Cozy Mysteries discussion

Reading Challenges > 2012 Cozy Themes Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 208 (208 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 16, 2012 10:15AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) | 1559 comments Mod
Time for a new challenge ladies (and gentlemen). I got the idea from the Cozy-Mystery.com website. The website graciously lists a variety of cozy themes, and has broken down each theme into lists of books by either authors (alphabetically) or by category. So if you can't find a book on your own to fit any of the themes, please check out the website for ideas. Direct link to the themed page: http://www.cozy-mystery.com/Cozy-Myst... We also have several threads here in the group that might help you find books for various themes.

For this challenge you will need to read 10 books, one for each category/theme. You can read more, but you only need to read one each. You can choose your books before you start, change them later as you go along.

Duration: Starts Feb 16th - July 31st

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - Books that take place in the United Kingdom countries of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

#2 Historical/Period - Any book that takes place prior to 1940.

#3 Animals - Any book with an animal as a main character, subject of the book, book takes place in a pet shop, stable, etc.

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Food themed mysteries.

#5 Paranormal - Anything centered around the occult, witches, vampires, werewolves, Psychics, ghosts, etc.

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations - Any book that takes place outside the United States and/or outside the country in which you live.

#7 Holidays - Any holiday themed mystery.

#8 Hobbies - Any mystery that centers around a hobby, craft, sport, etc.

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - Any mystery that centers on or highlights a particular job. Doesn't matter if the job is that of the person murdered, or that of the amateur slueth.

#10 Senior Slueths - Read a mystery where the sleuth is 50 or older.

Happy Sleuthing!

message 2: by Donna (new)

Donna | 14 comments Sounds fun. I can't wait to get home from work tonight to see what books I already have that will fit the categories.

message 3: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

I think most of us will have a good many of these already lying around. And your local library could fill in the gaps.

message 4: by Sherrie (last edited May 02, 2012 08:41AM) (new)

Sherrie (VampireKisses2) | 414 comments I'm in!
3/10 Finished

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English -

#2 Historical/Period -

#3 Animals -

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Evil Eclairs 3/31/12

#5 Paranormal - Pleating for Mercy 4/6/12

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations -

#7 Holidays -

#8 Hobbies -

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - Polished Off 2/22/12

#10 Senior Slueths -

message 5: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Carol wrote: "Looks good, except I don't like paranormal stuff!"

It doesn't have to be hardcore paranormal. An Aunt Dimity mystery with a ghost in it would suffice. And you can still do all the other categories even if you wanted to skip that one.

message 6: by Melodie (last edited Feb 16, 2012 04:08PM) (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5228 comments Nice list! I should have lots of stuff for this one! Except maybe the historical one.

message 7: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Melodie wrote: "Nice list! I should have lots of stuff for this one! Except maybe the historical one."

An Agatha Christie might work nicely. :)

message 8: by Kme_17 (last edited Feb 20, 2012 10:32AM) (new)

Kme_17 | 3 comments Sounds like fun!

0/10 Finished

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English -

#2 Historical/Period -

#3 Animals -

#4 Culinary/Cooking -

#5 Paranormal -

#7 Holidays -

#8 Hobbies -

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - Dangerous Admissions: Secrets of a Closet Sleuth

#10 Senior Slueths -

message 9: by Jane Reads (new)

Jane Reads | 160 comments I'm in. Good challenge!!

0/10 Finished

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English -

#2 Historical/Period -

#3 Animals -

#4 Culinary/Cooking -

#5 Paranormal -

#7 Holidays -

#8 Hobbies -

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations -

#10 Senior Slueths -

message 10: by southpaw285 (last edited Feb 16, 2012 07:51PM) (new)

southpaw285 This looks like fun. Please count me in.

Southpaw's Cozy Mystery Theme Challenge
Duration: 02/12/12 - 07/31/12

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - Books that take place in the United Kingdom countries of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

#3 Animals - Any book with an animal as a main character, subject of the book, book takes place in a pet shop, stable, etc.

