month (30 days) or Vegas here we come! So Blair gets busy and, when leaving the mall, someone tries to run her over. Wyatt blows it off as just a road rage incident but when other incidents happen, Blair realizes someone ...more
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 rated it did not like it
Not enjoyable because I did not like the heroine.

This is 2nd book in the series with Blair Mallory and Wyatt. The 1st book is "To Die For". I rated both of these books as 1 star because I disliked the Blair character so much. She was petty, mean, insincere and snotty. Some examples of her thoughts and actions follow. Page 11, she calls off the wedding because she doesn't like what her married name will be. Page 75, she argues with her fiance, insisting that she will need to reorganize his home s
Zeek
Dead Gorgeous- the continuation of the Blair and Wyatt show (mostly Blair Show) started in To Die For.

I am a Linda Howard fangirl all the way. I started reading her books ages ago with Heart of Fire. Back then her men were sexy, smart and strong- as were her women. Her plots were exciting- if fairly the same. Still, she had a way of making them into page turners and all night reads. I read her entire backlist and auto-bought her new releases. Sad to say, since Mr. Perfect, this has all changed f
Sunny
4.5 stars. This book was a joy to read. Totally un-PC, it is an entertaining story with a strong, opinionated, surprisingly self-aware heroine. My Favorite part? I adore how Wyatt adores Blair. I love the way he's all in and totally honest with her . He has a total Jackass-ish moment in this book that made my heart drop, but it worked. Thank God. I hope Linda Howard decides to write another book in the series.
Vintage
The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

The first rule when authors write a sequel is: You do not divulge the evil doer. The second rule when authors write a sequel is: You do not divulge the evil doer.

Goodreads or Linda Howard! There is a bleeding spoiler to To Die For on the blurb for the sequel! Poor form especially for one who is reading, as in me, the first book. And here I thought the evil villa
Bark
Mar 24, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I just finished listening to the unabridged audio version of this book and though I haven't read a Linda Howard book in quite awhile I was quite surprised to find that her writing has changed so much. This book was a contemporary quasi-mystery with a whole bunch of hot sex between the empty headed heroine and her blinded by lust alpha cop fiance. Apparently there was a book about these two that came before this one but as the synopsis reads like an exact copy of this book I'm sure not going out ...more
Melanie
Loved it!

..... (even more than 'To Die For')!

Okay, seriously Ms. Howard - you CAN'T let the tale of Blair Mallory-Bloodsworth end here... I just know Wyatt and Blair have a zany life together and I needwant to know about it!

Not to mention her awesome sisters... they totally need some love in their lives and I'd love to read about Sianna exploits ball-bustin' a bad ass and Jenna finding herself and road to self-redemption. Pretty please?
Cheri
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Blair irritated me to no end but still managed to crack me up. I loved Wyatt just as much as I did in To Die For. I wish LH would have written another one in this series. It all wrapped up so fast.
amanda s.
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ugh, how I adore this couple!

In this book, unusually, Howard grants us a sequel. A darn sequel! Haha we all know that most of the time, the 2nd book of the series is a like, a new story with new characters, right? Nope, not this time. :)

Blair and Wyatt's ready to get married. But, again, Blair becomes a target of a murderer. Can Wyatt protect her? Or will their wedding is cancelled?

Both Blair and Wyatt are darn stubborn and made me want to throw this book across the room. But at the same time,
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

The story pics up more or less where To Die For ended. Blair and Wyatt are getting married. When Wyatt realizes that the schedules of different members of their families are getting in the way of a rapidly organized wedding he gives Blair a 30 days dead line to get it done or else, he'll take her to Vegas.

Given her mile wide competitive strike, Blair doesn't waste time putting her wedding together and things seem to go along just fine until somebody tries to kill
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
I just wanted her to friggin DROP DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathleen
3 stars, max, but don't push it. Yeah, there are some good scenes. It's Howard, isn't it? That lady can write. We get vivid action (cars careening, guns blazing, fireballs flaming, etc), funny moments (sticky notes, PDS) and lots of sexy times (amazing Tantric sex scene in chapter 24!!) but oy vey...This book gave me a headache. I had a love-hate relationship with Wyatt, and Blair's constant drama just wore me out. I liked her alright -- just wouldn't want to live with her.

Plot: Wyatt stepped o
Lauren
Drop Dead Gorgeous
4.5 Stars

When her fiancé gives Blair Mallory a deadline for their wedding, she finds herself immersed in dresses, cakes, flowers and seating plans. However, an almost hit-and-run in a mall parking lot together with crank calls and a strange car convince Blair that she is being targeted once again. Wyatt, however, is skeptical. Who has it in for her now and can she convince Wyatt before it is too late?

