Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

What Alice Forgot
This topic is about What Alice Forgot
Previous BRs - Authors; M - P > Moriarty, Liane - What Alice Forgot - Start Date January 11, 2015

Comments Showing 1-50 of 203 (203 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 09, 2012 04:22PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30803 comments Mod
description
This topic is open for discussion of What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. Be prepared for spoilers!

Remember the woman you used to be ...

Alice is twenty-nine. She is whimsical, optimistic and adores sleep, chocolate, her ramshackle new house and her wonderful husband Nick. What's more, she's looking forward to the birth of the 'Sultana' - her first baby.

But now Alice has slipped and hit her head in her step-aerobics class and everyone's telling her she's misplaced the last ten years of her life.

In fact, it would seem that Alice is actually thirty-nine and now she loves schedules, expensive lingerie, caffeine and manicures. She has three children and the honeymoon is well and truly over for her and Nick. In fact, he looks at her like she's his worst enemy. What's more, her beloved sister Elisabeth isn't speaking to her either. And who is this 'Gina'everyone is so carefully trying not to mention?

Alice isn't sure that she likes life ten years on. Every photo is another memory she doesn't have and nothing makes sense. Just how much can happen in a decade? Has she really lost her lovely husband for ever?

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Mar 12, 2012 02:53PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30803 comments Mod
Reading Schedule
 Date Chapters Pages PPQCs*
March 1 1-4 1-46 Lisarenee
March 2 5-9 47-95 Lisarenee
March 3 10-13 96-145 Sashana
March 4 14-17 146-197 Sashana
March 5 18-22 198-245 Rachel
March 6 23-25 246-302 Lisarenee
March 7 26-28 303-354 Rachel
March 8 29-32 355-397 Sashana
March 9 33-Epilogue 398-423 ?

Chapters 1 - 4
1. Can you imagine waking up and 10 years of your life are gone? There was an actual case where a woman went into a coma and woke up years later (did a Rip Van Winkle). It boggles the mind.
2. What do you think of how she's handling the fact she can't remember 10 years of her life?
3. Do you think the doctors could have handled things better?
4. First impressions of Jane? Should she have stayed with her?
5. First impressions of Elisabeth?

Chapters 5 - 9
6. I feel so bad for Alice. We still only know the young version of Alice. What do you think of her so far? I thought it might be fun to compare her to the old Alice once we find out about her. I'm guessing that will be somewhere in the future.
7. I keep thinking someone should have told Elisabeth to not spring too much on Alice at once. I'm waiting for Alice to break down in tears. What an emotional rollercoaster. Do you think her sister should fill her in on what events led to the divorce proceedings? I'm getting a little teary eyed myself.
8. What did you think of Alice's husband's phone call? We don't yet know his side of the story or, for that matter, Alice's. What do you think happened?
9. Three children, two weddings, and a divorce. Wow.
10. Sounds like Elizabeth is the one who had the miscarriage. So sad.
11. I keep thinking it's strange Alice didn't think Jane looked older. I guess it all depends on how much a person changes?

Chapters 10 - 13
12. "I don't remember. I don't remember. I won't remember."
Do you think Alice could be unconsciously (or maybe even consciously) blocking her memories? That little mantra she said to herself was strange.
13. Elisabeth and Alice are not as close as they once were. Do you think this is because Elisabeth is unable to have children. Or does Elisabeth's bitterness/anger surpass that?
14. I think it's interesting that Elisabeth and Frannie are also narrators. Why do you think the author does this? Whose story are you enjoying more -- Fran's or Elisabeth's? Why?
15. Gina has been mentioned a few times; often secretively and sometimes with contempt, any theories/ideas on who she might be?