#5 Paranormal - Anything centered around the occult, witches, vampires, werewolves, Psychics, ghosts, etc.

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations - Any book that takes place outside the United States and/or outside the country in which you live.

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - Any mystery that centers on or highlights a particular job. Doesn't matter if the job is that of the person murdered, or that of the amateur slueth.

message 11: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (last edited Jun 09, 2012 01:05AM) (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3554 comments Mod
Count me in,there we go.

Duration: Feb 16, 2012 - 07/31/2012

9/10

1. British - English : Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton (05/20/2012 - ★★★★)

2. Historical/Period : La paradoja de Einstein y otros misterios de la ciencia resueltos por Sherlock Holmes by Colin Bruce (05/02/2012 - ★★★)

3. Animals : A New Leash on Death by Susan Conant (03/05/2012 - ★★★★)

4. Culinary/Cooking : If Fried Chicken Could Fly by Paige Shelton (18/05/2012 - ★★★★)

5. Paranormal: Who Do, Voodoo? by Rochelle Staab (02/22/2012 - ★★★★)

6. Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations: Swimming with the Dead by Kathy Brandt (06/08/2012 - ★★★★)

7. Holidays - Any holiday themed mystery.

8. Hobbies: Scrapbook of Secrets by Mollie Cox Bryan (05/24/2012 - ★★)

9. Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations: Brownies and Broomsticks by Bailey Cates (05/15/2012 - ★★★★)

10. Senior Sleuths: Moonlight Mayhem by Helen Haught Fanick (05/05/12 - ★★★★)

Aunt Dimity's Death (An Aunt Dimity Mystery #1) by Nancy Atherton La paradoja de Einstein y otros misterios de la ciencia resueltos por Sherlock Holmes by Colin Bruce A New Leash on Death (A Dog Lover's Mystery #1) by Susan Conant If Fried Chicken Could Fly by Paige Shelton Who Do, Voodoo? (A Mind For Murder Mystery #1) by Rochelle Staab Swimming with the Dead (An Underwater Investigation #1) by Kathy Brandt Scrapbook of Secrets by Mollie Cox Bryan Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery #1) by Bailey Cates Moonlight Mayhem by Helen Haught Fanick

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 5331 comments Sounds like lots of fun. I'm game for this one.

message 13: by Naomi (last edited Mar 24, 2012 01:11AM) (new)

Naomi (TribalCat) | 302 comments 10/10 - DONE

Sounds great, I'm in!

Duration: Starts Feb 16th - July 31st (started 2/17, finished 3/24)

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - The Big Four by Agatha Christie

#2 Historical/Period - The Alehouse Murders by Maureen Ash

#3 Animals - Murder Past Due by Miranda James

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke

#5 Paranormal - Dead Bolt by Juliet Blackwell

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations - Dutch Me Deadly by Maddy Hunter

#7 Holidays - Christmas Cookie Murder by Leslie Meier

#8 Hobbies - Keepsake Crimes by Laura Childs

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - The Pot Thief Who Studied Pythagoras by Michael J. Orenduff

#10 Senior Sleuths - They Do It With Mirrors by Agatha Christie

message 14: by Jo (new)

Jo Lee | 2 comments southpaw285 wrote: "This looks like fun. Please count me in.

Southpaw's Cozy Mystery Theme Challenge
Duration: 02/12/12 - 07/31/12

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - Englis..."

I'm in - so much fun!!!

message 15: by Sue (last edited Jul 23, 2012 01:35PM) (new)

Sue (SueTinge) | 623 comments Sounds like fun - I'm in.

