TV We've Just Watched discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 148 (148 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Anyone watching Dexter?? I started watching this by accident and I'm getting hooked. The last episode was quite revealing. How is Dexter going to deal with his new "partner"? The tension is building.

message 2: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) | 105 comments hey Kathy... I actually just picked this up on DVD... I am finished with season 1 now (I think). I like the show, but boy oh boy does it ever move slow! That is my only gripe about it...

message 3: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 17 comments Dexter never expected to have a friend that he could be honest with.

message 4: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments I love this series. It is funny to see Jimmy Smits as a good bad man. It is not a role he usually plays, and I have missed seeing him in general. I love the role of Dexter, he certainly has changed from Six Feet Under.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 126 comments I've never seen it, but it sounds good. I'll probably pick it up at the library after this quarter is over & I have some free time.

message 6: by Holli (new)

Holli I started watching Dexter when it was on regular TV and not cable and I loved it. Great show! I stopped watching it though about halfway thru because I really wanted to rent the series and watch it without the editing.

message 7: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments It is definitely worth renting and watching. This season is still as terrific. If you like Jimmy Smits, he is great in this as well.

message 8: by Kai (new)

Kai (ky02121) | 17 comments Last night's episode was crazy!

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 375 comments Yes it was quite the cliffhanger. I can't wait to see how he gets out of this one.

message 10: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments Well, it seems as though one of them must go. I can't wait to see how Dexter gets his man.

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I don't know how, but Miguel is dead by season's end... xo

message 12: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments Are you sure about that? Maybe they will go to battle for a while.

message 13: by Moishy (new)

Moishy | 4 comments I think they are slacking off int he third season, the first two were almost addictive. but the third is kinda different, he is not the dexter we are used too.

message 14: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I disagree Moishy, I like how Dexter has become humanized by Rita and kids and the bromance with dex and miguel is fun, but Jimmy Smits only signed to do this season and in article I read he all but said he's dead man walking. That being said, I have not read books so I might feel differently if I had.

Peace!

message 15: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 9 comments I love watching Dexter

message 16: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments I love this season. I can't wait to see how Dexter turns the tables.

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments I agree, Meg! Peace and love!

message 18: by Moishy (new)

Moishy | 4 comments Meg wrote: "I love this season. I can't wait to see how Dexter turns the tables." i am a little behind on dexter is Miguel Prado the one dying at the end of the season?

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments pretty sure miguel dies at end or as "cliffhanger" but is dead and not on next season.

message 20: by Moishy (new)

Moishy | 4 comments Courtney wrote: "I disagree Moishy, I like how Dexter has become humanized by Rita and kids and the bromance with dex and miguel is fun, but Jimmy Smits only signed to do this season and in article I read he all bu..."
The whole show was based upon the idea that he is incapable og friendship, his father tells him to fake it so that no one will suspect him of being a serial killer, and that is why we felt for him because he was unable to change, to fight those urges to kill, but now that we see he is able to have friends and all, then what is his excuse for doing the other things he does. I think this may be the begining of the end the more human he becomes the less killing he does, the less people watch, then the finale.

message 21: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments So Moishy have you changed your mind? Sunday's episode was very different. I just thought it was a cop out that the car scene was a dream

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (courtneyclift) | 924 comments Meg, have I told you what a good friend you are lately? Between Facebooks and Goodreads you always make (at least myself) smile...thanks!

Peace,
Courtney xo

message 23: by Moishy (new)

Moishy | 4 comments Meg wrote: "So Moishy have you changed your mind? Sunday's episode was very different. I just thought it was a cop out that the car scene was a dream"
I watched the first two seasons on DVD in less than a week, but this season i just catch an episode when i can, so i am not up to date, sorry

message 24: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 35 comments You are so sweet Courtney! Whenever I get on facebook there is always something from you, whether it is a snowball fight or a lil green patch. Hope you are well. And, you are a good friend too!

message 25: by Rachael (new)

Rachael (rmichit) I don't know if anyone else wrote this yet because there were too many posts to read through them all, but I'm a HUGE Dexter fan and just wanted to let everyone else here know that you can watch the episodes online at alluc.org. It's got all three seasons so far, fantastic show.

message 26: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments This past season was even better that the other two phenomenal season. they completely outdone themselves! Jimmy Smits as Miguel Prado gave an outstanding performance. I freaking love Dexter!

message 27: by Sapphire (new)

Sapphire Pyro (sapphire-pyro) | 5 comments My cousin introduced this to me, and I marathoned the first season at his house from night until early morning! Haha! I love this series a lot. I will try my best to catch up on the later seasons, ehehe.

