Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > You know it's going to be a good day when...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 245 (245 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Jammies (new)

Jammies the bakery downstairs is giving away mini cupcakes!

message 2: by Heidi (last edited Feb 16, 2012 10:11AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments You know it's going to be a good day when you hit every single green light on the way in to work and traffic is not stop-&-go. :)

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Your dog wakes you up being sweet and affectionate instead of with the usual rambunctious "I gotta GOOO!" nudges.

message 4: by Jammies (new)

Jammies When Heiderson posts to your topic!

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments DAHH!!! :)

message 6: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments ...you're invited to be a guest speaker at a high school graduation ceremony.

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments you went to sleep at 11:30 PM and slept through to 6 AM without waking up once.

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee | 703 comments You stop by and had a nice "chat" with your dad...five years ago today we lost him.

RIP

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments Not illegal, but increasingly rare. especially with 2 new 11 wk old kittens in the house. but laughs aplenty.

message 10: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4289 comments Michele wrote: "Not illegal, but increasingly rare. especially with 2 new 11 wk old kittens in the house. but laughs aplenty."

Easier than two 11 week old babies !

message 11: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments ...when, not just one, but TWO of your friends have baby girls on the same day and both before the noon hour. Color me seriously joyful. :D

message 12: by evie (new)

evie (ecie) | 4289 comments Births and weddings .Happy times.

message 13: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Congrats, Heidi!

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments no headache upon awaiting.

message 15: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments waking up to kitty kisses.

message 16: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments ...when you drank yourself into a dizzy stupor and wake up without a hangover.

message 17: by Tyas (new)

Tyas Effendi (tyas_effendi) | 15 comments ...when a publishing house call me and tell me: Hey, we will publish your novel! Please send the soft copy!

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Congrats Tyas.

message 19: by Tyas (new)

Tyas Effendi (tyas_effendi) | 15 comments Jim wrote: "Congrats Tyas."

Thank you, Jim ;D

message 20: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6027 comments Amber ~Geektastic~ wrote: "...when you drank yourself into a dizzy stupor and wake up without a hangover."

That's the power of youth.

message 21: by Emily (new)

Emily Elst (emily_elst) | 1032 comments ...when you wake up to the sound of rain on the roof instead of to a bleeping alarm clock

message 22: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Emily wrote: "...when you wake up to the sound of rain on the roof instead of to a bleeping alarm clock"

Ohhh yes! I like that one. :)

message 23: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11665 comments Is Brandon Raber someone you work with and are pissed off at?

message 24: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments ...it's 4/20 and you can make jokes like this all day:

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24258 comments Mod
I do too!

message 26: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments ...I receive my health insurance cards in the mail after two years of no coverage! Woo! I can go to the doctor if I get sick! It is inordinately exciting.

message 27: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yay Amber ~Geektastic~!

message 28: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments ~Geektastic~ wrote: "...I receive my health insurance cards in the mail after two years of no coverage! Woo! I can go to the doctor if I get sick! It is inordinately exciting."

This really shouldn't be this exciting, but I'm very happy for you!

message 29: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments janine wrote: " ~Geektastic~ wrote: "...I receive my health insurance cards in the mail after two years of no coverage! Woo! I can go to the doctor if I get sick! It is inordinately exciting."

This really should..."

Lol, you're right, it shouldn't be so exciting, but it really is. I've been paranoid about every little cold since I went and took that stupid secretarial job and had no benefits.

message 30: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

That's great !!! It's sad that we have to actually congratulate you on something that every American should automatically have a right to. But that's our great nation.

message 31: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Zardoz is in the Tardis wrote: "Geektastic,
May your benefits be good and your co-pays low. How is the situation coming along with your mom?"

I'm certainly answering this a bit late. My mom is doing well, although she is on my couch which I'm sure is not what she would prefer (it's certainly not what I prefer, but such is life). The biggest issue right now is her constant grating on my husband's nerves. She can be difficult, as much as I love her.

message 32: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments It's going to be a good day when you walk the dog early in the morning and you're NOT covered with sweat.

message 33: by Narendra (new)

Narendra (curiousone) When you got interesting group rules on right side of your screen which says watch your(wait a minute is that right ??) spellings.

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17333 comments Mod
Why is that funny?

message 35: by Jammies (last edited Jul 24, 2012 12:50PM) (new)

Jammies The topic isn't "You know it's going to be a funny day when..." it's a good day.

Narendra, welcome to TC, and yes, that's the correct spelling for the possessive form of your.

message 36: by Sally, la reina (new)

You know it is going to be a good day when your loca moderator is drinking Corona before five.

message 37: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) moderator loca.

message 38: by Sally, la reina (new)

Actually, it makes for a lame day because I passed out on the sofa about an hour and a half ago. Stupid Corona!

message 39: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments Sally wrote: "You know it is going to be a good day when your loca moderator is drinking Corona before five."
Oh Sweet Jesus on a stick.

message 40: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Cynthia wrote: "Sally wrote: "You know it is going to be a good day when your loca moderator is drinking Corona before five."
Oh Sweet Jesus on a stick."

Can you get that at the Iowa State Fair?

message 41: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments Probably.

message 42: by Narendra (new)

Narendra (curiousone) Jammies wrote: "The topic isn't "You know it's going to be a funny day when..." it's a good day.

Narendra, welcome to TC, and yes, that's the correct spelling for the possessive form of your."

Thanks,Jammies.

message 43: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments Jim wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "Sally wrote: "You know it is going to be a good day when your loca moderator is drinking Corona before five."
Oh Sweet Jesus on a stick."

Can you get that at the Iowa State Fair?"

I understand from the Des Moines Register that this year for the first time you can get a bacon-wrapped corn dog at the state fair. Good Lord. Kind of wish Dr. Cynthia was a cardiologist.

message 44: by Narendra (new)

Narendra (curiousone) Sally wrote: "Why is that funny?"

It's funny because I don't speak English and I do watch my spellings.

message 45: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Paschen | 7125 comments It's a good day when your spouse lets you have the last of the coffee all to yourself.

message 46: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments It's a good day when a few hours into the workday you aren't wishing someone would invent a way to punch people through the telephone.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

You know it is going to be a good day when you are brought breakfast in bed and it isn't 'Mothers Day'!

message 48: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Awww.

message 49: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 27, 2012 04:27PM) (new)

You know it is going to be a good day when two lanes are closed on the M2 (a major arterial road into Sydney) because a mother duck is taking her 5 ducklings for a stroll along it. When the ducks finally left the M2 they proceeded down Epping Road, another major road, more lane closures. :)

message 50: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

That is so sweet.

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.