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - The Red House Mystery The Red House Mystery by A.A. Milne 2/19

#2 Historical/Period - Any book that takes place prior to 1940. Bless the Bride Bless the Bride (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #10) by Rhys Bowen2/23

#3 Animals - Any book with an animal as a main character, subject of the book, book takes place in a pet shop, stable, etc. Pawing Through the Past Pawing Through the Past (Mrs. Murphy, #8) by Rita Mae Brown 3/4

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Food themed mysteries. A Dilly of a Death (China Bayles, #12) by Susan Wittig Albert 2/25

#5 Paranormal - Anything centered around the occult, witches, vampires, werewolves, Psychics, ghosts, etc.Ghost a la Mode Ghost a la Mode (A Ghost of Granny Apples Mystery, #1) by Sue Ann Jaffarian 5/10

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations - Any book that takes place outside the United States and/or outside the country in which you live. Chasing Mona Lisa Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer - France and Switzerland. 4.15

#7 Holidays - Any holiday themed mystery. Holiday in Death Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb 7/23

#8 Hobbies - Any mystery that centers around a hobby, craft, sport, etc. The Yiddish Policemen's Union The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon - chess 5/9

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - Any mystery that centers on or highlights a particular job. Doesn't matter if the job is that of the person murdered, or that of the amateur sleuth. Crunch Time Crunch Time (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery #16) by Diane Mott Davidson - 3/13

#10 Senior Slueths - Read a mystery where the sleuth is 50 or older. Ice Blue (Lord and Lady Hetheridge Series, #1) by Emma Jameson 5/18

Happy Sleuthing! Finished 7/23!

message 16: by Christy (new)

Christy Brannen (murdermostbritish) | 101 comments I'm in!

message 17: by Nell (last edited Feb 18, 2012 04:42AM) (new)

Nell | 1048 comments ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Melodie wrote: "Nice list! I should have lots of stuff for this one! Except maybe the historical one."

An Agatha Christie might work nicely. :)"

If I remember from previous posts, Melodie doesn't like Agatha Christie. Here are some other possibilities: Jacqueline Winspear, her series is set between the World Wars. There's a stand-alone Carolyn Hart Letter From Home Letter From Home by Carolyn Hart that I think fits the time frame; or Jill Churchill's Grace and Favor series; or Susan Wittig Albert's Beatrix Potter series. These are all in the 1900s.

message 18: by Nell (new)

Nell | 1048 comments This will be a fun challenge. I have so many books that will fit into the themes that I will fill it in as I go along. Great Idea Briansgirl.

message 19: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Thanks Nell.And thank you for the alternate historical selections. I know there are quite a few out there. Just depends on what you like. The cozy-mystery.com website has all sorts listed to choose from. I have some that would fit every category, its just finding enough time to read one for each.

message 20: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5228 comments Nell wrote: "ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Melodie wrote: "Nice list! I should have lots of stuff for this one! Except maybe the historical one."

An Agatha Christie might work nicely. :)"

If I ..."

Thanks, Nell! You're right, Dame Agatha isn't on my favorites list and I generally am not all that crazy about period books anyway, but have been looking at the Maisie Dobbs books and thinking about giving them a try! This challenge may be just the thing to give me a nudge! Thanks for the reminder about that website, too, Briansgirl! I always forget that one.

message 21: by Karen L (last edited Feb 18, 2012 11:52AM) (new)

Karen L (goodreadscomkarenl) I am in this one too.

2012 Cozy Themes Reading Challenge

Cozy Themes:

message 22: by southpaw285 (last edited Feb 19, 2012 08:38AM) (new)

southpaw285 Southpaw's Cozy Mystery Theme Challenge
Duration: 02/16/12 - 07/31/12

1/10 Completed

Cozy Themes:

✔10. Senior Slueths - Read a mystery where the sleuth is 50 or older.
The Quiche of Death/M.C. Beaton==02.19.12*****

message 23: by Lindy-Lane (last edited May 26, 2012 08:43AM) (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 71 comments I'm up for this. I'll post the books as I read along.

