Avalon High Avalon High discussion

What do you think of the whole reincarnation thing

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:28PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle Briggs I think it was what made the story interesting otherwise it would have been dull

Katie Hilton It made it all tie together in the end. It wasn't unnecessary... It was interesting. And i really liked the book.

Chasina I read this book a couple of months ago, and thought it was great! Loved the modern retelling of the myth! Meg cabot's writing is SO good.

Atarah Poling I liked it... the entire book, including the reincarnation.

message 5: by Emily (last edited Jun 01, 2011 05:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Rudder about the reincarnation thingy

awsome, creepy, TOTALLY cool and unchristain

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

You know the reincarnation helped the plot along if that wasn't the plot itself. It was an interesting twist....

Mariska The reincarnation is the thing that the entire book is about, without it there would never have been any story. The whole reincarnation thing gives you something to think about after the story. It makes you think of so many other stories and Historical characters.
This has to be one of the best books i have ever read!!!!!!!!!
It totally ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

nine Mariska wrote: "The reincarnation is the thing that the entire book is about, without it there would never have been any story. The whole reincarnation thing gives you something to think about after the story. It ..."

I agree as well i really liked this book. The reincarnation thing just wrapped the whole thing up. Loved the historical stuff too.

Emily Rudder Meg Cabot obviously did her research

message 10: by Emily (last edited Jun 13, 2011 02:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Rudder exactly. or just continue the series as normal novels. not graphic novels

Celeste Emmalilly wrote: "exactly. or just continue the series as normal novels. not graphic novels"

I know! I feel like there could be so much more to add to the story.

Emily Rudder yeah like if it goes exactly like Arthurian Legend or if it changes or something!!!!!

the movie was so off by the way

Celeste Emmalilly wrote: "yeah like if it goes exactly like Arthurian Legend or if it changes or something!!!!!

the movie was so off by the way"

Hated the movie, Disney botched it.

Emily Rudder I think the movie was ok. though not like the book AT ALL.

Emily Rudder yeah. i read the book after cuz i didn't know it was a book until like January or something.... which was after the movie came out. I stopped liking the movie so much after I read the book

Celeste Adrianja wrote: "I'd probably read the book at least 3 times before the movie. Wasn't the teacher the villain instead of the step brother normally?"

Yeah, like I said, the movie sucked... it sucked big, well, never mind what it sucked...

Book on the other hand was pretty amazing.

message 17: by nine (new) - rated it 5 stars

nine There's a movie?

message 18: by ItsJustMe (last edited Jun 18, 2011 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

ItsJustMe The reincarnation "thing" did a good "thing" to the book. Compared to the book, I DIDN'T liked the MOVIE at all.

Celeste Ema wrote: "The reincarnation "thing" did a good "thing" to the book. Compared to the book, I DIDN'T liked the MOVIE at all."

I know! The book puts the movie to shame, like picking it up, throwing it across the room where it hits the wall, falls and gets stomped on with extremely muddy boots and thrown into a fire... sorry about that, my inner rage needed to be let free there. But it's true.

message 20: by nine (new) - rated it 5 stars

nine Sounds like it really sucked. So i shouldn't watch the movie?

Celeste Oh, you can... but it does suck, like big vacuum suck. It made me appreciate the book so much more! I got through maybe 1/2 an hour and then I just ran to my Kobo to read to real thing.

Anshu The book was interesting and I think reincarnation was necessary.
I watched the movie trailor of this book and it totally sucked!

Celeste Adrianja wrote: "Exactly. I don't recommend watching the movie if you really liked the book :)"

Holla sister! You said it!

Daniella The book was really interesting but Disney did a terrible job with the movie. And Meg Cabot needs to make this a series! I hate it when authors write such awesome books and then they dont add to it anymore. I think if she did, it would be way better than the mediator series and the princess diaries put together!

Celeste Adrianja wrote: ":) i so agree. i didn't like the princess diaries. never read the mediator. she should so make it a series"

I advise you to read the Mediator series, it was great! Much better than Princess Diaries.

Celeste Trust me, the Mediator isn't like it all. It's way better. She could even keep going with the series if she wanted to.

Antoniya:) Daniella wrote: "The book was really interesting but Disney did a terrible job with the movie. And Meg Cabot needs to make this a series! I hate it when authors write such awesome books and then they dont add to it..."

Yes i LOVED the book. I couldnt put it down. I was always looking for a time to read it. But yeah i WAS SOOO happy when i heard there was gonna movie, because i wanted to see who they would put as the characters. But then when i ACTUALLY saw the movie, i was SOOOO Disapointed. TERRIBLE!

message 28: by Celeste (last edited Jun 24, 2011 04:26PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Celeste Antoniya:) wrote: "Daniella wrote: "The book was really interesting but Disney did a terrible job with the movie. And Meg Cabot needs to make this a series! I hate it when authors write such awesome books and then th..."

I think everyone who has commented about the movie has said it sucked.

Daniella Antoniya:) wrote: "Daniella wrote: "The book was really interesting but Disney did a terrible job with the movie. And Meg Cabot needs to make this a series! I hate it when authors write such awesome books and then th..."

Yupp..And I love it even more because nobody ever writes young adult books about old Arthurian Literature and myths. I also really enjoyed the Mediator series. Have you read it?

Celeste I've read the Mediator series and I loved it! They're my favourite series from her! I also loved Jinx.

Daniella Yeah it was awesome! But I haven't read Jinx yet, I'll have to download it on my kindle.

Celeste I totally recommend both!

Courtney I liked it!! This book was a lot different from other books and it wasn't too weird or anything. It was actually really cute, and so was the movie(:

Danielle I really liked the book. I remember at at the time I read it I kept runing into stories about the character Elaine of shalot so when I started reading this and Elaine was mentioned I was like "weird coincedences?! oh well!" It got me interested in the actual legend.

Katherine The reincarnation made it good. The only thing that was messed up was the movie.

Celeste I heard about it, but I'm not sure if it will measure up. There's totally potential for a sequel though - book wise. I think I'd die if there was another movie, when you take into account the horrible job they did on the first one.

Leigh This book kept my interest and it made me wonder about all the reincarnation that took part in the story. This book got me reading, and now i always have my head in a book!!!

Leigh Moe12 wrote: "You know the reincarnation helped the plot along if that wasn't the plot itself. It was an interesting twist...."

I totally agree with you...

Nikita Fiji i liked the book..but the ending was a lil too much to digest...

message 40: by Maddy (new) - rated it 1 star

Maddy I thought it was..... VERY cheesy. This was by far one of the worst books I've ever read. Sorry if I offended anyone. :P

Lovebianca weird, but the book is cute very brave story to write

Aycal Herondale i liked the book alot. i think that the theme of reincarnation matched the book. OMG IS THERE A MOVIE? WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME? IS IT OLD? OMG? PLEASE UPDATE!!

Aycal Herondale was the movie any good?

message 44: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Emmalilly wrote: "exactly. or just continue the series as normal novels. not graphic novels"

totally!

Fathima the whole reincarnation thing is soooooo dump n lame

message 46: by Meg (new) - rated it 5 stars

Meg Fathima wrote: "the whole reincarnation thing is soooooo dump n lame"

not exactly...