Ravelry Knitters discussion

Hello all

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:25PM) (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Nice to see you all here too. If we discuss books on Ravelry, do we discuss knitting here? Ah, no, knitting books!

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (gravityvp) | 1 comments Introducing myself - just found this site from a thread on ravelry - this is great!

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (jhankie) | 2 comments I finally had the time to add myself to this group! Thanks for setting it up. - Cathy

message 4: by Margarita (new)

Margarita | 1 comments I just found out about this group and am glad to find you guys. I am totally addicted to Ravelry - it's just a wonderland, isn't it?

message 5: by Gbina (new)

Gbina | 1 comments Hey all! Just joined the Ravelry Book Club group on Rav and heard you had a group hear too! Awesome! My two favorite things (books and yarn) finally combine. I must being pulling down some major karma right now. Better start picking up litter else it will all be used up. :)

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison (extrayarn) | 1 comments Saw the ravelry thread and came on over. I probably have as many books-in-progress as works-in-progress (not to mention stacks of half-read New Yorkers). Hoping this will help me keep track of my ambitions!

message 7: by Esther (new)

Esther (eshchory) My too favourite sites -Ravelry and Goodreads.

I am better about keeping to one book at a time but my TBR pile is even more hysterically out of control than my WiPs.

message 8: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 9 comments Shhhh!

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hello all, I got my ravelry invite today and saw someone talk about this site and found it. Thanks for introducing me to this site.

message 10: by Brandy (new)

Brandy (brandyann) | 1 comments Knitting and Reading - my two addictions- so much fun. Hello everyone.

message 11: by flajol (new)

flajol | 1 comments Howdo! I found out about this site through the Ravelry Book Group. This looks like another website I could get addicted to. Better go tell all my reading friends about it so they can join in too!

message 12: by Katy (new)

Katy (whatkatydid) Hello all...between Goodreads and Ravelry...well...uh....can the kids feed themselves?
lol

Hello everyone! I am WhatKatyDid over on Ravelry.

message 13: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganmme) Welcome everyone! I'm glad I'm not the only one as addicted to Goodreads as I am to Ravelry!

message 14: by Debs (new)

Debs *waves*
Hello Ravelry'ers!

message 15: by Katarina (new)

Katarina (katarinaw) Hello everyone! I also found out about goodreads from the Ravelry Book Club. This site is great, I will probably spend a lot of time here. As I do on Ravelry :)

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily  (merwenna) | 1 comments Hello all! Wow, I just found this site and its amazing.

lol@Katy, I was wondering the same thing.

message 17: by Katy (new)

Katy (whatkatydid) lol! It's rough. I just took my first spinning class on Friday, so now my head is truly filled with fiber. Then I come on over here and find a few hundred books to add that I forgot I had read, sigh...what to do?

message 18: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (wwwgoodreadscomprofilemargaret) | 4 comments i have the same problem, do i read, knit, crochet, blog or go on ravelry in my spare time! so much for balance - we'll have to pace ourselves! have a great week ;) marg

message 19: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 3 comments I found a nifty little collapsible book stand at my college book store so I can read and knit at the same time. :D yay!!

message 20: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments Hello everyone. I recently joined this group after reading about it on Ravelry. Now I will never get anything done (knitting or reading). My to-read list is long and on many scraps of paper. Must find time to organize.

message 21: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments Hello everyone. I recently joined this group after reading about it on Ravelry. Now I will never get anything done (knitting or reading). My to-read list is long and on many scraps of paper. Must find time to organize.

message 22: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (wwwgoodreadscomprofilemargaret) | 4 comments hang in there! i have to be stricter with myself when it comes to time management as well. i try to donate books when i'm done with them to the library & that kind of keeps me motivated & clutter free - heehee. marg :)

message 23: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments The majority of my books are in storage as my husband and I are hoping to move sometime in the future. Clutter and I seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly (mmm, almost lunch time). The more I get rid of the more shows up.

message 24: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) Hi everyone! Glad I found you. I was looking for a goodreads group on Ravelry, but didn't think to look for a Ravelry group here!
Anyway, I'm 'clumberknits' over at Ravelry.
And I have a podcast about book and reading, if you don't mind me plugging it here: http://www.booksonthenightstand.com

I confess that I haven't knit a stitch since March (and those stitches got frogged). But I have been reading a lot!

Ann

message 25: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (afruitsnack) Hello everybody!! -a la Dr. Nick

I'm mebellus on ravelry, and both places are the greatest ever.

I need to figure out how to read and knit at the same time. I have about 10 books waiting for me to read them right now, and I just put in for more.

message 26: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments Since I have started knitting in February, I have only finished one sock. Second one is almost done. It's so hard to finish when there is so many great book to read and fellow Ravelers to meet. I will check out your podcast later.
Lisa

message 27: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments If you figure out how to do both at the same time, post the answer all over the internet as I think that everyone will want to know! Love this website and Ravelry.

