Who's Your Author? discussion

Urban Fantasy Writers > Seanan McGuire

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I really like the October Daye series and I just found out she has a new series starting in March. It looks interesting!
Discount Armageddon (Incryptid, #1) by Seanan McGuire

message 2: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments What a kooky book! Sounds wonderful.

message 3: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I'll have to add that. It looks really good. The October daye series has been only TBR a while now and I really want to read it soon

message 4: by Jill (new)

Jill | 111 comments I have no idea who this author is, any advice as to what books I should look into? A description of what her books are like? I am always open to new things :-)

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments I would start with the October Daye books. They are pretty dark, little to no romance, but are really good, sometimes heartbreaking. I'd start from the beginning Rosemary and Rue Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire and just read through the series. They're about the dark side of Faery set mostly in the San Francisco area of California.

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill | 111 comments Most excellent :-) thank you I will give them ago.

message 7: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 16, 2012 01:30PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Just a little side fact, but Seanan McGuire also writes under an alternate name as Mira Grant, in the post-apocalyptic genre. For more info, she talks about it on her website.

Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy #1) by Mira Grant Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2) by Mira Grant Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy, #3) by Mira Grant

message 8: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Stacia ~ platonic wrote: "Just a little side fact, but Seanan McGuire also writes under an alternate name as Mira Grant, in the post-apocalyptic genre. For more info, she talks about it on her website.

[bookcover:Feed|7094..."

Get out I had no idea!
I have been wanting to read Feed for awhile.

message 9: by Gin (new)

Gin | 338 comments I didn't realize that. I just bought feed the other week. I've heard they are really good.

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 536 comments I didn't know that either - wow!

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna (aknas22) | 349 comments I love the October Daye series,I forgot about her books as Mira Grant, going to get them soon to read. I'll also probably do a re-read of the October Daye books before her next one comes out.