Addicted to YA discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Character Romances > Jace, Clary, and Simon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
Thoughts and opinions?

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments I like Simon, but I love Jace. Clary agrees with me ;-)

Ophelia ॐ JACE ALL THE WAY! omg im sorry simon, but can't you see the love Jace and Clary have for eachother?? its so strong and beautiful!!

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments JACE!!!!!!!!!

Sarah | 19 comments Jace!!!! Simon's ok and all, but Jace is ten billion times better! :D

message 6: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Apr 04, 2012 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah wrote: "Jace!!!! Simon's ok and all, but Jace is ten billion times better! :D"

Agreed!
I really didn't like Simon mostly because he got in the way of Jace and Clary but ever since he (view spoiler) I've liked him so much more!

Hannah (cloveshay) | 109 comments It was so funny when Clary laid on him to cover him from the sun :)

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments ^what? don't tell me that simon becomes a vampire...

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments No please don't. But I know now anyway sighhh...

Hannah (hannah1) Yer I really didnt like Simon either..he kept getting in the way! But I like him much more now :)

message 11: by Nicole D. (last edited Apr 08, 2012 06:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. (thereadingrebel) | 196 comments Jace is boyfriend material
Simon is best friend material
Simon and Clary just don't have that spark that Jace and Clary have.

Annabel ♥ (cinnamonbliss) | 4398 comments ^I totally agree with you Nicole, although I have only read the first book and some of the second book.

Alicia Street (alicia_street) I liked that she had two contrasting guys. And isn't there always a guy who would make it so easy to have a boyfriend if only you were attracted to him, except you're not? But Simon is no jerk, and I like that CC gives him his due later on.

Laura Anderson | 75 comments Love this conversation- I agree with Nicole! :)

message 15: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna | 300 comments I like it that Simon has a strength of his own...mmm can't say much more without spoilers.
Anne: you're going to need to read fast!

message 16: by Ela (last edited Apr 13, 2012 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela I love Simon but he's definately the best friend, it was so much better once they accepted that.

message 17: by Jay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jay | 1906 comments Clary is cool

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments Ela wrote: "I love Simon but he's definately the best friend, it was so much better once they accepted that."

toatally agree with u, Jace and Clary are meant to be.

message 19: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Yeah, when Clary and Simon were together it was just akward all round.

♥Kel (kelsimai) | 94 comments Fari wrote: "I agree! I would love it if Simon were my best friend! Jace and Clary were meant to be! Its sweet how Jace and Simon sortof become buds. It was sweet."

omigosh!! ikr, yea it's adorable.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I did not like Simon one bit. He was a whiny, nerdy weirdo.. J+C=<3

message 22: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Fari wrote: "I agree! I would love it if Simon were my best friend! Jace and Clary were meant to be! Its sweet how Jace and Simon sortof become buds. It was sweet."

I loved the conversations in CoFA with Jace and Simon, so funny!

message 23: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Jezebel wrote: "I did not like Simon one bit. He was a whiny, nerdy weirdo.. J+C="

What! o.O

message 24: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jezebel wrote: "I did not like Simon one bit. He was a whiny, nerdy weirdo.. J+C="

I felt the same way while he was in love with Clary but now that he accepts Clary and Jace I love Simon! I also agree with Nicole about Simon being best friend material!

message 25: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Tbh I was more annoyed at Clary for dating Simon, when she quite clearly wanted to be dating Jace.

message 26: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela wrote: "Tbh I was more annoyed at Clary for dating Simon, when she quite clearly wanted to be dating Jace."

Yeah but there was the whole (view spoiler) so that wasn't really possible at the time. It was like Jace with (view spoiler) just a distraction.

Ophelia ॐ Ah, I loved in CoFA when Simon and Jace..bonded, I guess you could say!
One of my favorite scenes was when they were at the grocery store together (loll!) and Simon said "You want, tomato soup and mangoes?"
Jace replied "I don't really care about food" or something like that. I thought it was HILARIOUS! I love that they are 'friends' now!!

message 28: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

I liked this part!
“Is this one of those keep-your-friends-close-and-your-enemies-closer things?"
"I though it was keep your friends close so you have someone to drive the car when you sneak over to your enemy's house at night and throw up in his mailbox.”
-Simon and Jace

Sarah | 19 comments Erika wrote: "I liked this part!
“Is this one of those keep-your-friends-close-and-your-enemies-closer things?"
"I though it was keep your friends close so you have someone to drive the car when you sneak over ..."

