The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

SPRING CHALLENGE 2012: FIRE > 15.7 - Spring Into Action!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina Simon (last edited Feb 17, 2012 09:15PM) (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10973 comments Mod
15.7 - Spring Into Action!
Read an action/adventure book. Either the genre "action" or the genre "adventure" (or both) must appear on the book's main GRs page for it to fulfill this task.

message 2: by Kristina Simon (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Kristina Simon (new)

placeholder

message 4: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments i'd like to read The Elephant Keeper for this task, and it DOES have "adventure" listed as a genre on it's main page. however, it's the very last genre listed, and it's only got 2 users who classified it as such....my question is, what if the "adventure" tag goes away before i post the finished task? can i still claim it, since it's on there now, when i'm starting the book?

thanks for your help! :)

message 5: by Kristina Simon (new)

kiki wrote: "i'd like to read The Elephant Keeper for this task, and it DOES have "adventure" listed as a genre on it's main page. however, it's the very last genre listed, and it's only got 2 u..."

You can still use it. Just note in your completed task that the adventure tag was there when you started the book.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (moragepona) | 124 comments City of Masks should work fine, for the adventure tag, right?

message 7: by kiki (new)

kiki (keekers) | 821 comments Kristi (Passion for the Page) wrote: "kiki wrote: "i'd like to read The Elephant Keeper for this task, and it DOES have "adventure" listed as a genre on it's main page. however, it's the very last genre listed, and it's..."

thank you! i actually posted the task yesterday, and the adventure tag WAS still there, so i didn't make a note of it. if it comes up in the "posts with problems" thread, i'll make the note. thanks again! :)

message 8: by Kristina Simon (new)

Sarah wrote: "City of Masks should work fine, for the adventure tag, right?"

Yes, that'll work.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris (chrismd) | 967 comments Would Maniac Magee work for this task? While it's primarily listed as YA, Adventure does appear on the list of genres.

message 10: by Kristina Simon (new)

Chris wrote: "Would Maniac Magee work for this task? While it's primarily listed as YA, Adventure does appear on the list of genres."

Yes, that works.

message 11: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 173 comments Hi. What do you mean by GR main page? I was going to read Four to Score It does have both action and adventure listed, but I have to call up the list of shelves. Is that acceptable?

message 12: by Kristina Simon (new)

Nicola wrote: "Hi. What do you mean by GR main page? I was going to read Four to Score It does have both action and adventure listed, but I have to call up the list of shelves. Is that acceptable?"

No, sorry, that won't work. The book's main page is the one that has the picture of the book's cover, the plot description, and the top 10 genres that book has been shelved as (the page you land on when you click the book's title from the search page). For this task, the genre action or adventure must show up in the top 10 genres on that main page.

message 13: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 173 comments That's what I thought, but decided to check anyway. Thanks.