Connecting Readers and Writers discussion

Reader's Station > What character would you like to meet?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Everly (new)

Everly Anders | 207 comments Mod
What character would you most like to meet and why? No, you may not all say Edward from Twilight!

I think I have to go with Thomas from The Maze Runner. I think I want to stop and talk to him between book 1 and 2. I want to tell him that he is doing an impossibly good job and to keep up the good work.

What about you?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane Eyre definitely would be the top female character I'd most like to meet. I could learn a lot from her, especially considering that she's only eighteen when she goes to Thornfield. Anyway, ever since I first read the book, I've always felt like she and I had something in common.

For a male character, one of the heroes in James Byron Huggins' books. Hard to pick which one! Probably Nathaniel Hunter from Hunter.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Findley | 110 comments I don't want to plug a book here, because I haven't even finished writing it, but I have assembled a cast of favorite book characters, some of them who are just minor characters. I really wanted to spend more time with them so I am inventing futures for them. Mowgli from the Jungle Book, Prince Florizel from the Suicide Club, Mac Campbell from Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom, Zambo from The Lost World ... and there are more. It's so much fun getting to know people in books!

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Castle (dianecastle) | 19 comments Irene Adler, the only woman to outwit Sherlock Holmes! Rachel McAdams played her in the latest Sherlock films, but my favorite portrayal of her is in the books by Carole Nelson Douglas. I think she does the best job interpreting the character from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original work.

message 5: by Gerald (new)

Gerald Griffin (authorgeraldggriffin) | 306 comments Jonathan J. Ash. Cool and collected!

message 6: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Thorson (jennthorson) | 46 comments I was thinking about this the other day. Like Michayla, I'm a big Jane Eyre fan. I also love Atticus Finch.

But I think if I were meeting a character for, say, fascinating dinner conversation I might enjoy talking to Tony Hill of Val McDiarmid's novels. Eccentric, no end of layers, interesting cases to discuss... And none of the inevitable problems you'd get with having dinner with, say, Adrian Monk. :)

message 7: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments Win, from the Myron Bolitar series, written by Harlan Coben.

Jeremiah Talon

Dr. Nick Franklin

Oh, Girls too? Uh, Rosalie Cullen.

Paula

message 8: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments OH, OH...I forgot one - Patrick Bowers from the Steven James series.

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece Classic book...Weaver from Precious Bane, and Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights...rrowwrrr :)

message 10: by Nora aka Diva (new)

Nora aka Diva (DuctTapeDiva) Odd Thomas, from the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz.

message 11: by Greg (new)

Greg Scowen (gregscowen) Jean Valjean, Mr. Darcy, Ross Poldark and James Onedin (and about a hundred other characters out of period fiction).

Woman... hmm, Eponine (also Les Mis, she loves so determined).

message 12: by Allison (new)

Allison Levine (allisonblevine) | 55 comments I would like to meet Jay Gatsby and tell him that Daisy is just not good for him. Poor poor guy, broke my heart a little.

message 13: by Lynxie (last edited Feb 25, 2012 01:29AM) (new)

Lynxie | 95 comments Sicarius from Lindsay Buroker's The Emperor's Edge series The Emperor's Edge (The Emperor's Edge #1) by Lindsay Buroker and Encrypted Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker .

Of course I'd want to be on his good side, like Amaranthe... not meeting him in a dark alley or anything like that :D

For those of you who've read Lindsay's stories, you'll know what Sicarius is like, I just can't get enough of him... I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't read the stories...I LOVE Sicarius!!

message 14: by Julie (new)

Julie Reece Severus Snape

message 15: by Clare (new)

Clare Ashton | 28 comments Lisbeth Salander. The conversation is likely to be dire, but maybe she could hack into Amazon and stick my book at number 1!

message 16: by Paula (new)

Paula Millhouse (pmillhouse) | 133 comments Clare wrote: "Lisbeth Salander. The conversation is likely to be dire, but maybe she could hack into Amazon and stick my book at number 1!"

Funny you mention this, Clare - I'm reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as we speak for my local book club.

(I catch myself skimming ahead to the parts with her in it.)

Have you read the rest of the series and should I venture forth?

Paula

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Minnie Jackson and Celia Rae Foote from The Help and Dumbledore from the Harry Potter series.

message 18: by Clare (new)

Clare Ashton | 28 comments Paula wrote: "Clare wrote: "Lisbeth Salander. The conversation is likely to be dire, but maybe she could hack into Amazon and stick my book at number 1!"

Funny you mention this, Clare - I'm reading The Girl Wit..."

I'm really kicking myself about this series. I watched the film (Swedish version) of Tattoo after reading it, and then ended up watching all three of them. I'm hopeless at reading books I've already seen the film version of so I haven't read any further. If you don't mind subtitles, I can really recommend the films though - just for enjoying the fantastic settings if nothing else.

message 19: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Baxter (smallblondehippy) | 50 comments Elle wrote: "What character would you most like to meet and why? No, you may not all say Edward from Twilight!

Lol! Could I meet Bella though? I'd like to tell her to get a grip and that having a boyfriend who watches her sleep is NOT cool!

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Baxter (smallblondehippy) | 50 comments Julie wrote: "Severus Snape"

Ooh, good answer. I'd like to meet him too. I think he'd probably intimidate me a bit though.

I'd like to meet Samwise Gamgee. I'd have a quiet pint with him down the Green Dragon and talk about gardening and other boring topics.

message 21: by Ron (new)

Ron Heimbecher (RonHeimbecher) | 42 comments LeCarre's George Smiley. Brilliant, understated, human, believable.

message 22: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Hay (michealarthurjameshay) | 7 comments Those have all been good choices, but I'd have to say I'd be James from "The Guardian."
Lol, sorry. Why wouldn't I choose my own character though?

message 23: by Wesley (new)

Wesley Clarke | 10 comments The main character from 'Malice in Blunderland' - you never know his name. Should be Mr. Badluck lol I wish he was real (however I have to wonder how much of him is autobiographical cos of the authors blog)

message 24: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 15 comments I definitely want to meet Jericho Barrons from the Fever Series. I would love to just listen to him talk and stare. Yummy.

message 25: by Karl (new)

Karl Fields (karl_fields) | 5 comments Philip Marlowe

message 26: by Juliann (new)

Juliann Whicker I've always had a crush on the safety pin guy from Don't Care High. His hotness lies in his anti-hotness, which as you know, is totally hot. And he built his own car.

That Slytherin Girl Reads  (shereadsatnight) I'd love to meet Prince Ash from the Iron Fey series. :D Totally swoon-worthy!