Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > woops! It seemed so real at first! (the classic lying thread & fear of heights with images)

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm sorry I became Barack Obama's friend. With the new goodreads I can 't figure out how to un-friend "Barack".

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Click "friends."

Click "edit friends."

Click the X beside that bastard.

You'll get an "Are you sure?" type of message.

Say, "Hell, yeah. Fuck that asshole."

He's history.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

P.S. Please don't tell me you believed that was really Barack Obama, Sally. Please...?

message 4: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It's OK, Sally. I did, too, for a split second. But then, I'm gullible as hell.

message 5: by Cyril (new)

Cyril I'd just like to know why Calvin Doty has more profile views than Barack. Who the hell is Calvin Doty?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

That's what I wanna know. Who is Calvin Doty?

He had 281 views last week, but he has NO friends and only FOUR books. His three reviews consist of such eloquence as "ewww" and "good book." Will someone explain this freak to me? Does he have a "dummy" account and he spends all day clicking on his own profile?

message 7: by Sally, la reina (new)

Thank you so much. I'm really, really gullible.

One time my sister told me that Chicago purchased the St Louis arch. (Or that it was originally theirs, and had only loaned it 30 years ago or something.) I believed her for about a week.

But then again, this is from the girl who convinced the entire second grade that a dead person was buried on the school grounds. There was a meeting with the principal and Patty's mom. It was hilarious.

We were brought up to be such liars! So how did I end up such a sucker?

message 8: by RandomAnthony (last edited Nov 30, 2008 04:27AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I think some liars think everyone else is stupid enough to tell the truth:)

Of course, some liars also think everyone else is a liar, too.

And we in Chicago, Sally, wouldn't have wanted the Arch. Have you seen that thing? Yawn.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Dude, the arch is cool. I'd never go up in it, though. What a waste of 25 bucks. Do you know how much booze that's buy me?

Sally, I'm so glad you're just as gullible as I am. I always believe everyone is telling the truth. Now I can tell you stories of the dumb stuff I do and you'll understand! Thwaaaack!

message 10: by Cyril (new)

Cyril What? The Arch is great! Especially when the Mississippi is flooded and you can see houses floating by. The Museum of Western Expansion underneath is cool, too.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I would totally spend $25 to go up high and see a great view. No question! I love that stuff.

Has anybody been on the Grand Canyon Sky Bridge? I want to do that.

message 12: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) I went up in the Arch and thought it was pretty cool. Of course, I was thirteen then. Wow, I'm kinda old.

Here are a couple pics I took in and around STL with the Arch in the background.

[image error]

Photobucket

message 13: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell What's that building in the foreground of that first picture, and why did they ruin it by putting those ugly buildings next to it?

Sarah, I've been on the Sky Bridge. It's an impressive view and I think you know my feelings about the "great outdoors."

message 14: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) The one in the foreground is the old court house. The green-ish dome is cast iron.

The Sky Bridge looks like quite an experience.

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sweeter proposed to me at the top of the arch! Did I ever tell you all that? I was so scared, it has this tinny sound to it - like 75 people squished into an air stream trailer up in the sky.

It is cool up there, but I was definitely over it after the half hour the whole romantic moment it took to become betrothed.

Later that very night the power went out and people got stuck up there, some even in the little cars.

Ok, I've totally told this story here before.

*wanders off to chat with houseplants*

message 16: by Sally, la reina (new)

Dave - re: msg 14 That brown building in the front of the city, right behind the arch - that is the hotel we stayed in. Had an on-the-house breakfast of amazing biscuits and gravy. mmmmmm-mm.

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments There is no way in goddamn hell I'm going on the grand canyon sky bridge. I am TERRIFIED of heights.

I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight just thinking about it.

I never heard that story before, Sally!

message 18: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Jesus fuck! The railings aren't even that high!

http://www.adventureout.com/blog/uplo...

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

That skybridge scares the crap out of me.

message 20: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Sadly, I'm more interesting in the amazing biscuits and gravy than I am anything else in this thread so far.

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

Photobucket

message 22: by RandomAnthony (last edited Nov 30, 2008 11:33AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

My palms are sweaty. That scares the shit out of me.

I took my kids to Niagara Falls last year and almost fainted. Seriously.

message 23: by Sally, la reina (new)

What scares me is that it looks like a cartoon magnet stuck to the front! What? Who in their right mind would go out there?

I'm even scared of the plexiglass hole in the floor of the bar "Palms" in Vegas. What is that hotel called?

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh wait - bar is called Ghost Bar, hotel is called Palms.

message 25: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments How does that skybridge actually stay in the air? Holy shit.

No, I don't like walking over glass in floors, either. I'm with you on that one, Sally.

message 26: by Cyril (last edited Nov 30, 2008 12:27PM) (new)

Cyril There is a glass floor in the CN tower in Toronto. I thought I wasn't afraid of heights until I tried to walk over it.

I seem to remember a statistic from when I visited the Grand Canyon that an average of 8 people fall to their deaths there each year.

message 27: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) Dude, I love heights. The RUSH!

Magnet, your love story is delightful. I had tons of fun when I was in St. Louis. I think every single meal I ate was delicious and I never even tried those biscuits 'n' gravy.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I would LOVE to be on that skybridge. I'm getting this sweet/shuddery feeling just thinking about it.

message 29: by Sally, la reina (new)

Dan, the biscuits and gravy were part of our free buffet breakfast at the Drury Inn. It is actually a rather glamorous hotel, at least by my poor lady standards. We had high speed wireless in our room and I blogged the whole trip. I love updating the blog while on vacation with pictures, it is akin to sending home postcards, yet they are instomatic and feature Sweeter, usually. Unless I hand him the camera and say "get me here, standing with the mountains behind me. Hold the camera sideways." I'm a little too bossy, and he might get peeved, so pictures usually just feature him. :)

message 30: by Lori (new)

Lori Wait, you mean that's not really Obama????

:D

message 31: by Sally, la reina (new)

I'm still really scared of heights.

message 32: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments high-fives Sally

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Wow, that was real archive digging there. I'm not real fond of heights either Sally.

message 34: by Rannie (new)

Rannie RandomAnthony wrote: "Jesus fuck! The railings aren't even that high!

http://www.adventureout.com/blog/uplo..."

Oh, I'll go. I wouldn't miss that view, but I might have to crawl.