Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1) Artemis Fowl discussion


239 views
I Didn't Like This Book.... AT ALL!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Artemis Fowl, isn't all that like people say. Nobody in my book club really liked it that much. It wasn't interesting, or that exciting.


Jasmine I loved this book :) I found Artemis to be someone I admired. He was so knowledgeable and articulate. *sigh*


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Aryll wrote: "Well, the series is definitely aimed at a younger audience (which bothered me when rereading it). And the first one really could have been much better. I tried reading the first one once and couldn..."

i am young. 11 years old, here.


Caroline Wow. You need to reread it.


message 5: by Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles (last edited Feb 24, 2012 01:22PM) (new) - added it

Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Caroline wrote: "Wow. You need to reread it."

no, i dont. or i might just throw up.


Jenny The series overall is pretty good.


Caroline Nya wrote: "Caroline wrote: "Wow. You need to reread it."

no, i dont. or i might just throw up."


whats soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad about it. the plot?


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles I just dont like it. It wasnt interesting, and it was just blah.com


Caroline why????


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles who wants to read about some kid named artemis that is searching for something stupid, and has a body guard that has a million different ways to kill you? NOT INTERESTING


Caroline not interested in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! more in the book

ha


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles well, to be honest i threw that book in the trash. never to be seen again.


Caroline well, who asked ?


Caroline who asked what you did with the book?? all books are to be treated with respect


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles no, not really. unless you are at school


Caroline yes, stop being rude to us who like this book


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles i am not being rude to those you like the book. and this is my discussion, so if you dont like the way i do things, sorry.


Caroline whatevr


CHARITY( chacha ) FERNANDEZ Michaela wrote: "Wow. This is like a hate fest. It's just a book, people."

...yeah right...


Sephinov It's a Children's Book! I can't tell you how obnoxious it is to read reviews from people who are, according to their profiles, looking for books like this and trying to compare them with LOTR or Other books of that nature. It's embarrassing. The book isn't supposed to be overly complex, it's for children. This story has to be something that a child can pick up and understand.


message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Nya wrote: "Artemis Fowl, isn't all that like people say. Nobody in my book club really liked it that much. It wasn't interesting, or that exciting."

u suck


message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Nya wrote: "no, not really. unless you are at school"

dude. really? the only things they make kids read at school are classics and junk. not books like artemis fowl. (what school did you go to, (if any)????).


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Kaleb wrote: "Nya wrote: "no, not really. unless you are at school"

dude. really? the only things they make kids read at school are classics and junk. not books like artemis fowl. (what school did you go to, (i..."


first of all, i dont like you. and second of all, im in middle school so we dont have to read all those lame books. get your facts straight.


message 25: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Dear God.
Please, stop the hate.

I don't agree with you Nya, but it doesn't really matter. We are entitled to our own opinions.

HOWEVER, your continuous flaming of the book without stating a reason why is annoying, pointless, and rather childish.
Not liking the book is one thing.
Ruining the experience for others is different.

I'd like to make one final request: Don't take the bait, all of you.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Jack wrote: "Dear God.
Please, stop the hate.

I don't agree with you Nya, but it doesn't really matter. We are entitled to our own opinions.

HOWEVER, your continuous flaming of the book without stating a reas..."


well, in the title it clearly says, 'i didnt like this book... at all' if you liked the book,you shoudlnt have clicked on this thread. and im allowed to say whatever i want about this book and not care what it does to everyone else. if you dont like it, too bad so sad.


message 27: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Nya wrote: "Jack wrote: "Dear God.
Please, stop the hate.

I don't agree with you Nya, but it doesn't really matter. We are entitled to our own opinions.

HOWEVER, your continuous flaming of the book without s..."

I figured I would just point out why I liked the book, and see if I could swing you around.

I don't see why you're sending me so much hate. I'm just trying to solve this in a calm, mature manner.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Jack wrote: "Nya wrote: "Jack wrote: "Dear God.
Please, stop the hate.

I don't agree with you Nya, but it doesn't really matter. We are entitled to our own opinions.

