Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Help finding new series? been almost a year since I last read!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie_cesca (new)

Sophie_cesca (sophiecesca) | 2 comments Hey! I'm new here, just joined and I'm rely rely relllly looking for a new series (preferably similar to mortal instruments! favourite of all time!). I had a bad summer which I stopped reading in, and haven't picked up a book since (excluding infernal devices, which I love too, though have stopped reading again and haven't finished it :/)
Recommendations?

Thank you bumpkins!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message 2: by Anne (new)

Anne Mikusinsi (abghostwriter) | 155 comments The Chicagoland Vampire Series by Chloe Neill is really excellent the first book is
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill
Let us know what you think!

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine , this series is really good. Also Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning is another great series.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) I'm really into Patricia Briggs's books Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs and Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs . They're more like Sookie Stackhouse books than mortal instruments, but they are *so* good!

message 5: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Hamlett (nicolehamlett) | 7 comments All of these series are AMAZING! I especially like anything by Patricia Briggs. However, have you tried Kelly Gay? She's a relatively new author and I really like her work. Kelly Gay

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine | 1127 comments If you're looking for YA suggestions I really like Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

I'll third the rec for Patricia Briggs and add Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews . Book one starts out a little slow, but it's totally worth it.

If you want more on the romance side, I'd try Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) Nicole wrote: "All of these series are AMAZING! I especially like anything by Patricia Briggs. However, have you tried Kelly Gay? She's a relatively new author and I really like her work. Kelly Gay"

Cool! I haven't heard of that series. Guess the TBR pile just got a little bigger, lol.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 241 comments So it sounds like you are like YA.

Try

My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1) by H.D. Gordon Eden (Eden, #1) by Janelle Stalder Winter's Awakening The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1) by Karen Luellen Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Masquerade by Cambria Hebert Significance (Significance, #1) by Shelly Crane

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Scott (michellescottfiction) I've started Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor and am really enjoying it as well.

message 10: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Storm (jennastorm) | 9 comments I just started to read Leslie Parrish. I bought the second book and now I'm going to download book one. It's the Extrasensory Agents series.

I'm going to check out the Patricia Briggs and Ilona Andrews now!

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 225 comments I highly recommend Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series! It starts with Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead . There are six books in the series and it is finished. It is one of my all time favorites!

message 12: by Lanie (new)

Lanie Malone | 39 comments I like both of Patricia Briggs' series, Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega.

message 13: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments I'd suggest The Night Huntress series by Frost. Not a big series (6 so far), sexy, lots of action, good mix of characters, laughs, and smooth read.

The Sookie Stackhouse series by Harris is a longer series (12 so far), but the books are shorter. Lots of characters, laughs, sexy, some action, easy reads.

Jane Jameson series by Harper is on book 4, and is funny. Only a few characters, fairly clean sex & language wise, plenty of family squabbles.

Argeneau series by Sands. Tons of laughs, sexy, some action. Easy reads, on book 15.

VV Inn series by CJ Ellison is funny, but definately adult sex, with some action.

Vampire Beach series by Alex Duval is a YA series that is good. Very short books, but smooth reads.