Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Combining editions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:40PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 3 comments I am a new Goodreads librarian and am having trouble combining editions of a single title so that the comments can be read from all of the postings.

I have gone to the edit editions tab and checked the box for the other entry and then pressed combine editions, but then nothing happens.

What am I missing?

The graphic novels I am specifically trying to work with are multiple entries of Supernatural Origins #2 and Supernatural Origins #3.

Please advise.

message 2: by Karl (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Karl | 17 comments J-Lynn,

From the author profile page click on Combine Editions. That will bring up a page of all editions of books listed for that author (and any other author with the same name). Click in the box next to each edition that you want to combine & then go to the top or bottom of the page and click on the Combine Editions button. If the titles you mentioned were written by Peter Johnson, I don't see any editions that need combining unless "Supernatural Origins Chapter 2" and "Supernatural Origins Issue 2" are different editions of the same book. Hope this helps.

message 3: by Debbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:41PM) (new)

Debbie Moorhouse Without wishing to be patronising, have you checked both the edition you wish to combine AND the edition with which you wish to combine it?

message 4: by J-Lynn Van Pelt (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 3 comments Figured it out! Thanks.