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren  (lauren_w) Hi everyone! it is great to see Ravelers here too!

message 29: by Amber (new)

Amber Karnes (amberkarnes) | 1 comments Hey everyone!

message 30: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (bjclark63) | 4 comments Hi everyone, I think I'm late to the party but sooo glad to be here now!

bjclark63 aka Bren

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone!

message 32: by Dottie (last edited Jul 26, 2008 11:07PM) (new)

Dottie  (oxymoronid) Hello -- just thought I'd say I'm here also -- one of my two grown daughters talked me into signing up for an invitation to Ravelry and I finally did. Both daughters are on Ravelry and both knitting away, crocheting, and the one who talked me into joining is also doing spinning, dyeing and weaving.

I'm almost as bad about hanging out there as I am here though I've not knitted nor crocheted anything for years now and so have only thirty year old projects in the notebook -- sigh. That will change once I'm done sorting and tossing and get packed and moved next year I'm hoping. If we just stayed home more I'd get done faster. The retirement house is smaller though so have to think about where yarn and books will live!

I'm dottie44 on Ravelry, BTW.

message 33: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (wwwgoodreadscomprofilemargaret) | 4 comments welcome Dottie! yay you're on ravelry! i recently moved from CA to PA and I kept the knitting projects together in the car so i wouldn't have knitting withdrawl on the ride over. Things will settle down for you and you'll be knitting in no time. :)Marg - aka margknittinaround on ravelry or aka survivor of many moves Marg.

message 34: by Crystal (new)

Crystal S | 2 comments Welcome Dottie! Ravelry is so much fun and youget to meet such nice people. I am a self taught knitter of two years and learning more each day! I am sure you will love it here.
Crystal(aka knittingagain on Ravelry
http://crystaleverchanging.blogspot.com

message 35: by mari (new)

mari (maribs) | 1 comments Hey! There are knitters in here.
I didn't know there was a Ravelry Book Club, but glad I found it.

mari

mariknits on Ravelry

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm new, too! Found this via Deb's page.

I'm LizzieK8 on Ravelry, too
http://lizzysends.blogspot.com/

message 37: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments Hey,
Glad you joined. I am begnrknitter on Ravelry.
Lisa

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 06, 2008 06:02AM) (new)

I "read" and knit all the time. Sometimes it's audio books and sometimes it's a book stand on the desk in front of me.

I joined the100+ Reading Challenge and have read 60 so far.
http://100-book-challenge.blogspot.com/

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! I have the same username on Ravelry (and everywhere, pretty much.)

Knitting forced me to learn to do the audiobook thing, it was hard but I'm used to it now. I still like to curl up with a real paper book each day though!

message 40: by Lisa R. (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments I love listening to audio books. The more I listen to, the more I discover who is a really good reader and those who are not. I am begnrknitter on Ravelry also.
Lisa

message 41: by Leslie (last edited Aug 28, 2008 05:39AM) (new)

Leslie (lesslie) I have recently returned to using audiobooks. I once had a long work commute that demanded their use for my sanity but now stay home and find they are wondeful while quilting. I don't usually use them while knitting cos that requires concentration to a row by row pattern. The last one I did was "The Johnstown Flood" while piecing a kaleidoscope quilt. Now that quilt brings back memories of the book whenever I see it.
Oh, I'm "leslieunraveled" on Ravelry. See yall there!

message 42: by Amy (new)

Amy (doeeyeddolly) | 2 comments Hello everyone. Knitting takes up much of my spare time that is not being used by reading.

message 43: by Peri (new)

Peri | 1 comments Wow can't believe I didn't know about his site or that there where Ravelry peeps here. I'm Loobles on Rav and can see I will spend/waste a lot of time on here!

message 44: by Lisa R. (last edited Oct 25, 2008 10:58AM) (new)

Lisa R. | 24 comments This site is great. It's hard trying to balance knitting and reading and Ravelry. I'm begnrkniter on Ravelry.

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (literaryladybug) Hello all! So happy to find this group!

message 46: by Anne (new)

Anne (anneolly) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I am a ravelry, knitting and now goodreads addict, so nice to know there are ways to fuel my addictions.

message 47: by Steff (new)

Steff Hi, everybody! I've been a member of Ravelry for what seems like forever but have just discovered goodreads. Tooo fun! Oh, I'm Steffi1190 on Rav, by the way. It's so great to find Ravelers everywhere I go!

message 48: by Jennifer Defoy (new)

Jennifer Defoy | 4 comments My current addiction leans more toward Goodreads, but I still LOVE my Ravelry. I'm Jennmarie68 there.

message 49: by Bunny (new)

Bunny  (bunny_reads) Wow, everyone found this through Ravelry, and I just found it by looking at knitting books! Hi, I'm Bunny, venusblue on Ravelry. ::waves::

message 50: by Afton (new)

Afton | 3 comments What a large site! It's not Ravelry, but it will do.

« previous 1