Chapters 14 - 17
16. Looks like we were right about Alice suppressing her memories: "It had seemed like she was about to fall head first into all her memories but then she'd deliberately resisted it..."
17. "Alice knew that Frannie had lost a boyfriend during the Second World War..."
Do you think it's possible that Phil, the recipient of Frannie's letters, could be dead? Or do you think Elisabeth's theory that Phil is married makes more sense?
18. I feel devastated for Elisabeth. I know dealing with infertility was rough but I didn't realize how much so. Why do you think she keeps putting herself through failed IVF's instead of adopting?
19. Everyone obviously knew who Gina was but no one was forthcoming. Do you think Alice's family should withhold painful/awkward memories or should they rip it off like a band aid and tell her everything at once? Explain your position.
20. Anyone surprised at how normal Dominick seems to be? I kind of expected him to be more suave.
21. He [Ben] said, "I've been thinking."
I told him so had I, but he could go first. He said he'd been thinking abohatehat Alice had said last week and he'd decided she was one hundred percent right."

Do you think Ben was referring to the IVF treatments or was he referring to something else altogether?
22. Whoa! Gina is dead? I didn't see that one coming!

Chapters 18 - 22
23. So, we finally learn a little about the divorce. I can't believe Gina and Alice were such good friends that it would help ruin a marriage. Have you ever known someone like that?
24. Alice must have been one mean, mean person for Nick to resent her so much. It's really sad!
25. Their kids are just crazy! They defintitely make me laugh though. Especially Tom and Olivia!
26. Elisabeth and Ben seemed to have a huge misunderstanding. Seems like infertility is not their own problem. Communication too! What did you think about the miscommunication about adoption? Opportunity lost?
27. Is Elisabeth just being bitter in her letter to Jeremy (her therapist) or do you really think she has decided that she wouldn't be a good mother?
28. Going back to Gina and Alice... Alice's boyfriend, Dominick says that Alice and Nick were having "sexual issues", but got too embarrassed to continue. With Alice's comment later on wondering about having a lesbian affair and Dominick's embarrassment...could it be true?
29. It really makes me sad the more I learn about Alice's "old" and "new" life. Could you imagine learning about how mean and rough you had been?

Chapters 23 - 25
30. Do you think it wise of Alice to declare she and Nick are getting back together before her memory comes back? Do you think it will come back?
31. When Luke first appeared what did you think? Do you think $150 for a personal trainer is too much?
32. What do you think of the way Alice's emotions/reactions seem to remain intact even though the memories which would provoke them seem to be lost?
33. Do you think Elisabeth went too far in taking the child with her? Did she have a mental break down?
34. Have fertility statue will travel. I chuckled about the statue. Do you think it will work?
35. Wow! What was your initial reaction to the laundry machine incident? What did you think of Nick's reaction when Alice confronted him about it?
What did you think when you found out it wasn't Nick who kissed the woman, but Gina's husband or do you think maybe Nick did as well?
36. What did you make of Madison's dream?

Chapters 26 - 28
37. I'm so glad at least one of Nick's sisters is somewhat normal. Seems Ella always liked Alice, but was torn between going against family or going with them.
38. Olivia's performance. How cute! I would love to see that in real life.
39. Although, as parents how could you not take the time to see her routine beforehand and/or help her with it? I was a little upset about it.
40. Oh what a set up! I'm thinking this little salsa set up might be just what Nick and Alice need. What do you think?
41. Nick says they were too wrapped up in Gina and Mike's problems and got to close. Do you think friends can be too close?
42. There just wasn't enough time in 2008. It had become a limited resource. Back in 1998, the days were so much more spacious. When she woke up in the morning, the day rolled outin front of her like a long hallway for her to meander down, free to linger over the best parts. Days were so stungy now. Mean slivers of time. They flew by like speeding cars..." I so agree. How about you? Do you think we are so wrapped up in "going" and "doing" that we forget what matters?
43. Very end of chapter 28. "Madison gave a tiny gasp of surprise and burst into tears." I did too. :) You think this the right approach for the situation?

Chapters 29 - 32
44. Were you surprised by Elisabeth's pregnancy? Do you think it will work out this time?
45. Do you think Nick is taking advantage of Alice's amnesia? Was he wrong to suggest a redo when she does not remember? Do you think they will survive now that Alice has her memories back?
46. She's bacccccckkkkk. We got to glimpse a few of Alice's memories as it all came back to her. Based on these flashbacks what do you think of forty-something Alice? Do you you like the young or old Alice more? Compare and Contrast the two.
47. Everything seems to be working out for the characters in this section. This has left me a bit paranoid because I feel like Liane Moriarty might do something devastating. Predict how the book will end and what you want to happen (things to address: will Alice choose Nick or Dominick, will Elisabeth have a baby and will her marriage survive? ect...)