An entertaining sequel with all of the humor, charm and sexy times that charac
Eve
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, sassy-heroine
Book #2 in Blair Mallory Series
Romantic Suspense / Contemporary Romance

I'm so glad that the characters were still themselves (unlike some other sequels I've read, where the characters seem to have morphed into different & boring people), and the pacing of the book was fast and hilarious.

Blair Mallory has just lost some footing in the jostling for the upper hand in her upcoming marriage to the Police Lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He gives her a drop-dead date of one month to plan their wedding or
Karla
I enjoyed this second book in the Blair Mallory series. She's back at it again. That endless banter that goes on in her mind, justifying her reasoning for her thinking, is so funny. Wyatt was his moody, sex crazed self and borderline mean to Blair, which I found somewhat disturbing. Okay she's a nut-case, but he knew what he was getting into with her. They both grew on me, I really loved the series and I wish it would continue. I could go for some more of the Bloodsworths!
Paige  Bookdragon
Well. What do you expect of Linda Howard?
Awesomeness, that is..

description

HJ
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
reread 3/2016

reread 2/2015

reread 1/2014
Bookish
I have to admit I was really doubtful at first that I would like Blair. Because she seemed like a drama queen & I always stay away from heroines like that because of past experiences with that type of characters. I picked up the first book after putting it down for 2 times, because I love Linda Howard's books and I had faith on her writing :D. Guess What! She didn't fail me :D :D :D

I just loved this series. Can's say enough about how much I loved "Blair Mallory" character. Yes she is a drama qu
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
So happy - one of my faves just dropped in price for the kindle version - yay!!!!
===============================================================
As I said in my review of the first one, this is pre-Rock Chick. So if you are a KA fan - you might want to check this out.
Sumeetha Manikandan
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a nutshell, I think both Blair and Wyatt were married to nut cases but it was worth a read because the protagonists were adorably drawn.
Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Another case where the audio fails to live up to the print (which was another five star read for me). Joyce Bean is a huge improvement over To Die For's Franette Liebow but it still doesn't rate a 5 star audio performance. Here's a short review from a Speaking of Audiobooks column titled The Funny Ones. Both To Die For and Drop Dead Gorgeous are extremely funny in print and audio.

To Die For by Linda Howard is one of my favorites and quite hilarious as well. Listening wasn’t as funny as reading t
Dana Stabenow
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book featuring Blair Mallory and totally unlike anything else Howard has written, mostly because of not-so-ditzy southern blonde Blair. Wyatt is the usual Howard alpha male but Blair is so much fun and no pushover. These books are almost capers, if capers can be murder mysteries.
Lori Robinett
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book would be a great summer beach read. It was light and fun (and spicy is spots), with a snarky heroine (Blair) and a hunky ex-pro football player/now cop as the love interest. A stalker is out to get Blair, who is getting married in 28 days and has no time to mess around with a would-be killer.

I enjoyed it.
Gina
Apr 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Hmm… was this what I was expecting?

Short answer: Yes. Now here’s the long answer.

Blair is as she is in the first book. I still find her ‘fluffy’ and vain. She makes big deals out of things that aren’t big deals, makes little out of something that should be a big deal. Knowing what she knew from before, I was really surprised by how Wyatt felt, denying that she was being targetted yet again, and the ensuing fight was a bad one. He said things that would have made me even more made than Blair was,
Thenia
It's a testament to Linda Howard's writing that I read the sequel of the story about a heroine I don't particularly like. Blair Mallory has just had an ordeal, what with someone trying to kill her and all, but is now happily engaged with police lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth.

Unfortunately, her troubles don't seem to be over yet, since she finds herself injured after someone tried to run her over. Scared, but without the support of her loved ones who don't really think someone's out to get her agai
Carolyn F.
Audiobook. Joyce Bean is the narrator and even though everybody says she has an over-the-top Southern voice, I liked it, but then my people are from Oklahoma and Texas and this is east coast Southern. Maybe there's a huge difference.

This is the 2nd book in the Blair Mallory series. After reading book #1 and her taking antiobiotics and birth control I thought this one would start out with her pregnant. Nope, tricky author! They're getting married but Wyatt has moved the date to a month out becau

• Smoke in Mirrors
  • Someone to Watch Over Me
  • Murder List (Buchanan, #4)
  • Mercy (Buchanan-Renard, #2)
  • Blind Faith (The Jigsaw Files Book 3)
  • Falling Awake
  • Night Whispers (Second Opportunities, #3)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • All Night Long
  • Sizzle (Buchanan-Renard, #8)
  • Close Up (Burning Cove #4)
  • Shadow Dance (Buchanan-Renard, #6)
  • Every Breath You Take  (Second Opportunities #4)
  • Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2)
  • Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Jackson Rule
  • Seduction Game (I-Team, #7)
  • Fire and Ice (Buchanan-Renard, #7)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance

Blair Mallory (2 books)
  • To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1)