Harry Potter discussion

Movies > Expectations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) What are you expecting from the last to movies? How will you react if these expectations are not met?

I expecting pretty much all the important scenes from the books to be in the movie. I think Harry Potter fans would start a riot if they don't get what they want..lol.

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I'd really want everything to be in the movies. Word for word would be great! I'd love a four hour long HP movie!

message 3: by Cassie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:30PM) (new)

Cassie (clwassink) | 34 comments Yeah I agree I'd love a word for word version of the movie! That would be just great!

message 4: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments yeah, do you guys notice how some lines in the book were said by other characters in the movie? that's annoying! before the 5th movie came out i was really thinking what chapters in the book they will be deleting and what part they couldn't possibly delete. and it was so dissapointing! so i honestly don't know what to expect with the last two books if they make it into a movie.... T.T

message 5: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Ashley (samuraigurl91) | 106 comments Lol! i agree. i would love a 4 hour movie. xD
yeah its annoying, Peng. and i'm sure you've noticed that some parts are from another book. like there's this part from either HP4 or HP5[i can't remember which part] but there is one part thats from HP6 and when i watched it i was like what the hell~ it was frustrating. i really hope they won't disappoint us for the next 2 movies because they're gonna be in history forever and i hope its gonna be fantastic as usual.

message 6: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:31PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments yeah, i know what you mean, ashley. remember the line, "fear of the name...." referring to voldemort? dumbledore said that to harry in book 1 so he will say the name but in the movie it was hermione who said that to lucius and in the 2nd movie! but at least the director (movies 1 & 2 have the same director) knew his books and rectified his shortcomings in the 1st movie. unlike with the other directors (esp. the 3rd movie) wherein they incorporated completely different ideas in the movie. would you guys know if there's another new director for the 6th movie? i heard in one of daniel's interview that he would go on making the harry potter movies as long as he's working with the right director. do you think he had problems with the last one?

message 7: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I did some research and the director of the next HP Movie will be David Yates. He is the one who directed Order of the Phoenix, so it looks like there will be missing scenes in the next movie guys. If the director was smart he will stick to the book.

message 8: by Robbie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:32PM) (new)

Robbie Bashore I find it sort of interesting to see how the movies differ from the books. For the most part, I think the movies have been faithful in the things that *are* included, but I admit it is frustrating when things are left out. I think that as long as the mood is the same and the central themes are preserved, the movie can still be a good one. OOTP movie was very dark and a little unpleasant to watch, much like the book. I, personally, would not like a 4 hour movie. If I were to get word-for-word, I'd prefer to re-read the book. Hopefully, the movies are getting at least some people to pick up the books and read!

message 9: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Yeah! You know, Hermione says Voldy's name in 1, but she wasn't supposed to say it until five, as a support thing for Harry. And Hermione was supposed to say "I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!" And Seamus or Dean was supposed to say "How can you be nearly headless?"

message 10: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments hahaha! you probably have the whole collection of the dvds so you can watch it anytime like me. well, i guess, books and movies are different medias and we can not expect them to be of the same outcome.

message 11: by Rachel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:34PM) (new)

Rachel i look at the books and the movies as separate entities. there's no way they could put every important scene from the books in the movies, or keep the stories exactly perfect as you can't have as many characters in a movie as you can in a book--people get too confused if someone's onscreen for only one line. so i'm not expecting anything except for them to be as entertaining and full of "harry potter spirit" (if not "harry potter exactness") as they have been so far.

message 12: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:35PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments correct Peng! I'm supper stuck to book and so I really notice if they didn't do it right! Though I have to agree with you rachel. I do see them somewhat seperate. That is how I enjoy both so much!