8/10 READ; UPDATED 5.23.12

#2. Historical - prior to 1940:
A Monstrous Regiment of Women (Mary Russell, #2) by Laurie R. KingA Monstrous Regiment of Women by Laurie R. King (5.23)

#3. Animals:
Hounded to Death ("Sister" Jane, #7) by Rita Mae Brown(horses & dogs)Hounded to Death by Rita Mae Brown (3.12)

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Food themed mysteries:
Cinnamon Roll Murder (Hannah Swensen, #15) by Joanne Fluke Cinnamon Roll Murderby Joanne Fluke (3.27)

#6. Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations:

The Moai Murders (An Archaeological Mystery, #9) by Lyn HamiltonThe Moai Murders by Lyn Hamilton (2.17)

#7. Holidays:
Chocolate Covered Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #18) by Leslie Meier (Valentine) Chocolate Covered Murder by Leslie Meier (5.6)

#8 Hobbies - Any mystery that centers around a hobby, craft, sport, etc.: Full Cry ("Sister" Jane, #3) by Rita Mae Brown(fox hunting)Full Cry by Rita Mae Brown (3.24)

#9. Professions: The Barker Street Regulars (A Dog Lover's Mystery, #11) by Susan Conant (dog writer)The Barker Street Regulars by Susan Conant (3.23)

#10. Senior Slueths(50+ age):

Coffee, Tea, or Murder? (Murder, She Wrote, #27) by Jessica Fletcher Coffee, Tea, or Murder? by Jessica Fletcher (3.6)

message 24: by Jennifer (last edited Apr 01, 2012 04:07PM) (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 294 comments I'm in-- hobbies was Sins and Needles read in February, 4 stars
Historical was You Might As Well Die read in February, 4 stars
British was Death at Wentwater Court, read in January, 4 stars.
Animals- Murder With Peacocks. March, 4 stars
Paranormal- Larceny and Lace. March, 4 stars
Holiday - Christmas in High Heels March, 4 stars

message 25: by Nell (last edited Feb 25, 2012 03:58AM) (new)

Nell | 1048 comments Senior Sleuth is 50 or older!?! No way does 50 make me a senior! Agatha Raisin will not qualify on my list.
I'm going by one of the descriptions on the cozy-mystery website: someone at least 10 years older than you. Then she invites readers to pick and choose to suit yourself. [Their senior sleuth list does include Agatha.]

message 26: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (last edited Feb 20, 2012 07:44AM) (new)

Well, be careful with 10 years older than you... We don't know the lowest limit for group members LOL

message 27: by Melodie (last edited Feb 20, 2012 07:39AM) (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5228 comments Nell wrote: "Senior Sleuth is 50 or older!?! No way does 50 make you a senior! Agatha Raisin will not qualify on my list.
I'm going by one of the cozy-mystery website descriptions - someone at least 10 years ..."

A good sized number of restaurants around where I live qualify 55 as old enough for senior menus. I don't think I'm a senior, but if it gets me a discount that's okay with me!
I agree, Marisa! Some of our members are only in their 20s & 30s, so people 10 years older than them definitely wouldn't count as seniors! LOL

message 28: by Lori (new)

Lori | 25 comments This sounds like fun. Count me in. I think this is a good way for me to start with the different challnges.

message 29: by Lori (new)

Lori | 25 comments 2012 Cozy Themes Reading Challenge

1/10

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - English Tea Murder by Leslie Meier

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori | 25 comments 2/10

Cozy Themes:

#7 Holidays - Trick or Treat Murder by Leslie Meier.

message 31: by Fairlee (new)

Fairlee Corkran | 23 comments I m in. Number 5 Paranormal-Who do Voodoo? Feb 20 2012,

message 32: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Fairlee wrote: "I m in. Number 5 Paranormal-Who do Voodoo? Feb 20 2012,"

Same here... after J.D. Robb, of course *blushing*

message 33: by Nell (last edited Feb 22, 2012 04:29AM) (new)

Nell | 1048 comments Marisa wrote: "Well, be careful with 10 years older than you... We don't know the lowest limit for group members LOL"

ROFL! We could end of with 'senior sleuths' in their 30s!? Yikes. :)
The website list does start with 50-something. My senior sleuth choice is 60-something just to avoid stepping on my own toes.

message 34: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 20, 2012 08:28PM) (new)

Nell wrote: "Senior Sleuth is 50 or older!?! No way does 50 make you a senior! Agatha Raisin will not qualify on my list.
I'm going by one of the descriptions on the cozy-mystery website: someone at least 10 ..."