I loved that part too. :D

message 30: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Both those bits were so funny!

message 31: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Erika wrote: "Ela wrote: "Tbh I was more annoyed at Clary for dating Simon, when she quite clearly wanted to be dating Jace."

Yeah but there was the whole [spoilers removed] so that wasn't really possible at th..."

Still I didn't think was fair to Simon, using him as a distraction, they were such good friends, he dserved better treatment.

message 32: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah he deserves Isabelle! I <3 Izzy and Simon!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Erika wrote: "Yeah he deserves Isabelle! I <3 Izzy and Simon!"

Nooooo, Maia!!

message 34: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jezebel wrote: "Erika wrote: "Yeah he deserves Isabelle! I

Nooooo, Maia!!"

No Maia and Jordan!!!

Hannah (hannah1) Yer Maia and Jordan And Simon and izzy for me

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

We'll see :'(

Ophelia ॐ Hannah wrote: "Yer Maia and Jordan And Simon and izzy for me"

I agree with those pairs!

message 38: by Ela (last edited Apr 22, 2012 02:13AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Yeah, I want Maia and Simon to be friends but it's definately: Maia +Jordan and Izzy + Simon <3

Sydney SPOILER ALERT, IF YOU ARE NOT PAST THE THIRD BOOK DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Ok, it tore my heart apart when we found out that Clary and Jace were actually brother and sister. But something deep down inside told me they really weren`t. They just wanted to be togetherso bad, but the realization was keeping them apart, so they were forced to date other people, but still never really stop loving eachother. So at the end of the third book when we found out that Jace is actually Stephen`s son, I was more than relieved! I remember in the second book, when they went to visit the Seelie Queen, she made Clary kiss Jace, while they were under the impression they were siblings. I looooovvvveeeed that part, and I could just read it over and over again!

Sooo long story short....I <3 JACE AND CLARY

message 40: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sydney wrote: "SPOILER ALERT, IF YOU ARE NOT PAST THE THIRD BOOK DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Ok, it tore my heart apart when we found out that Clary and Jace were actually brother and sister. But something deep down ins..."

Have you read the part with the Seelie Queen from Jace's POV? Its even better!

Sydney What does POV mean? LOL sorry :P

Ophelia ॐ Erika wrote: "Sydney wrote: "SPOILER ALERT, IF YOU ARE NOT PAST THE THIRD BOOK DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Ok, it tore my heart apart when we found out that Clary and Jace were actually brother and sister. But somethin..."

Oh my. When I read that..... :)))))))

message 43: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ophelia wrote: "Erika wrote: "Sydney wrote: "SPOILER ALERT, IF YOU ARE NOT PAST THE THIRD BOOK DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Ok, it tore my heart apart when we found out that Clary and Jace were actually brother and sister..."

I know! I think I liked Jace's POV better than Clary's and the one in CoB in the Greenhouse...both were pure awesomeness

Hannah (hannah1) Erika wrote: "Ophelia wrote: "Erika wrote: "Sydney wrote: "SPOILER ALERT, IF YOU ARE NOT PAST THE THIRD BOOK DO NOT READ THIS!!!

Ok, it tore my heart apart when we found out that Clary and Jace were actually br..."

Yep they were beautiful. I hope there's more to come

Sydney How can I read Jace`s POV???

Hannah (hannah1) Sydney wrote: "How can I read Jace`s POV???"

I go onto Cassandra clare's goodreads page look through her books and click on the different titles and click on the url's. It's all on my read books swell if u wana shift through that or on Cassandra clares webpage, there everywhere lol

Sydney LOL thanks :P

message 48: by Emma (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Simon was never going to end up with clary (view spoiler)

message 49: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela Emma3501 wrote: "Simon was never going to end up with clary [spoilers removed]"

Yeah totally agree <3

message 50: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 23, 2012 11:08AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ela wrote: "Emma3501 wrote: "Simon was never going to end up with clary [spoilers removed]"

Yeah totally agree <3"

Me too! Simon was always meant for (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3