Chapters 33 - Epilogue
48. So who did you hope Alice would end up with?
49. Do you like that the older Alice decided to keep some of the younger Alice with her when her memory came back?
50. Are you glad everything ended happily?
51. Did the Epilogue take you by surprise?
52. What did you think of that last dream?
53. Overall thoughts of the book? What did you rate it?

message 3: by Jex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments This one just came in to the library for me. Here's to hoping this is the first read of the month :-P

Sashana Jex wrote: "This one just came in to the library for me. Here's to hoping this is the first read of the month :-P"

It is :)

Tabitha It is on it's way to my library.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Picked it up today annnd I just got a notice that it was ready for check out on my Kindle too. Now, which way to read it? Decisions, decisions...

Sashana Rachel wrote: "Picked it up today annnd I just got a notice that it was ready for check out on my Kindle too. Now, which way to read it? Decisions, decisions..."

Both!

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments LOL!

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) Rachel wrote: "Picked it up today annnd I just got a notice that it was ready for check out on my Kindle too. Now, which way to read it? Decisions, decisions..."

I don't know about you but my Kindle spoiled me. First reading digital books was weird. Now I read them so much that when I get my hands on something in paper, it feels weird reading. :D

Anyway, I'm in too. :)

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I like reading on my Kindle, but not so much for buddy reads. I can turn the pages so much faster in a physical book. Although, the Kindle is great for making questions and underlining stuff. Takes less time to make a note and I seem to lose the paper I right notes on. It is just a no win situation. Lol.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Just noticed we don't have a reading schedule yet. I'll get on that right now.

message 12: by Rachel (last edited Feb 29, 2012 09:15AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Page numbers taken from this edition What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty

Date Chapters Pages
March 1 1-7 1-74
March 2 8-12 75-136
March 3 13-16 137-189
March 4 17-20 190-238
March 5 21-24 239-288
March 6 25-27 289-337
March 7 28-30 338-378
March 8 31-Epilogue 379-423

Look doable? Roughly 50 pages a day. Some days more, some days less.

Sashana Dragana wrote: "I don't know about you but my Kindle spoiled me. First reading digital books was weird. Now I read them so much that when I get my hands on something in paper, it feels weird reading. :D"

Sometimes the physical copies almost feel alien to me. I'm trying to read more paperbacks and hardcovers via my library though.

message 14: by Lisarenee (last edited Feb 29, 2012 04:31PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments I think we'll read a little slower:

Date Chapters Pages
March 1 1-4 1-46
March 2 5-9 47-95
March 3 10-13 96-145
March 4 14-17 146-197
March 5 18-22 198-245
March 6 23-25 246-302
March 7 26-28 303-354
March 8 29-32 355-397
March 9 33-Epilogue 398-423

message 15: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Should we read a little slower?

Sashana Lisarenee wrote: "Should we read a little slower?"

The breakdown in message 14 seems reasonable. (I'll be kicking myself in a few days lol)

Sashana BTW great job on the tentative breakdown, Rachel. Those two first days would be a killer though :(

message 18: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Sorry Rachel for changing it. I just wouldn't be able to read along at your rate. I'd be behind the first day and I'm pushing it with the rate I wrote. :(

message 19: by Jex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments If anyone is a librarian on here can you change the hardcover edition to 423 pages. It says its only 412 but my ISBN # is the same as the one listed on it. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) Jex wrote: "If anyone is a librarian on here can you change the hardcover edition to 423 pages. It says its only 412 but my ISBN # is the same as the one listed on it. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10......"

Updated. ;)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) Thank you Lisarenee for making a slower schedule. I would probably agree to Rachel 's too, but I doubt I could keep up.

message 22: by Jex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Thanks Dragana!

message 23: by Lisarenee (last edited Mar 01, 2012 08:22PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Questions for Chapters 1 - 4

1) Can you imagine waking up and 10 years of your life are gone? There was an actual case where a woman went into a coma and woke up years later (did a Rip Van Winkle). It boggles the mind.

