Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

General Discussion > Discussion & Questions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 481 (481 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
This is the place where you can move all your off-topic talk, so you dont clog up a free flowing role play.

Plus, you can ask questions (Moderator responses will be in bold)

message 2: by JumpStreet_ (new)

JumpStreet_ | 58 comments What if you are away for a while, like your computer has to get fixed for two weeks, or you're grounded? can someone play your role for a while until you get back on?

message 3: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Mylan :D _I love skiing_ wrote: "What if you are away for a while, like your computer has to get fixed for two weeks, or you're grounded? can someone play your role for a while until you get back on?"

As far as I am concerned, Mylan, if you approve a specific person to take control of your character and everyone is properly notified, I see no problem with that happening.
Just know that you have given control of your character to someone else who may not have the same things in mind for your character, so when the person returns, they have to deal with whatever happened while they were away and another person controlled their character.
I believe the other moderators will share my opinion on this subject.

message 4: by ★ Jess (new)

A question from Emily:

sorry to be so unknowledgable about RPs, but does it read like a description about what the tributes are doing without any emotions
i.e Bill walked slowly into the room and grabbed a spear.
Or like a passage from a books
i.e Bill walked slowly into the room, his palms sweating, and his face flushed from the nervousness that had overcome him. He would give anything to be back in his home in district X, around the fire with his family. He picked up a spear, his hands shanking etc

Its like you are writing your own book; emotion is good to show us what your character is like. Just dont write like a thousand words in one response :)

message 5: by £mily (last edited Mar 04, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments Hi guys, I'm just letting you know that Mylan :D _I love skiing_ cannot access her computer and has authorized me to control her tribute for the time being. That means I will be controlling 2 tributes, Mylan from district 2, and my own one, Laia from district 10. Is this ok?

message 6: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Thanks for letting us know! That's exactly what you need to do when that happens.

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Alliances are made by messaging the person you would like to ally with. If you do form an alliance, please tell us on the Alliances thread.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi what is this Hunger games thing? How do you become a part of it?

message 9: by Kate (last edited Mar 11, 2012 12:30PM) (new)

Kate | 8205 comments It's a role play that we are doing in anticipation of the Hunger Games movie coming out. Unfortunately you missed the deadline to join, but it can still be fun to watch it unfold.

message 10: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments Ummm... How does the killing thing work? We can't just kill a person or mention the killing of a person during RP right? As in 'I threw the knife and it split his head like a melon.' or 'As I ran away from the Cornucopia, I saw a tribute fall with a spear in his back.' Stuff like that...How does it work? Can we have more than one alliances

message 11: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments Could we get a more definite description of the arena. 'Cuz everybody is interpreting it in their own way. And it kind of maKES IT HARD TO FOLLOW

message 12: by ET (new)

ET | 81 comments I agree with Vishal.

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Et, I'm sorry, but you're not in the Hunger Games. The deadline was a while ago.

Everyone is interpreting it differently because at the moment, you can't see any more of the arena than what is described in the first post of the Pre-Games Thoughts topic, which is purposeful. All there is to see is really high cement walls, so people's imaginations are filling in the rest. They may or may not be right, but this is all in your tributes' heads. You will get a more detailed description before you are able to go anywhere.

message 14: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments Nice! I did not think of the 'everything in the tributes heads' angle. Thanks for clearing that.
And well, the killing part?

message 15: by ★ Jess (last edited Mar 11, 2012 10:13PM) (new)

The killing part (which will be explained more once the games really kick off):

Every week or so (give or take a couple of days), a poll will be put up with tributes names. It may contain anywhere from 24 to 2 names. Every participant will vote for the Tribute they want to kill off, whoevers name receives the most votes will then write a death scene.

This is where alliances become really useful; as you can all gang up on another Tribute and ensure your own safety for another week.

message 16: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments Can we include that tribute's death after the poll and his own death scene.

message 17: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments What about unclaimed/inactive tributes

message 18: by ★ Jess (new)

Inactive tributes will be killed in Game Makers attacks (or allocated to an active tribute with a high training score, who can kill them.) However, there will be plenty of warning to the inactive member.

