Start by marking “Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)” as Want to Read:
Drop Dead Gorgeous (Blair Mallory, #2)

Drop Dead Gorgeous

(Blair Mallory #2)

Blair Mallory has already survived one murder attempt. Now, while planning her wedding and dealing with holiday-season madness, Blair once again dodges a bullet. Or more precisely, a Buick. And though the driver's identity remains a mystery, his or her murderous intentions are all too clear.

Or are they? After all, Blair's homicidal ex-husband and his partner in crime/wife
Published November 28th 2006 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2006)

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaWallbanger by Alice ClaytonBet Me by Jennifer CrusieMatch Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Humorous Romance Books
2,877 books — 6,465 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardAfter the Night by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareNaked in Death by J.D. Robb
Best Romantic Suspense
1,867 books — 2,533 voters

More lists with this book...

Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Blair Mallory series by Linda Howard. Blair Mallory and Wyatt Bloodsworth are getting married. But there are issues on the date. It looks like everyone has something going on that prevents Blair from setting the date. Wyatt gives Blair an ultimatum of one month (30 days) or Vegas here we come! So Blair gets busy and, when leaving the mall, someone tries to run her over. Wyatt blows it off as just a road rage incident but when other incidents happen, Blair realizes someone ...more
peachygirl
I loved Blair and her epic lists!!
I never thought I'd like this first person narrative, but LH nailed it. Blair is so damn entertaining that I even overlooked her pettiness.
Wyatt is a jackass. Blair's words, not mine.
I wish she had made him grovel more for dumping her 2 years back. High maintenance or not, she deserved a proper explanation for his attitude and hell of a lot more than the half baked apology which she got. His protectiveness excuses the pomposity, but not always!
One thing both ha
Zeek
Dead Gorgeous- the continuation of the Blair and Wyatt show (mostly Blair Show) started in To Die For.

I am a Linda Howard fangirl all the way. I started reading her books ages ago with Heart of Fire. Back then her men were sexy, smart and strong- as were her women. Her plots were exciting- if fairly the same. Still, she had a way of making them into page turners and all night reads. I read her entire backlist and auto-bought her new releases. Sad to say, since Mr. Perfect, this has all changed f
Vintage
The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.

The first rule when authors write a sequel is: You do not divulge the evil doer. The second rule when authors write a sequel is: You do not divulge the evil doer.

Goodreads or Linda Howard! There is a bleeding spoiler to To Die For on the blurb for the sequel! Poor form especially for one who is reading, as in me, the first book. And here I thought the evil villa
Jane Stewart
Sep 26, 2010 rated it did not like it
Not enjoyable because I did not like the heroine.

This is 2nd book in the series with Blair Mallory and Wyatt. The 1st book is "To Die For". I rated both of these books as 1 star because I disliked the Blair character so much. She was petty, mean, insincere and snotty. Some examples of her thoughts and actions follow. Page 11, she calls off the wedding because she doesn't like what her married name will be. Page 75, she argues with her fiance, insisting that she will need to reorganize his home s
Sunny
4.5 stars. This book was a joy to read. Totally un-PC, it is an entertaining story with a strong, opinionated, surprisingly self-aware heroine. My Favorite part? I adore how Wyatt adores Blair. I love the way he's all in and totally honest with her . He has a total Jackass-ish moment in this book that made my heart drop, but it worked. Thank God. I hope Linda Howard decides to write another book in the series.
Melanie
Loved it!

..... (even more than 'To Die For')!

Okay, seriously Ms. Howard - you CAN'T let the tale of Blair Mallory-Bloodsworth end here... I just know Wyatt and Blair have a zany life together and I needwant to know about it!