2) What do you think of how she's handling the fact she can't remember 10 years of her life?

3) Do you think the doctors could have handled things better?

4) First impressions of Jane? Should she have stayed with her?

5) First impressions of Elisabeth?

message 24: by Jex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments 1) Can you imagine waking up and 10 years of your life are gone? There was an actual case where a woman went into a coma and woke up years later (did a Rip Van Winkle). It boggles the mind.

If I forgot the past 10 years I would think that I'm 18 and still in high school. I would have missed graduating high school, all of college, my time across the country, and everything else that has happened. That's a huge chunk of life!

2) What do you think she's handling the fact she can't remember 10 years of her life?

I don't think it has completely sunk in yet.

I don't know. It's not often that someone forget 10 years of their life. They may think she's messing with them or that its temporary, so nothing to worry about.

I don't really know what to think of Jane. It was interesting that she didn't go to the hospitol with Alice assuming that they're good friends. Who leaves a person alone when they just hit their head that bad?

At first I thought she was kind of a snob, going out on stage when her sister was in the hospital like that, but there may be bad blood between them or something. Who knows what the relationship is like between the two sisters.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Questions for Chapters 1 - 4

1) Can you imagine waking up and 10 years of your life are gone? There was an actual case where a woman went into a coma and woke up years later (did a Rip Van Winkle). It boggles the mind.

It seems very crazy, even though I have heard of things like this happening for real. If it had happened to me, then I would be in my first year of college. I can't even imagine what it would feel like.

2) What do you think she's handling the fact she can't remember 10 years of her life?

I agree with Jex, it doesn't seem like she believes everyone around her. She thinks they are the ones with the mental problem not her.

I am a little surprised that they didn't seem a bit more concerned. I guess there isn't much they can do with amnesia patients though. It could be that they think that her memory will come back fast.

Jane seems flaky. She didn't even seem all that concerned and the way she was acting almost made it seem like she was making it all into a big joke, or some juicy gossip that she could go share with everyone.

It sounds like she is having some sort of mental problem herself. It also mentions something about them having a fight over banana muffins or something like that. I don't like her or hate her yet because it seems like there is a lot we don't know about their relationship.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Lisarenee wrote: "Sorry Rachel for changing it. I just wouldn't be able to read along at your rate. I'd be behind the first day and I'm pushing it with the rate I wrote. :("

No problem. I was just concerned because Touch of Power is a pretty hefty book too. We shoulf be fine though.

Sashana Touch of Power is in April, Rachel, but now you have me curious about the page count. *runs off to check*

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Sashana wrote: "Touch of Power is in April, Rachel, but now you have me curious about the page count. *runs off to check*"

Oh wow.. Well look at me. Sorry. Moderator fail. ;)

Sashana Rachel wrote: "Oh wow.. Well look at me. Sorry. Moderator fail. ;)"

It happens ;)

Sashana Fox 2000 has the movie rights to this book.

Inkeri 1) Can you imagine waking up and 10 years of your life are gone? There was an actual case where a woman went into a coma and woke up years later (did a Rip Van Winkle). It boggles the mind.

It sure does boggle the mind. I really can not imagine forgetting the last ten years of my life. I lived a rather dull life until I graduated from high school and really got the hang of me and who I was when I was nineteen. I would literally lose my whole life and pretty much everything I ever experienced if I now forgot the last ten years.

I agree, I think it hasn't really sunk in her yet. I'm actually 29 years old at the moment and if I would find out I'm almost forty all of a sudden, I would do all in might to deny it as well.

I don't know how doctors should handle these things, so I can't say if they could have handled it better. They did the CT scan to her brain to check for any damage and couldn't find anything. All that's left for now is to wait, I guess.

The fact that she didn't go with her makes me think, maybe they're not as good friends after all. Or maybe Jane has a job she can't miss, like a lawyer. I sure would hate my lawyer if she failed to show up on my court date just because her friend had a little concussion. But I do think she should have stayed with her.

I don't think much of her yet. Maybe a little selfish, though Alice could be the selfish sister just as easily. (She just can't remember.)