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess (jessysbookends) | 9 comments Recently, I discovered Dexter. I watched all three seasons and I'm waiting for the next one. I just can't imagine Dexter as a family guy, juggling work, family and his other life.Let's see how he does it.

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nkd064) I totally agree with Jess. I can't picture Dex as a family man. After the first season I was hooked. I can't not like him, lol. I'm always in his corner. I can't wait for Dexter to return!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I've seen the first two seasons, and I'm currently watching the 3rd... I love this show. :)

message 31: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The 3rd season was the BEST! I am so envious, knowing you're going to experience it for the first time. If you thought the first two season were great, you ain't seen nothing yet! Jimmy Smits is awesome in Dexter.

message 32: by Jess (last edited Jun 26, 2009 03:30PM) (new)

Jess (jessysbookends) | 9 comments Jackie wrote: "The 3rd season was the BEST! I am so envious, knowing you're going to experience it for the first time. If you thought the first two season were great, you ain't seen nothing yet! Jimmy Smits is..."
it's so true, Jimmy Smith is incredibly malicious and bad. he portrayed an incredible villain!!

message 33: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments The writers did a fabulous job, building up the friendship and having it spin out of control so completely.
I liked seeing Jimmy Smits in such a deliciously evil role. So different from his usual good guy roles. I've always liked him, and now, more than ever.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Is the 3rd season over? I've only seen the first 6 episodes of it, and there aren't any more OnDemand...

message 35: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Yes, 13 episodes to a season.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

No, 12. I'm gonna watch the other 6 now.

message 37: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Maybe, it's been a while since I've seen it. More than 6 for sure.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I saw the rest of the season. 12 episodes.

message 39: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments How'd you like it? Wasn't it the best season so far. I can't wait til it gets back on in the Fall.

message 40: by Jen (new)

Jen (spacebetween) | 3 comments Dexter is definitely my favorite show on TV. I can't wait for the next season... FYI: John Lithgow joins the cast, will be interesting to see...

message 41: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Awesome! I can't wait to see this !

message 42: by Jen (new)

Jen (spacebetween) | 3 comments Yes he will be in all 12 of the season's episodes...plays a serial killer that Dexter begins to admire as he has eluded police for over 30 years. Also Lundy (played by Keith Carradine) returns after not appearing at all last season

message 43: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments This is going to be good! Thanks for the info.

message 44: by Jackie (last edited Oct 06, 2009 07:24AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Has anyone watch the new season yet?

I watched the first episode. I have to say I'm a bit annoyed with Dexter's homelife. He's working a full time job, and Rita is a stay at home mom, so why is Dexter getting up all night with the baby? Rita can nap while the baby naps during the day, I mean, this is how it's done. And then for Dexter to take such a huge risk because of exhaustion! I don't think married life suits Dexter at all.

message 45: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 162 comments Saw the first episode. Dexter the Daddy is funny

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I'm going to watch #2 in a little while.

message 47: by Jen (new)

Jen (spacebetween) | 3 comments I wasn't a big fan of episode 2...This season will be interesting as there is a fine line that the writers have to walk...if they humanize Dexter too much (with the home life, fatherhood, etc.) it will take away from the essence of the show. I don't think they will, just something to watch out for.
Still the show I look forward to most each week!

message 48: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Me too! I agree about the family life, something will happen to change all that.

message 49: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments 3rd ep was pretty messed up, the way John Lithgow made that woman jump. I can't imagine such a thing.

message 50: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I am not reading any of the above threads b/c I am a newbie to Dexter and am still in season one. I LOVE this show. I cannot think of the actor's name off the top of my head, but I LOVED him in one of my all-time favorite shows, Six Feet Under. I can't wait to watch the rest. Netflix has seasons one and two available to watch streaming which is nice.

I read the first book in the series that prompted the show. The book, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, was good, but the show humanizes him a lot more. If you LOVE the show, I would suggest checking out the books for comparison.

« previous 1 3