There was only one unclaimed Tribute (the district 9 boy), who was given a profile & interview by a mod, but will die at the blood bath.

message 19: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 315 comments This is going to be very very interesting, lol.
Out of curiosity, who are the game-makers?

message 20: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments The Moderators I guess

message 21: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments When will the games start?

message 22: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) RIGHT...NOW!

message 23: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments Do we get to chose what we pick up at the cornucopia?

message 24: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) I don't know, we might have to fight for them. I can do hand to hand combat so that's alright for me. We'll see...

message 25: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments Can I take weapons or supplies from the Cornucopia?

message 26: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Anything you can find.

message 27: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Come on guys, let's get this game moving! We gotta have more people posting on the games!

message 28: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments Yeah!

message 29: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Hey, a question for the mods, what animals are in the maze for food?(considering no animal naturally lives in a maze)

The Peregrine Shepherd | 91 comments Kyle! wrote: "Come on guys, let's get this game moving! We gotta have more people posting on the games!"

Awww.... I'd love to but I haven't read the series yet!!

message 31: by Kyle (last edited Mar 15, 2012 02:47AM) (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) ahh what? This is the thread for the Hunger Game Role Play on this group. Not discussion about the book series. About the Role Play game. Don't stress, but still.. Lol. I was talking about people posting about how they started the hunger games in this Role Play (what they got at the Cornucopia and such).

message 32: by ★ Jess (new)

Kyle! wrote: "Hey, a question for the mods, what animals are in the maze for food?(considering no animal naturally lives in a maze)"

I just updated the first post with that info. There are rats and mice and a few birds, little things like that. You may be really hungry, or have to rely on Sponsor gifts if you are not a good hunter.

The Peregrine Shepherd | 91 comments Haha. Not stressing. Although I do tend to be a stressful kinda person. :) And I've been reading your role play and it sounds great. It certainly makes me want to read the books.

message 34: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) Yeah, it's gonna be good. Though, personally, the books are a lot better. We are after all a bunch of teenagers online. We might be slightly good, but no where near as good as the books. Mind you, the first Hunger Games book. Brilliant. The second.. Not quite as brilliant. The Third.... No where near as good as the first, but better than the second. But still, it's a good series.

message 35: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments Actually, I thought the 3rd was the weakest in the series, not the 2nd

message 36: by Kyle (last edited Mar 15, 2012 04:19AM) (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) I think it did better because there was more stuff happening and there was a twist. Not much really THAT shocking or interesting happened in the second one. Though you probably don't like the last one as much because of how she killed a 'certain character' (to avoid spoilers), off. I didn't like it, but it made for a good story. Is that why you didn't like the third?

message 37: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments She killed many 'certain characters' off, but that wasn't my problem with the book. It seemed to be in a completely different tone, with Katniss a completely different character. I didn't like the whole last section. It was still a good book, I just didn't like it as much as the others.

message 38: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments I agree with Emily.
I liked the second more than the third

message 39: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) You can post as many times as you like, but just wait maybe for some other people to post between, so maybe you can add to their story or something.

message 40: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments @Nels If the green liquid is greek fire. How did your pants not catch fire when it was leaking out of the vial

message 41: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments @Vishal Wow! Dude your last post was really awesome.

message 42: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments @Vishal Thanks Dude I really liked it too

message 43: by Vishal (new)

Vishal | 76 comments @Everybody I like compliments :P

message 44: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments How long until the poll (where we vote for the tribute that will die) goes up?

message 45: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 90 comments Ahaha Vishal :) Your last post made me laugh.

message 46: by ★ Jess (new)

Emily wrote: "How long until the poll (where we vote for the tribute that will die) goes up?"

<>Its a secret ;)

☆~Nels~ Death by reading~★ (nelbluewolf) | 4 comments Vishal wrote: "@Nels If the green liquid is greek fire. How did your pants not catch fire when it was leaking out of the vial"

Hey, I'm making it up while I go along, let's say its not as strong as the normal Greek fire, and needs a bit of heat to get it started, a bit warmer then body heat!

message 48: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) ★ Jess wrote: "Emily wrote: "How long until the poll (where we vote for the tribute that will die) goes up?"

Its a secret ;)"

Well, it'll probably be by the end of the weekend, because didn't you say that there is a poll every week?

message 49: by Caity1616 (new)

Caity1616 | 41 comments Emily wrote: "How long until the poll (where we vote for the tribute that will die) goes up?"
That sounds funny and strange when you say how long till we vote who will die next.

message 50: by Kyle (new)

Kyle LJ (kylelj) It's kind of like waiting for the Reaping to begin in the book. Except nobody has any control over who gets to die.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10