Sashana Answers for Chapters 1 - 4

Horrible wouldn't even begin to explain it. Reminds me of The Vow (which is based on a true story) and how the MC lost her memory. She didn't lose 10 years though (maybe 3-4 years), but she never regained that portion of her life, which I think makes it even more sad.

I think they did the best they could. They checked her for concussions and kept her for observation. I don't know how much more they could have done.

I didn't like her. She doesn't seem like a good person; who would leave someone after an accident that clearly affected them?

She seems a troubled and sad. Clearly she's going through some problems.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Answers for Chapters 1 - 4

It would be CRRRAAAZY! Especially being in Alice's position without anyone there to help you when you first woke up.

She's doing surprisingly well. I think it helps that she remembers some things. At least she didn't wake up and no NOTHING about herself, family, etc. She has a starting point and that is good.

As far as the examination, I think they did what they are trained to do. As far as not notifiying family or even trying, not so much. You can't just have a woman without a family or friends and try to help to contact them somehow.

I do and I don't. If she was a real friend she would have. But, she did tell Elisabeth so I can't completely say she was wrong in going on about her day.

I think there is more to the story than we are getting so far. Her lack of urgency and sincerity at first was offputting to me. If it were my sister no matter our relationship I would be doing all I could to get to her.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments @Sashana- She does seem troubled and sad.

Does anyone know exactly what Elisabeth does? Or who is the Dr. (insert name here, can't remember) she writes to? I'm a little lost on Elisabeth. Just wondering if I missed something.

message 35: by Sashana (last edited Mar 01, 2012 08:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sashana I think Dr. Hodges might be a therapist based on some of the things she has said.

Elisabeth does training seminars on how to write junk mail. Don't know what the job title for that one would be but it sure sounds interesting.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Sashana wrote: "I think Dr. Hodges might be a therapist based on some of the things she has said.

Elisabeth does training seminars on how to write junk mail. Don't know what the job title for that one would be ..."

A therapist. Hmmm! Didn't even think of that.

And you're right I remember that now. Wow. What an easy job. Same presentation over and over and over. I'd do it!

Sashana She said each person paid over $2000 to be there. Maybe I'm majoring in the wrong thing. I need to learn how to write junk mail.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments LOL! EXACTLY!

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) Questions for Chapters 1 - 4

No, I can not imagine. It must be horrible. The worst part is - she was not in a comma, she had kids etc. As Alice commented herself, you would think that you will always remember your children...

2) What do you think of how she's handling the fact she can't remember 10 years of her life?

Not bad. I think I would have freaked out much more.

Yes. They seemed very unprofesional. Like they did not believe her or something. I think they should have looked for her family (mother, sister, people she remembers) and removed her bag. They should have tried more to lessen the shock.

Yes I think she should. But I will not be quick to judge. Jane mentioned court, so maybe she had to be there...

Same as for Jane. I think there is huge background in their relationship and that's why she did not rush to the hospital. We just need to read to find out.

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) Sashana wrote: "She said each person paid over $2000 to be there. Maybe I'm majoring in the wrong thing. I need to learn how to write junk mail."

My thoughts exactly. 'I am doing a wrong job.' LOL

message 41: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Okay, not sure who's is supposed to be doing questions today so I'll take over. Give me a little time and I'll post questions and comments.

message 42: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Questions for Chapters 5 - 9

6) I feel so bad for Alice. We still only know the young version of Alice. What do you think of her so far? I thought it might be fun to compare her to the old Alice once we find out about her. I'm guessing that will be somewhere in the future.

7) I keep thinking someone should have told Elisabeth to not spring too much on Alice at once. I'm waiting for Alice to break down in tears. What an emotional rollercoaster. Do you think her sister should fill her in on what events led to the divorce proceedings? I'm getting a little teary eyed myself.

8)What did you think of Alice's husband's phone call? We don't yet know his side of the story or, for that matter, Alice's. What do you think happened?

9) Three children, two weddings, and a divorce. Wow.

10) Sounds like Elizabeth is the one who had the miscarriage. So sad.

11) I keep thinking it's strange Alice didn't think Jane looked older. I guess it all depends on how much a person changes?