If you're 20, then by your standards a senior sleuth would be someone whose only 30. Doesn't work for me. Granted, I was a little light by making it only 50, but some senior benefits start at 50, others at 55, 60, etc. You can choose what you want to read, but you can't change the rules of the challenge for everyone else.

Personally I was going to read a Murder, She Wrote book for my senior slueth. I can't remember Jessica Fletcher's age, but I figure she should qualify. :)

message 35: by Nell (last edited Feb 21, 2012 02:27PM) (new)

Nell | 1048 comments ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "If you're 20, then by your standards a senior sleuth would be someone whose only 30... You can choose what you want to read, but you can't change the rules of the challenge for everyone else ..."

Your comment is misreading or misinterpreting my posts. If you go to that page on the cozy-mystery website, she gives several criteria for deciding what is a senior sleuth. Ten years older than you is one of them. That's not MY standard, it's a direct quote from the website.
Second, I've said nothing about changing the rules of the challenge for everyone else. Only that a 50-something sleuth won't be on my list. I thought I'd made that clear by personalizing the post to the choice I'm making, but maybe it wasn't.

message 36: by Linda (new)

Linda (Rudylkr) | 3913 comments So excited to do this challenge. I've been working on coming up with books all morning (between doing actual work at work!).

message 37: by Suzanne (last edited Feb 25, 2012 05:59PM) (new)

Suzanne | 188 comments Ooh, can't resist this one!!

Cozy Themes Challenge:
Runs 2/16 - 7/31/2012

2/10 Complete

#1 British - Believing the Lie - 2/25/12***.5

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder - 2/21/12**

message 38: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Feb 21, 2012 12:42PM) (new)

Nell wrote: "ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "If you're 20, then by your standards a senior sleuth would be someone whose only 30... You can choose what you want to read, but you can't change the rules ..."

I don't feel like I was misinterpreting it at all. If you read the original post about this challenge, I may have gotten the idea and themes from that website, and gave the link to it to help give folks ideas for books if they couldn't find any on their own, but that website did not set up this challenge. I did. Therefore, their idea of what constitutes a senior sleuth is only their idea, not what was put down for this challenge. I choose what age would constitute a senior for this challenge. I know of stores that will give senior discounts to anyone over 50, so that's the age that I listed. It's your choice if you wish to read about an slueth older than that.

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jhaltenburger) | 294 comments Carol wrote: "ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Nell wrote: "Senior Sleuth is 50 or older!?! No way does 50 make you a senior! Agatha Raisin will not qualify on my list.
I'm going by one of the descriptio..."

Heh, your mom might have to find a historical sleuth and then figure out what his age would be if he lived until NOW-- let's see, Nero Wolfe was in, say, his fifties back in the late '30s or early '40s, which would make him 120-something now..... That would work!

message 40: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Added in message 12

5. Paranormal: Who Do, Voodoo? by Rochelle Staab (02/22/2012 - ★★★★)

message 41: by Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (last edited Apr 20, 2012 04:26PM) (new)

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 119 comments Im in: Here is my list

