Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel discussion


63 views
Read or not too Read???

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shaz I would like to read The Infernal Device, however would that mean that I would have to read the Mortal Instrument series first, as The Infernal Device is the prequel???
:)


Jack I read the first three of The Mortal instruments before I read Clockwork Angel, and I actually think you're better off reading The Infernal Devices first.


Shaz Cara wrote: "I read the first three of The Mortal instruments before I read Clockwork Angel, and I actually think you're better off reading The Infernal Devices first."

Do they both link together???


Brittany yes, The infernal devices is about the ancestors of the characters in The Mortal Instruments and they are linking up in the last three books of the Mortal Instruments.


Shaz Brittany wrote: "yes, The infernal devices is about the ancestors of the characters in The Mortal Instruments and they are linking up in the last three books of the Mortal Instruments."

which one should be read first???
The Infernal Device or
Mortal Instruments
Which would make more sense??


Brittany The Infernal Devices is a prequel to TMI. So it makes more sense to read it that way. However, most people are reading them both at the same time, as in they read them as they are released.


message 7: by Shaz (last edited Feb 16, 2012 02:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shaz Brittany wrote: "The Infernal Devices is a prequel to TMI. So it makes more sense to read it that way. However, most people are reading them both at the same time, as in they read them as they are released."

ohh, okay, thankyou :)


Shay I read the infernal devices first and then started the mortal instruments. I'm actually glad I did that.


Shaz Rike' wrote: "I read the infernal devices first and then started the mortal instruments. I'm actually glad I did that."

What is the Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments about??? :)


Hannah Cassandra Clare has said there no real order in which to read them but if u were to read the first three MI books first the ID then the fouth MI then CP and alternate after that I think that's the idea but it isn't necessary. I read the whole MI before ID and it didn't change anything for me :)


Marisa I would definitely read The Infernal Devices first.But it is going to be a while until you can finish the series because the second book just came out last month and the third book wont come out until 2014. Still I would read The Infernal Devices first


message 12: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack I don't think we'll be waiting until 2014....


Tania The Infernal Devices third book is coming out in 2013... So far Cassandra said that hopefully by march...

I think that u can read City of Bones, City of Ashes and City of Glass first.
Then read Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince... Then u can read City of Fallen Angels... It won't spoil u anything, but it will make some things clearer (:


message 14: by Jack (last edited Feb 17, 2012 12:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Cassie said on tumblr earlier this week that there was no set release date:

http://cassandraclare.tumblr.com/post...

But that between march and September was likely. :) I just had to remember where I saw it.


Brittany hmmm... here it says holiday season of 2012 for clockwork princess.
http://cassandraclare.com/cms/faqs-ol...


message 16: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack Why does it have different dates for paperback/hardback? My copy of clockwork prince is what I'd call paperback, and it says first edition.


Shaz What are they both about???


george ☽ READ IT! I read Clockwork Angel before I read the Mortal Instruments series, and it really doesn't matter.


message 19: by Menna (last edited Feb 18, 2012 03:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Menna My opinion is that YOU SHOULD READ IT! Seriously. Breathtaking. You don't have to read the Mortal Instrument series because its a prequel or anything. I didn't even read the Mortal Instrument series.
But, really you're missing out a lot if you don't read this. I love this series. Recommended.


Faith Lowery Mos def read the prequels first if you can.
Since we're still waiting on more to publish... Can't hurt to read them both. It will all make sense how they tie together once you've read a bit of both anyway.

I read mortal instruments first.... I did just fine. ;) LOVE BOTH by the way.


Tessa Brittany wrote: "yes, The infernal devices is about the ancestors of the characters in The Mortal Instruments and they are linking up in the last three books of the Mortal Instruments." I think you are wrong, I'm glad i read the mortal instruments first, because i liked recognizing the people in the infernal devices. Of course it can go the other way around as well, but I would really recommend to read the mortal instruments first.


message 22: by Dana (last edited Feb 28, 2012 01:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana I read TID first and that made me want to read TMI to see how they connect, I am on book 4 now... I like that I read TID first (or the first two at least) because now I know what I do and I can make connections that I don't think would come as easy the other way around...

Update... There will be a series coming later that takes place 5 years after TMI, it will feature some charaters from the other series but just cameos. We have the past with ID and present TMI and now the future with TDA (The Dark Artficies (I think) ... Main character is called Emma Carstairs and takes place in LA (Jem's last name anyone????)


Mealias Shazzywazzy10 wrote: "Brittany wrote: "yes, The infernal devices is about the ancestors of the characters in The Mortal Instruments and they are linking up in the last three books of the Mortal Instruments."

which one ..."

i think i would have enjoyed infernal devices more if i read them BEFORE mortal instruments.
so yeah, my advice: read infernal devices first (but you're gonna have to wait for clockwork princess before you get to read the mortal instruments) :)


Kayla I didn't even know about TMI until after I read Clockwork Angel. But I read CoB-CoFA before I read Clockwork Prince... So I didn't really read it in any order. So to me, it doesn't matter when you read em!


Fatema i think it would be really helpful to read the infernal devices first because it is about the ancestors of the characters in the mortal instruments series


back to top