Sashana I'll do Saturday and Sunday, Lisa.

message 44: by Jex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Questions for Chapters 5 - 9

6) I feel so bad for Alice. We still only know the young version of Alice. What do you think of her so far? I thought it might be fun to compare her to the old Alice once we find out about her. I'm guessing that will be somewhere in the future.

I'm really interested in seeing how much she's changed. We already know she's healthier and busier. Who knows what else.

7) I keep thinking someone should have told Elisabeth to not spring too much on Alice at once. I'm waiting for Alice to break down in tears. What an emotional rollercoaster. Do you think her sister should fill her in on what events led to the divorce proceedings? I'm getting a little teary eyed myself.

I feel that it wasn't Elisabeth's fault that so much was sprung on Alice. She found out about the divorce basically through phone calls. Otherwise she would have just thought that Nick was being mean. Her mom didn't help with keeping things easy either. She just couldn't understand that Alice couldn't remember things and kept adding more and more stuff to the pile.

8)What did you think of Alice's husband's phone call? We don't yet know his side of the story or, for that matter, Alice's. What do you think happened?

His call makes sense, although I would hope he'd be a bit understanding after finding out that she had memory loss. The call was probably very strange to him seeing as how he was in Portugal and him and Alice were splitting.

I'm waiting for the funeral to be added in...but who's?

I would like to hear more about Elisabeth's story seeing as how she seems to be hiding a lot of things from her sister.

11) I keep thinking it's strange Alice didn't think Jane looked older. I guess it all depends on how much a person changes?

I think Alice was too disoriented during the time with Jane and therefore didn't realize that she had changed much if at all.

Sashana Answers for Chapters 5 - 9

'Young' Alice seems very sweet, somehow I doubt that I'll think the same thing about 'old' Alice.

I genuinely think that Elisabeth doesn't know much about the divorce.

Maybe he cheated. Or maybe she cheated.

It must seem like an alternate universe to her.

It is. I think she may be sick also based on some other things that she has said in her letter.

She did think Jane looked older. It's in there.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I'll take Monday, for now.

(Might add Wednesday later. Depends on the weekend and first of the week.)

Sashana Thanks, Rachel.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments No problem. I do it whenever I can. I don't have a job were I can stand there and read and/or do homework anymore in between customers. Man, I miss that job! :)

Dragana (diaryofthebookdragon) Questions for Chapters 5 - 9

Young alice is so fun and carefree... I feel like she is 19 and not 29.

I think Jane is just confused as everyone else. I have a feeling Jane does not know much about divorce...

He is so angry, so I think it's her fault at least in his eyes... Maybe it has something to do with 'Gina" Elizabeth mentions from time to time...

I am not surprised, if I look at summary what happened to me in the last 10 years, there is a lot of stuff....

Yeah. :(

I think that she said that Jane looked weird... Alice was probably very disoriented at the time...

Inkeri 6) I feel so bad for Alice. We still only know the young version of Alice. What do you think of her so far? I thought it might be fun to compare her to the old Alice once we find out about her. I'm guessing that will be somewhere in the future.

I feel bad for her as well. I'd like to get to know the older Alice too, though I think I might like her a lot less than the younger Alice.

I think maybe Elizabeth doesn't know exactly what events led to the divorce. I think maybe Alice and Elizabeth aren't as close to each other as Alice remembers. Alice's mother seems like a flake herself. I kept waiting when Alice cracks up and starts shouting at her mon: "I can't remember a thing mom, please stop pushing it!".

I'm guessing that Gina, who Elizabeth mentions earlier, has a great deal to do with their divorce. Perhaps Alice wants full custody of their children and Nick's angry for that. (Rightfully, may I add, if that's the case.)

I don't really want to think of things I couldn't remember if I was in her shoes. She's lucky to have been around a person who she remembers (Jane) when she hit her head. I moved to a different city seven years ago, so most of the people I know now, I didn't know ten years ago. God, that would be scary to be around people you've never even met. I wouldn't even know my fiancee. Oh boy!

I agree. I haven't really gotten the hang of who Elizabeth is yet. I'll get there, I'm sure.

But she did think Jane looked different and weird.

« previous 1 3 4 5