British~English Aunt Dimity's Death~nancy atherton
Historical Period Crocodile on the Sandbank~elizabeth peters
Animals Cat of the Century~rita mae brown
Culinary~Cooking Candy Cane Murder~joanne fluke
Paranormal Where There's a Witch~madelyn alt Read 03.10
Vacation Mysteries~exotic locations
Murder in Hawaii~steve allen
Holidays St. Patrick's Day Murder,leslie meier Read 03.10
Hobbies The English Breakfast Murder,laura childs
Professions~Careers~Jobs~Occupations Death on Demand~carolyn hart Read 04.17
Senior Sleuths Knock'em Dead~jessica fletcher

message 42: by Karen L (new)

Karen L (goodreadscomkarenl) 2012 Cozy Themes Reading Challenge

1/10 Done

Cozy Themes:

#10 Senior Slueths - Miss Marple's Final Cases by Agatha Christie**2/23/2012

Miss Marple's Final Cases (Miss Marple, #14) by Agatha Christie

message 43: by Mary (Biblophile) (last edited Apr 21, 2012 09:55AM) (new)

Mary  (Biblophile) | 2207 comments Just discoved this challenge. I'm in.

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - -Her Royal Spyness finished 3/10/12

#2 Historical/Period - Royal Flush finished 3/23/12

#3 Animals - Bunny Hop finished 3/25/12

#4 Culinary/Cooking - Cookie Dough or Die- finished 3/22/12

#5 Paranormal - Spells & Stitches - finished 4/5/12

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations - English Tea Murder finished 3/17/12

#7 Holidays - Mrs. Jeffries and the Mistletoe Mix-Up- finished 4/8/12

#8 Hobbies - Kiki Lowenstein and the Purple Passion - finished 4/16/12

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations - Grace Under Pressure finished 2/21/12

#10 Senior Slueths - Getting Old Can Kill You - finished 4/3/12

message 44: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Smith | 19 comments I am in! I am new to Cozy Mysteries. With this challenge I will get to samle some differnt types!

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English -

#2 Historical/Period -

#3 Animals -

#4 Culinary/Cooking -

#5 Paranormal -

#7 Holidays -

#8 Hobbies -

#10 Senior Slueths -

message 45: by Jane Reads (new)

Jane Reads | 160 comments 1/10 Finished

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - Decked with Folly - finished 2/24 ★★★

#2 Historical/Period -

#3 Animals -

#4 Culinary/Cooking -

#5 Paranormal -

#7 Holidays -

#8 Hobbies -

#10 Senior Sleuths -

Decked with Folly (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery, #17) by Kate Kingsbury

message 46: by Lori (new)

Lori | 25 comments 3/10

Cozy Themes:

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations- Murder of a Small Town Honey by Denise Swanson (school psychologist).

message 47: by Christine (new)

Christine (CJ-MO) | 1 comments ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "Time for a new challenge ladies (and gentlemen). I got the idea from the Cozy-Mystery.com website. The website graciously lists a variety of cozy themes, and has broken down each theme into lists o..."

I am new to this group, but this looks like a lot of fun.

message 48: by Jane Reads (last edited May 08, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

Jane Reads | 160 comments 2/10 Finished

Cozy Themes:

#1 British - English - Decked with Folly - finished 2/24 ★★★

#2 Historical/Period - 1932 - In the Still of the Night - finished 2/26 ★★★

#3 Animals -

#4 Culinary/Cooking -

#5 Paranormal -

#7 Holidays -

#8 Hobbies -

#10 Senior Sleuths -

Decked with Folly (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery, #17) by Kate Kingsbury In the Still of the Night (Grace & Favor, #2) by Jill Churchill

message 49: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

Christine wrote: "I am new to this group, but this looks like a lot of fun."

Welcome to the group and enjoy the challenge.
Be sure to ask if you have any questions.

message 50: by Lori (new)

Lori | 25 comments 4/10

Cozy Themes:

#6 Vacation Mysteries/Exotic Locations - If Books Could Kill a bibliphile Mystery by Kate Carlisle.

#9 Professions/Careers/Jobs/Occupations- Murder of a Small Town Honey by Denise Swanson (school psychologist).

« previous 1 3 4 5