HOWEVER, your continuous flaming of the bo..."


first of all, i'm not hating you, i'm hating the book. and second of all, how do you know whether i'm a child or not. you dont even know my age. third of all, voicing my opinion in a strong way is not ruining other's experience.


message 29: by Jack (last edited Mar 10, 2012 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Nya wrote: "Jack wrote: "Nya wrote: "Jack wrote: "Dear God.
Please, stop the hate.

I don't agree with you Nya, but it doesn't really matter. We are entitled to our own opinions.

HOWEVER, your continuous flam..."

I never mentioned you were a child. I simply said I was trying to solve it in a mature way, and frankly, you're not acting very maturely.

And actually, continuously hating the book and unnecessarily informing people of your opinion in a rude manner is, in fact, "ruining the experience". Also, you could put off other prospective readers.

Edit: You actually did mention your age. You stated earlier you were 11 years old, and also implied that you read it for school.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles did i? anyways, i wouldnt want anyone else to suffer through this book. and maybe i'm not mature, but i dont care. because im very opinionated, outspoken, and if i have something to say, i will say it. and if that means scaring people away from this book, so be it.


message 31: by Jack (last edited Mar 10, 2012 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Nya wrote: "did i? anyways, i wouldnt want anyone else to suffer through this book. and maybe i'm not mature, but i dont care. because im very opinionated, outspoken, and if i have something to say, i will say..."
There's nothing wrong with being opinionated.

Intentionally ruining the book for others or scaring people away from it simply because of your opinions is wrong though.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles maybe for you. but not for me. and who said i was doing it intentionally? i was just voicing my opinion, which a lot of people disagree with. but hey? someone has to say it.


message 33: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Nya wrote: "maybe for you. but not for me. and who said i was doing it intentionally? i was just voicing my opinion, which a lot of people disagree with. but hey? someone has to say it."
Here's a direct quote from your last post.

"and if i have something to say, i will say it. and if that means scaring people away from this book, so be it. "

I think you're doing it intentionally.

Anyway, I'm done "arguing" over this topic.

Good bye, and good luck.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles im not. and i never argue. i only explain why im right. anyways, later.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles it's quite simple if you ask me. have you ever tried something that you just dont like? and your distaste for that thing is so bad you cant explain it? thats how it is with this book. it's indescribable how much i hate this book.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles no there isnt. i just dont like it. it was torture sitting there having to read it.


message 37: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Please don't start this again.

Chloe, your point is correct, but it's already been brought up before, to no avail.
As usual, Nya's defense is completely irrational.

But that's no reason to argue about it.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles for your information, we weren't arguing. we were discussing things in a civil manner.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Thanks Chloe. Some people just dont get it. Have a nice day/evening/night/morning to you too.


message 40: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack I think arguing and "discussing civilly" are interchangeable.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles Jack wrote: "I think arguing and "discussing civilly" are interchangeable."

No they are not.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles You're right Chloe. There is no "in the middle".


message 43: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Nya wrote: "Jack wrote: "I think arguing and "discussing civilly" are interchangeable."

No they are not."

I meant I use them that way.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles But I was not using them that way. You cant have a civil argument. At least not with me.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles If are discussing things civil manner. If things become uncivil, then it's an argument. But we are having a discussion.


message 46: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack But is there really that big of a difference between an argument and a discussion? Arguments aren't necessarily uncivil. They're just heated.


Nya Tomlinson-Horan-Malik-Payne-Styles There is a big difference where I come from. But I don't care.


Finkou Well at least its not as crappy like those twilight books.


Ojaswi The book is really good. Towards the end of the series it gets better. I don't understand why you don't like the book Nya and i doubt that a person can actually throw up by reading a book.


message 50: by Umar (new) - rated it 4 stars

Umar To be honest, I'm still not sure what my feelings are on this book. I'm having trouble deciding if I like it,love it,or hate it. I think I liked the book, but one thing I didn't like was that it switched points of view between Artemis and Holly constantly. I felt like I knew Holly more than Artemis. Artemis is one of those characters that I would love to see go through character development, which didn't happen much in the book. When I get a chance I'll try reading this book again.


« previous 1
back to top