Not to mention her awesome sisters... they totally need some love in their lives and I'd love to read about Sianna exploits ball-bustin' a bad ass and Jenna finding herself and road to self-redemption. Pretty please?
Bark (Has Atrocious Taste)
I just finished listening to the unabridged audio version of this book and though I haven't read a Linda Howard book in quite awhile I was quite surprised to find that her writing has changed so much. This book was a contemporary quasi-mystery with a whole bunch of hot sex between the empty headed heroine and her blinded by lust alpha cop fiance. Apparently there was a book about these two that came before this one but as the synopsis reads like an exact copy of this book I'm sure not going out ...more
Cheri
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Once again Blair irritated me to no end but still managed to crack me up. I loved Wyatt just as much as I did in To Die For. I wish LH would have written another one in this series. It all wrapped up so fast.
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

The story pics up more or less where To Die For ended. Blair and Wyatt are getting married. When Wyatt realizes that the schedules of different members of their families are getting in the way of a rapidly organized wedding he gives Blair a 30 days dead line to get it done or else, he'll take her to Vegas.

Given her mile wide competitive strike, Blair doesn't waste time putting her wedding together and things seem to go along just fine until somebody tries
Amanda S.
Ugh, how I adore this couple!

In this book, unusually, Howard grants us a sequel. A darn sequel! Haha we all know that most of the time, the 2nd book of the series is a like, a new story with new characters, right? Nope, not this time. :)

Blair and Wyatt's ready to get married. But, again, Blair becomes a target of a murderer. Can Wyatt protect her? Or will their wedding is cancelled?

Both Blair and Wyatt are darn stubborn and made me want to throw this book across the room. But at the same time,
Pat Cromwell
Feb 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
I just wanted her to friggin DROP DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dana
Feb 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Favorite quote (pg 102)

"Is it time for your period, or something?"
With unerring instinct, he'd found a great big red button, and pushed it. Wyatt fights to win, which means he fights dirty. I understand the concept because that's how I fight, too, but understanding it didn't stop me from reacting. I could practically feel my blood bubbling with steam. "What?"
Kathleen
3 stars, max, but don't push it. Yeah, there are some good scenes. It's Howard, isn't it? That lady can write. We get vivid action (cars careening, guns blazing, fireballs flaming, etc), funny moments (sticky notes, PDS) and lots of sexy times (amazing Tantric sex scene in chapter 24!!) but oy vey...This book gave me a headache. I had a love-hate relationship with Wyatt, and Blair's constant drama just wore me out. I liked her alright -- just wouldn't want to live with her.

Plot: Wyatt stepped o
Lauren
Drop Dead Gorgeous
4.5 Stars

When her fiancé gives Blair Mallory a deadline for their wedding, she finds herself immersed in dresses, cakes, flowers and seating plans. However, an almost hit-and-run in a mall parking lot together with crank calls and a strange car convince Blair that she is being targeted once again. Wyatt, however, is skeptical. Who has it in for her now and can she convince Wyatt before it is too late?

An entertaining sequel with all of the humor, charm and sexy times that charac
Eve
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sassy-heroine, humor
Book #2 in Blair Mallory Series
Romantic Suspense / Contemporary Romance

I'm so glad that the characters were still themselves (unlike some other sequels I've read, where the characters seem to have morphed into different & boring people), and the pacing of the book was fast and hilarious.

Blair Mallory has just lost some footing in the jostling for the upper hand in her upcoming marriage to the Police Lieutenant Wyatt Bloodsworth. He gives her a drop-dead date of one month to plan their weddin
Karla
I enjoyed this second book in the Blair Mallory series. She's back at it again. That endless banter that goes on in her mind, justifying her reasoning for her thinking, is so funny. Wyatt was his moody, sex crazed self and borderline mean to Blair, which I found somewhat disturbing. Okay she's a nut-case, but he knew what he was getting into with her. They both grew on me, I really loved the series and I wish it would continue. I could go for some more of the Bloodsworths!
Paige  Bookdragon
Well. What do you expect of Linda Howard?
Awesomeness, that is..

description

HJ
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
reread 3/2016

reread 2/2015

reread 1/2014
Bookish
I have to admit I was really doubtful at first that I would like Blair. Because she seemed like a drama queen & I always stay away from heroines like that because of past experiences with that type of characters. I picked up the first book after putting it down for 2 times, because I love Linda Howard's books and I had faith on her writing :D. Guess What! She didn't fail me :D :D :D

I just loved this series. Can's say enough about how much I loved "Blair Mallory" character. Yes she is a dram
Kimberly
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
THEBEAM
ไมเคยอานเรืองไหนของลินดาทีสรรพนามเปน "ฉัน" มากอนเลย
เรืองนีเลาเรืองโดยนางเอก นางเปนสายฮา ไรสาระ ชอบเอาชนะ นารำคาญ แตทังหมดทีเปนนางเอก ทำใหเราชอบนางวะ 555
ชอบความคิดอะ เพียนไดอีก
สวนพระเอก เราไมเคยอานเลมแรกอะ เลยไมรุเปนไงมาไง แตก ตรง เถือน ตามสไตลพระเอกตำรวจของลินดาแหละ
ปมเรืองกไมมีไรมากนะ เดาไดเลยวาใคร หุหุ
Tetty Marlinda
#100 for 2017 RC
Genre: Suspense Romance
Sumeetha Manikandan
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
In a nutshell, I think both Blair and Wyatt were married to nut cases but it was worth a read because the protagonists were adorably drawn.
Alexa Ayana
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Blair dan Wyatt akhirnya akan menikah. Apakah itu membuat mereka langsung jadi pasangan happily ever after? Nope, kebahagian selalu harus di perjuangkan. Walaupun itu dari pasangan super adorable dan seksi seperti mereka. Belum lagi ancaman pembunuhan yang menodai kecantikan 1 bulan sebelum pernikahan ? Well well.. Cobaan tiada henti untuk pasangan ini.

Seri ini beneran menghibur. Suspense ringan dipadu dengan romance yang kuat, seksi, panas dan super kocak jelas membuat buku ini masuk dalam shor
Geo Marcovici
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lafel de ironica, dialoguri spumoase si gândire intortocheata!
Daca vrei o lectura care sa iti aduca zambetul pe fata, aceasta este cartea indicata!
ѕєяєηιтι
Bir cinayet girişiminden kurtulmuş birinin hemen arkası yeni bir cinayet girişimine maruz kalma şansı yada şanssızlığı nedir acaba! Blair'den başkasına da olması beklenemezdi zaten:D
Dana Stabenow
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book featuring Blair Mallory and totally unlike anything else Howard has written, mostly because of not-so-ditzy southern blonde Blair. Wyatt is the usual Howard alpha male but Blair is so much fun and no pushover. These books are almost capers, if capers can be murder mysteries.
Miralinda
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Вторая часть про Блэр неплоха,но понравилась меньше,чем первая. Под конец, начали все эти покушения казаться надуманными,высосанными из пальца.
  • Exposure
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • What She Doesn't Know
  • Extreme Danger (McClouds & Friends #5)
  • Willing (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #4; Mercenary Trilogy, #2)
  • Cops And ... Lovers?
  • Chosen Prey
  • Erotic Deception
  • Bodyguard
  • Caught In The Act (PI & Men to the Rescue #3)
  • Amanda
  • On Thin Ice (T-FLAC #6)
  • To Trust a Stranger
  • Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance

Blair Mallory (2 books)
  • To Die For (Blair Mallory, #1)
“Is it time for your period, or something?"

He turned around, all controlled aggression, and damned if he didn't push the button again. "What is it about having a period that makes women so bitchy?"

... It was an effort, but I said as sweetly as possible, "It isn't that we're bitchier, it's that having a period makes us feel all tired and achy, so we have less tolerance for all the bullshit we normally SUFFER IN SILENCE." By the time the sentence ended the sweetness was long gone, my jaw was clenched, and I think my eyes were bugging out.

Wyatt took a step back, belatedly looking alarmed.”
263 likes